Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ticket Fraud/Theft!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

I sold tickets I won in a competition on adverts before... Now I sold them below face value because I wanted a quick sale but I didn't feel bad about it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Yeah they were bought online have the name on the tickets and have reported it

Any feedback from Done Deal? Or Garda

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

None as yet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Done Deal are useless in these situations. They will want to wash their hands of it. Keep on to them though. Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Donedeal cannot legally say anything due to the poxy data protection act. As advised previously, the gardai have to make a section 8 data request. Once this happens, all info held will be handed over. Otherwise, donedeal, or any other data holding organization, can, and will be prosecuted.

• Advertisement

finbarrk wrote: »
    Done Deal are useless in these situations. They will want to wash their hands of it. Keep on to them though. Best of luck.

Absolute rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

User on adverts selling free and comp tickets on a very regular basis great feedback tho.Making a nice few quid from free tickets

I've bought complementary tickets off people and never had a problem doing it.
    At least I'm getting tickets (mostly under face value) that are legit.
    Fair enough they got them for nothing but nothing wrong in selling them on, just a pity I can't get any free ones. :(

okidoki987 wrote: »
    I've bought complementary tickets off people and never had a problem doing it.
    At least I'm getting tickets (mostly under face value) that are legit.
    Fair enough they got them for nothing but nothing wrong in selling them on, just a pity I can't get any free ones. :(
    I bought complimentary tickets from a guy and asked him how he got them. He laughed. He has a couple of phone with speed dial and when the ticket giveaway happens on the radio, he is right on it.
    Jammy fecker!

Can I actually ask a question that might help me a bit. Say you bought hardcopy tickets online by card. The date of sale is 10/10 The concert sold out in minutes so you know the date on the tickets isn't that date.The date on the tickets is 20/10 at 17:00.This is the date they are printed. All tickets were dispatched in and around last week October. And you got an email confirming this I guess? Is it not odd to wait until may or June to phone and claim tickets never arrived?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

All tickets were dispatched in and around last week October. And you got an email confirming this I guess? Is it not odd to wait until may or June to phone and claim tickets never arrived?

Ticketmaster do not send emails notifying of ticket dispatch ,the only way of knowing is to check the dispatch status in your account.

• Advertisement

But ticketmaster would have proof of that so?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Out of interest - did you meet many others on Saturday night that had been caught with cancelled/fake tickets?

All ticketmaster do is send out the tickets, they would no idea if the purchaser gets them or not.

I always, when buying tickets off someone with no feedback etc, take a picture
    of the car they are driving or a picture of the seller if they aren't driving.
    Mightn't work all the time but at least there is some comeback if it goes pear shaped.
    Also worth taking note of the address of the seller as well, some may not give this out but handy if buying printouts.

I have the car make/model and beginning of number plate,we bought it off them in a large shopping area with cctv which is being requested as we have exact dates and times.
    I know ticketmaster cannot say exactly if the tickets arrived or not but to leave a gap of 8 months from when they were dispatched to when you phone to say they didn't arrive is a bit extreme
    There was several others who had fake/duplicate copies of tickets but we were only ones with hard copy

Not 100% sure the SC would give you the car details unless the guards ask for them?
    T/M never say when tickets are going to be sent out, just if you don't receive them 2 weeks beforehand to let them know.
    Every concert nowadays seem to have people who end up with fake/reprinted etc tickets and can't get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Ticket Fraud/Theft is a great group, I recommend you get their first two albums, they'll blow you away. :D:);)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Ticketmaster could easily offer an online check for tickets, christ knows people pay enough service fees and get pretty much nothing in return, not even a bloody contact email.

There are barcodes on the tickets, or other reference numbers, someone can ring and claim it never arrived in the post and they get new ones sent out, with new codes.

You should be able to enter the number in TM's site and see if it is cancelled or not, regardless of who you are, no reason to keep it secret. This will not prevent the scammer selling and cancelling last minute though, they can do this as you would be issued new tickets that you collect at the box office -as there is no time to post them out. There could be a limit on reporting "lost" tickets, say 1 month so you know if you buy after that it cannot be cancelled, or maybe someway for the seller to register it as recieved and cannot be cancelled, so you could check on a phone at the time of buying it.

But if you did buy tickets you could check that morning on the site -by then the scammer should have reported them lost. If sold on seatwave TM could know something is up and not send out replacements for tickets they know were sold (dunno if they do this already). If bought elsewhere at least you know not to bother going. It would be devastating for someone to have travelled from say Kerry to Dublin with kids all excited -only to find out they were scammed when you have wasted all that time & effort getting there too.

