Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signed on this week, and already have social welfare interview?

Options
  • 06-07-2017 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

I signed on to jobseekers this week am looking for part time work, but am going to college in September. No empoyer would want to take me on full time for two months, so I assume I should be looking for part time work that is student friendly. Today in the post I got a letter from the department saying I have an interview tomorrow with the social office and must bring passport, bank statements etc...I think it is a bit rich considering I just signed on and haven't even been given the chance to look for work?

Will I just show up? not happy about this at all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tracey turnblad

Everyone has to do that if they sign on... why are you exempt? Also to receive jobseekers you must be looking for full time employment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Their hardly going to just pay you put the money every week. Of course you have to go to the meeting. It's standard practice. Also, you could be called to another one in an intreo office where they explain the services available

• Registered Users Posts: 34,087 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

You expect people to give you free money while you have no proof of getting work to them

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sierra88

lovelife92 wrote: »
    I signed on to jobseekers this week am looking for part time work, but am going to college in September. No empoyer would want to take me on full time for two months, so I assume I should be looking for part time work that is student friendly. Today in the post I got a letter from the department saying I have an interview tomorrow with the social office and must bring passport, bank statements etc...I think it is a bit rich considering I just signed on and haven't even been given the chance to look for work?

Show up to All meetings with them or they'll only wreck your head with letters etc.

Have you looked into the Casual work Scheme ? If you find part time work it might be a better option than the Jobseeker's Allowance 'As you can work part-time up to 20hrs per week while finishing your studies and without being hassled too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭The Oort Cloud

You expect people to give you free money while you have no proof of getting work to them

You need to understand the case of free production of money. The indoctrinated will assume that money is solid and real, but all it takes is the swipe of a pen to create trillions out of thin air.
    Quantitative easing – or QE for short - basically means the ECB will start creating money out of thin air. All those new euro would then be used to buy assets in the hope that getting more money flowing across the common currency bloc will inspire extra spending from governments, businesses and individuals.
    Link http://www.thejournal.ie/ecb-quantitative-easing-3-1894326-Mar2015/

Individual people have different thoughts and understanding in regard to others opinions, but the problem is this... there are some people out there that will do everything in their power to cut you off when they do not like your opinion even when it is truth.

https://youtu.be/v8EseBe4eIU

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

Happens to everyone, its just a meeting to give you a case worker & to get to know you. They will get your details & give you advise on what to do. Nothing to worry about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Students signing on for the summer shouldn't even be possible. Either get a job or go to the beach.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,227 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Students signing on for the summer shouldn't even be possible. Either get a job or go to the beach.

Thank God for our free educational system!

That's what the job is for! Collecting dole to help pay for full time third level education is clearly asinine. Still, I don't suppose the state has really thought about the obvious connection....

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭beechwood55

• Advertisement

Ah but if you haven't actually started, do they seek evidence of having been accepted by the CAO? Presumably the interview would touch on such matters.

Advertisement