Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving from permanent to temp contract

Options
  • 06-07-2017 11:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

Employed on a permanent contract (started 12months ago).
    Was out for 5 weeks sick leave due to work stress. Upon return, given 3 options:
    1. Return to current role (not interested because role and pressures haven't changed)
    2. Hand in notice and leave company
    3. Take a 6 month contract in a different role (HR will assist at end of 6 months in identifying any permanent roles in the company that I may apply for)

While off sick, I was adamant in my own head that I would leave company, now, option 3 is looking good.
    However, in the back of my mind, I'm thinking the company are getting off lightly or pulling a fast one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Meeeee79

scurnane wrote: »
    However, in the back of my mind, I'm thinking the company are getting off lightly or pulling a fast one?

What more do you expect from them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

scurnane wrote: »
    Was out for 5 weeks sick leave due to work stress. Upon return, given 3 options:
    1. Return to current role (not interested because role and pressures haven't changed)
    2. Hand in notice and leave company
    3. Take a 6 month contract in a different role (HR will assist at end of 6 months in identifying any permanent roles in the company that I may apply for)

While off sick, I was adamant in my own head that I would leave company, now, option 3 is looking good.

Is there a union you can talk to.?
    If your employed to do a job and you can't do it I reckon they are being reasonable with offering the temp contract.
    Others may disagree!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭scurnane

Meeeee79 wrote: »
    What more do you expect from them?
    Yea that's a fair question. My answer is I'm not sure. I'm going to take option 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭scurnane

Is there a union you can talk to.?
    If your employed to do a job and you can't do it I reckon they are being reasonable with offering the temp contract.
    Others may disagree!
    That's a fair point. My argument to them would be that I got through my probation and got a favourable review/bonus/payrise before getting sick so I'd be worried I'm now being "managed out" and feel like being on probation again.
    Thanks for the comment.

Advertisement