People legitimately stuck with tickets are also being screwed over as people are more reluctant to buy due to fear of scams. People also need to stop this practice of buying tickets on behalf of others, or on the expectation they will be taken off them. There is a common thing of "jaysus I actually got in, and can buy up to 4/8, sure everywhere online is saying its sold out and I got in, I may as well buy the max amount and will easily get rid of them, mates will be so thankful", and then more gigs are announced, and/or TM go back on the bogus "sold out" claim and start selling more.

It would be an interesting option if people could cancel their own tickets online, even if they got nothing back from the TM scum. If you were certain you were not going, and could find no way to get rid of them you could cancel your own ticket and so make it available for resale to (hopefully) a genuine fan. It would sicken me to see TM getting more profit, but the band should too, and a punter does get in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

As soon as Ticketmaster start getting involved, then they become responsible. Why on earth would they do any of the above? They should help people break the T&C of the tickets?

Say what you want about Seatwave but it's the safest way of buying "secondary" tickets.

But what does seatwave cost and dont they allow ticket touting?

Adverts normal offering is free and the ticket mod works hard to remove touts as they appear. Add in the ability to check previous dealings and feedback, adverts offers quite a good option. The mod is a right bollix when it comes to touts.

Seatwave is around 12% of the cost of the ticket to both sellers and buyers.
    The point has been made that they are one of the safest ways of buying tickets on the secondary market but that comes at a cost.
    Read they only refunded people who didn't get in to Coldplay with tickets bought on Seatwave which isn't good.
    Adverts normal offering is free and the ticket mod works hard to remove touts as they appear. Add in the ability to check previous dealings and feedback, adverts offers quite a good option. The mod is a right bollix when it comes to touts.

One of better sites all right but no comeback if a scam, feedback does count all right but like any site check out your seller first.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

See a seller on adverts selling comp/free tickets

bigpink wrote: »
    See a seller on adverts selling comp/free tickets

And why not? If he won them on the radio or similar, why shouldn't he be able to sell them on at a reasonable price? . As long as he is not ticket scalping, that's not a problem.

At the moment you can also by a stena voucher which was given away on the TV "one for everyone in the audience". Of course its reasonable to sell them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

And why not? If he won them on the radio or similar, why shouldn't he be able to sell them on at a reasonable price? . As long as he is not ticket scalping, that's not a problem.

At the moment you can also by a stena voucher which was given away on the TV "one for everyone in the audience". Of course its reasonable to sell them.
    If i got a free ticket and couldnt use it id give it away or maybe the price of a few pints.This seller is a full time ticket seller on adverts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Yeah Seatwave is a rip-off and makes casual touting very easy. But if this thread is about theft and fraud, then Seatwave is definitely the safest option.

The adverts mod might be a right bollix but he's not going to refund you if you get ripped off.

Yeah Seatwave is a rip-off and makes casual touting very easy. But if this thread is about theft and fraud, then Seatwave is definitely the safest option.

The adverts mod might be a right bollix but he's not going to refund you if you get ripped off.

I hate touts. Ticket scalping is wrong and hopefully it will be outlawed. Seat wave only encourages it and takes a large cut in the process. Adverts, with the feedback system is probably the best option out there, but you still need to have common sense.

Hopefully the user ripped off on done deal will get sorted, but the ONLY people who can legally sort it out is the gardai. I have advised him in detail what to do and why.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Why on earth would they do any of the above?
    to attract more people into using seatwave, which is hugely profitable for them.

The voluntary cancellation of tickets by people could also be hugely profitable for them. To entice more people to willingly do it if the cancelled ticket did get resold some money could go to charity. I would be happy enough to see the band getting another cut and some punter getting in.
    They should help people break the T&C of the tickets?
    what T&Cs are you referring to.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

As soon as Ticketmaster start getting involved, then they become responsible. Why on earth would they do any of the above? They should help people break the T&C of the tickets?

Say what you want about Seatwave but it's the safest way of buying "secondary" tickets.

Seatwave are touting scum. There I said what i want about them.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

rubadub wrote: »
    to attract more people into using seatwave, which is hugely profitable for them.

The voluntary cancellation of tickets by people could also be hugely profitable for them. To entice more people to willingly do it if the cancelled ticket did get resold some money could go to charity. I would be happy enough to see the band getting another cut and some punter getting in.

what T&Cs are you referring to.

T&C's state tickets are no transferrable and can't be sold on basically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

lordgoat wrote: »
    T&C's state tickets are no transferrable and can't be sold on basically.

Plus Ticketmaster employ people to check adverts, done deal etc for tickets. If they can identity the ticket from seat/row or barcode, then they block them.

• Advertisement

prinzeugen wrote: »
    Plus Ticketmaster employ people to check adverts, done deal etc for tickets. If they can identity the ticket from seat/row or barcode, then they block them.

I doubt that very much. How do you know. The impression I get is they dont give a flying ****. Sure they are at it as well!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement