Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ticket Fraud/Theft!!!

Options
  • 06-07-2017 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

I stupidly posted an ad on adverts a few days ago showing the bar code on my ticket I was selling, which I later learned can be used to make a copy of my ticket. Is there anything I can do if some one has stolen the bar code?
    Feeling sick at how stupid I was.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Assuming you have taken down the picture already, I would contact the ticket issuer to see if a replacement can be generated.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Report it lost. They'll invalidate it and give you a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Shabaz50

If I go into a ticketmaster office with the ticket and my account details will they print me a new one there and scrap the old one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Shabaz50 wrote: »
    If I go into a ticketmaster office with the ticket and my account details will they print me a new one there and scrap the old one?

If you bought it online, a ticketmaster agent won't be able to help you.

You will need to contact ticketmaster online and arrange for the ticket to be cancelled.

shocksy wrote: »
    If you bought it online, a ticketmaster agent won't be able to help you.

You will need to contact ticketmaster online and arrange for the ticket to be cancelled.

It's a general admission ticket and they say they don't replace them if there lost. But my ticket isn't lost so I'm hoping they will replace it. Im ringing ASAP tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Silly thing to do alright but there's plenty potential that ticket was not copied at all.

Silly thing to do alright but there's plenty potential that ticket was not copied at all.

I hope so, but more than likely I'll have to sell this ticket and I don't want to risk selling some poor lad a dodgy ticket. If it was myself going I'd chance it.
    Thanks for telling me that, does it happen often? I read a few bits online and I was convinced it was stolen

sugarman wrote: »
    Honestly, you're worrying over nothing. Unless it was quite a high-res close up of it.. and even then, the vast majority of people wouldn't posses the skills to copy it.

Really? Thanks a million :). No it was a poor enough picture to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Shabaz50 wrote: »
    It's a general admission ticket and they say they don't replace them if there lost.
    If you ordered tickets online and they get lost in the post they either send you new ones or you have to collect replacements at the box office on the day with ID. Doesn't matter if they are general admission or not.

However if you say that YOU lost them it might a different story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

I have heard this a few times but has anyone actually seen it happen?

• Advertisement

You're worrying over nothing- is the gig you're selling even sold out?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Next time make sure to Photoshop the barcode with one for a mars bar

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Just got stung with tickets am gutted

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

what happened?

How exactly

Bought hard copy ones on a buy and sell site,met the person,paid for them went to concert tickets scanned as being refunds. The person reported them as lost and was sent out new copies

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

Bought hard copy ones on a buy and sell site,met the person,paid for them went to concert tickets scanned as being refunds. The person reported them as lost and was sent out new copies

report the person on the site you bought them

What site? If you complain to the guards, they can make a section 8 request and get the details of the seller. If they registered using their genuine details, they can be found. What site is it?

Done deal

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Have you phone number?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Its very common and see it on a very regular basis in the Aviva. Get onto the cops.

Its fraud and traceable.

Never buy tickets from anywhere other than official outlets.

Or buy them on adverts.ie where you can view a sellers previous dealings and feedback to make a balanced decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

:eek:
    For... ?
    From where ... ?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

For Coldplay hardcopy tickets on donedeal

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

For Coldplay hardcopy tickets on donedeal

You should follow it up ,you should have the buyers name and order ID on the tickets if bought off Ticketmaster.
    If bought in a shop it could be more difficult .

Yeah they were bought online have the name on the tickets and have reported it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Let us know how you get on. Its deplorable that someone would do that. I hope you cause them a lot of hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Probably the same a$$ho/€ who threw the bottle at Jonny Buckland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

From my experience ticketmaster will block the card used to buy the tickets not the name.

You need to make a official complaint to the Garda. It is fraud.

I won't go into detail but we had someone take the piss on a regular basis.

It was 5-6 times before anyone acted. We discovered the original ticket holder was in the ground so we pulled the party from the stands so the Garda could have a word with them.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

User on adverts selling free and comp tickets on a very regular basis great feedback tho.Making a nice few quid from free tickets

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement