Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible to delete my account and posts?

Options
  • 06-07-2017 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭

As per thread title, I just want to know if it is possible. Not saying I want to go ahead with it (yet).

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

You can close your account, but I'm afraid it's not possible to delete your posts. However if there were a small number of specific posts containing personal identifying information we would have no problem with deleting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

you can close your account which will remove all personally identifying details from the account information.

However you cannot have your posts deleted as these are part of an ongoing discussion and may result in gaps where a topic changes or a user responds to something you have posted. also what about posters that quote your post? should we delete those too?

if there is a particular post that you feel would compromise your privacy in some way then admins and staff will do our best to help you but a blanket removal is not an option.

edit: dammit Zaph, i was eating a sandwich! I would have hit reply sooner... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

Ok, thanks for the information.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement