Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ticket Fraud/Theft!!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

I doubt that very much. How do you know. The impression I get is they dont give a flying ****. Sure they are at it as well!

I work in a venue and know this. All I will say.

They do not entertain people that have bought cancelled tickets through third parties.

They will not entertain folks with problems unless the cardholder is there.

Many a person has had issues with tickets given as gifts.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

lordgoat wrote: »
    T&C's state tickets are no transferrable and can't be sold on basically.
    Doing a search I can see a few gigs where this is said. But I was checking the back of my tickets recently to see if this was the case and could not see it. It said tickets could not be sold for higher than the face value, not sure if it said "resold".

I have definitely seen spokesmen for ticketmaster advising people to try and sell tickets before, think they were being asked about refund policies. I also know of people (including myself) who rang looking to see if they could get refunds and were told the only option was to sell them on. I rang TM before asking if they could confirm an e-ticket I had bought was legit and they confirmed it was -and they seemed to have no issue with the fact I bought them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭dont bother

Serves you right if you were selling them for more than face value. scalper!

Plus Ticketmaster employ people to check adverts, done deal etc for tickets. If they can identity the ticket from seat/row or barcode, then they block them.
    prinzeugen wrote: »
    I work in a venue and know this. All I will say.
    This "venue" must be either a pub or taxi, since that is the type of utter shite I would expect to hear from a "bloke in the pub" or off a taximan. Laughable crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Looking at the Ticketmaster T&C, it does say that you can't sell for more than face value where this is prohibited by law; since there's no law in Ireland, this does imply that you can a) resell your tickets and b) do so at a higher price.

But it has to be the buyer's responsibility. Ticketmaster can't get involved in this sort of thing because as soon as they do, they'll be held responsible for anything that goes wrong.

Long story short; if you're buying tickets from some stranger off the internet, I think you have to shoulder some risk that you're going to be ripped off

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

rubadub wrote: »
    This "venue" must be either a pub or taxi, since that is the type of utter shite I would expect to hear from a "bloke in the pub" or off a taximan. Laughable crap.

I was thinking that myself

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Plus Ticketmaster employ people to check adverts, done deal etc for tickets. If they can identity the ticket from seat/row or barcode, then they block them.

Some artists will employ people to check resale sites and if they can identify tickets by seat number and row they will cancel them.
    Adele did this on her UK tour.
    https://www.musicbusinessworldwide.com/team-adele-wage-war-on-ticket-touts-and-so-far-its-working/
    The Consumer Rights Act 2015 was introduced earlier this year, carrying new laws restricting the resale of tickets to live events in the UK.

It warns secondary ticketing operators they must make information known to the buyer, which ‘as far as applicable’, should include ‘the number, letter or other distinguishing mark… of the seat’.

Where this instruction is being followed by resale sites, says Dickins, it offers Team Adele an opportunity.

“We zap the ticket,” he says.

The purchase is cancelled by the original seller – SongKick – and the identified seat can then be made available to genuine fans.

MBW understands that, so far, over 100 tickets have been cancelled by Team Adele this way.

Zero tolerance.

(The original buyer, whether professional tout or opportunistic punter, still gets a full refund after the cancellation. “I personally think that money should go to charity,” says Dickins – a hypothetical suggestion which would at least make touts sweat a bit if it could ever be enacted.)

There is, however, an obstacle which Dickins finds even more frustrating than the current legal vacuum – that resale sites, in his opinion, don’t seem to be abiding by existing UK law.

“You go on the vast majority of these ticket sites and they’ll tell you the block and the row of the seat, but not the number,” he says.

Conveniently for the resale sites, without this number, Team Adele can’t cancel a purchase at source.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Looking at the Ticketmaster T&C, it does say that you can't sell for more than face value where this is prohibited by law; since there's no law in Ireland, this does imply that you can a) resell your tickets and b) do so at a higher price.

But it has to be the buyer's responsibility. Ticketmaster can't get involved in this sort of thing because as soon as they do, they'll be held responsible for anything that goes wrong.

Long story short; if you're buying tickets from some stranger off the internet, I think you have to shoulder some risk that you're going to be ripped off

Ticketmaster operate seatwave which is a reseller site which charges above facevalue, documentary on ch4 about how they just allocate tickets for these resale sites to increase profits

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Doing a search I can see a few gigs where this is said. But I was checking the back of my tickets recently to see if this was the case and could not see it. It said tickets could not be sold for higher than the face value, not sure if it said "resold".

I have definitely seen spokesmen for ticketmaster advising people to try and sell tickets before, think they were being asked about refund policies. I also know of people (including myself) who rang looking to see if they could get refunds and were told the only option was to sell them on. I rang TM before asking if they could confirm an e-ticket I had bought was legit and they confirmed it was -and they seemed to have no issue with the fact I bought them.

