Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Location - Tallaght

Options
  • 06-07-2017 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

A friend is looking to make a property investment shortly and is interested in 2 properties, one in Kingswood Tallaght and the other in Ballycullen Tallaght.

I'm not overly familiar with these areas at all so would just like to know which would be considered generally better?

Both houses are 4 bed semis in similar good condition.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Personally I would go with Kingswood, its a really nice area with very little trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭sumsar

Another reason to go Kingswood, it's close to the Luas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

blacklilly wrote: »
    Hi all,

A friend is looking to make a property investment shortly and is interested in 2 properties, one in Kingswood Tallaght and the other in Ballycullen Tallaght.

I'm not overly familiar with these areas at all so would just like to know which would be considered generally better?

Both houses are 4 bed semis in similar good condition.

Ballycullen isn't Tallaght FWIW. Its Dublin 24 but certainly not Tallaght.

Both are nice areas. I personally prefer Ballycullen its a nicer area surrounded by nicer areas. but as mentioned Kinswood has a luas stop which will add as an investment property

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I know Tallaght quite well and I couldn't even say where Ballycullen is. . .:confused:

Kingswood also has quick access to the M50 and the Naas road

• Registered Users Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

For an investment Kingswood I would say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Kingswood would definitely win out and only Belgard is a nicer area in Tallaght. It's settled, quiet and has great transport links in the Luas and M50.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭REFLINE1

https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/22-daletree-crescent-ballycullen-tallaght-dublin-24/2645088

i wouldnt have called Ballycullen part of Tallaght but it seems parts are.

REFLINE1 wrote: »
    https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/22-daletree-crescent-ballycullen-tallaght-dublin-24/2645088

i wouldnt have called Ballycullen part of Tallaght but it seems parts are.

Just a bad listing. That agent doesn't sell a lot of units in the area as far as I know.

We looked a thing houses on that road, I'll reiterate it's not Tallaght

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭big syke

Dale tree in Ballycullen is ok.

Parts are dodgy as they back onto and are directly neighbouring a halting site but other parts are great.

Location wise for transport etc Kingswood is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nika Bolokov

Kingswood is great. Very established and by the Luas.

Ballycullen is up the side of a mountain. The locals who bought houses there don't like it if you call it Tallaght ! ....although with Ballycullen you are a handy stroll from the facilities in Jobstown and Tallaght business park for work if your based there.

Kingswood would still win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

Ballycullen is up the side of a mountain. The locals who bought houses there don't like it if you call it Tallaght ! ....although with Ballycullen you are a handy stroll from the facilities in Jobstown and Tallaght business park for work if your based there.

Thanks, I sensed that may be the case!

If it's that particular house I would also expect it to go for far more than asking. I would suspect possibly over 360,000 if not more.

big syke wrote: »
    Dale tree in Ballycullen is ok.

Parts are dodgy as they back onto and are directly neighbouring a halting site but other parts are great.

Location wise for transport etc Kingswood is very good.

Yep anywhere that is too close to Daletree place is where to avoid in terms of there.

Edit I would consider Tallaght as West of the Dodder/Tymon Park and south of the N7

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The other thing to bear in mind is that traffic is a nightmare around Ballycullen and likely to get worse with all the building that's going on up around there. I lived there six years ago and it could take 30 to 40 minutes to travel 1km down the Ballycullen road in the morning at times and there's been a hell of a lot more building up around there with little infrastructure put in.

Went to view Abbots Grove and while they were lovely houses, it's pretty isolated with not much more than rows and rows of estates up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Location - NOT Tallaght in one case :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

The other thing to bear in mind is that traffic is a nightmare around Ballycullen and likely to get worse with all the building that's going on up around there. I lived there six years ago and it could take 30 to 40 minutes to travel 1km down the Ballycullen road in the morning at times and there's been a hell of a lot more building up around there with little infrastructure put in.

Went to view Abbots Grove and while they were lovely houses, it's pretty isolated with not much more than rows and rows of estates up there.

Great, thanks for that info. Kingswood is their preferred house and it would seem by and large the best investment option.

Advertisement