Interesting, I have old tickets where it def said tickets were not transferable. This must have been updated at some point then. Good to know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Ticketmaster operate seatwave which is a reseller site which charges above facevalue, documentary on ch4 about how they just allocate tickets for these resale sites to increase profits

That's not really a secret.

But again, if we're discussing fraud/theft, Seatwave is infinitely preferable to donedeal, toutless or adverts.

• Advertisement

The venue is the Aviva Stadium actually. Its no wonder people get scammed if they have the same attitude as you.

The venue is the Aviva Stadium actually. Its no wonder people get scammed if they have the same attitude as you.

Can you please explain? people are getting scammed because they also think that a claim like this below is total BS?!?

Please, please explain... I would have thought skeptical people would inherently be less likely to be scammed.

You say "actually" like it's some sort of big reveal, like everybody will now suddenly believe your ludicrous claim or something! FFS!

I would like to hear from any others who actually believe your claims too, e.g. your "thanker" Donal55. Could do with a good giggle.

Can you please explain? people are getting scammed because they also think that a claim like this below is total BS?!?

Please, please explain...

You say "actually" like it's some sort of big reveal, like everybody will now suddenly believe your ludicrous claim or something! FFS!

Have you seen people selling tickets on adverts etc with the barcode, seat details covered? There is a reason for that.

And if you want to read my posting history its not rocket science to work out where I am employed!

How many events have you been to?

I have been at hundreds and have had tens of thousands of people go by me. I have seen every scam going and even a few new ones recently.

Just because you have never seen or heard of something does not mean it has not happened.

Have you seen people selling tickets on adverts etc with the barcode, seat details covered? There is a reason for that..
    Yes, they worry about them being duplicated and that person turning up first and being admitted and them being refused. THAT is the reason I have always heard, not your utter BS.

If anybody else thinks the rest of your nonsense post deserves a reply I will bother, speak up clowns...

Yes, they worry about them being duplicated and that person turning up first and being admitted and them being refused. THAT is the reason I have always heard, not your utter BS.

If anybody thinks the rest of your post deserves a reply I will bother, speak up clowns...

It is not possible to duplicate them.. I know.

https://www.donedeal.ie/musictickets-for-sale/ticket/16027032

How can you copy that. Many have tried and ended up talking to the cops.

You seem well versed on one scam??? Do you sell tickets?

And my posts are not BS. I could post up examples but won't as it would give people ideas on how to rip folks off.

ohhhh, you know... :rolleyes:

I am not sure if any ever have been duplicated, never claimed they were, I was saying it is the reason most people cover up the barcode and details, for fear it can possibly be duplicated -NOT because they fear ticketmaster are actively employing people to look on donedeal and cancelling all tickets they see on sale -which is what you infer. Maybe some other oddballs do believe your crap, but I think they would thankfully be in the minority.
    You can't, they have obscured the info. :confused: WTF is your point?
    And my posts are not BS
    You are full of it, everyone knows it, getting embarrassing at this stage.

Just because you have never seen or heard of something does not mean it has not happened.
    :D I'll just leave that there, sweet jesus...

:D I'll just leave that there, sweet jesus...

Think we have one pissed off ticket tout here..

Agreed. I just Dont believe it.

once again...
    Can you please explain?

Please, please explain....

• Advertisement

once again...

No.. Not giving you or others ideas.

Certain info is kept secret for very, very good reasons.

And they do check tickets. As I said, been there, seen it and have had to tell people that the tickets they paid €300 a pop for are worthless.

Don't try anymore phishing for info.

Agreed. I just Dont believe it.

Victor Meldrew?

No.. Not giving you or others ideas.

Don't try anymore phishing for info.
    You have given us all the info we need to confirm you are absolutely full of shite. I was not asking for any info on how to scam or anything that would be in anyway helpful to touts/scammers. Was just calling you out on your pathetic attention seeking "bloke in the pub" nonsense, and thankfully you can confirmed it as being just that. Good work on confirming it -some more gullible people might have been worried.

You have given us all the info we need to confirm you are absolutely full of shite. I was not asking for any info on how to scam or anything that would be in anyway helpful to touts/scammers. Was just calling you out on your pathetic attention seeking "bloke in the pub" nonsense, and thankfully you can confirmed it as being just that. Good work on confirming it -some more gullible people might have been worried.

Ha, ha!

Right.. When you resort to personal insults, you look the fool.

You are a ticket tout..

Its the only reason you have for posting here and for trying to discredit me. LOL!

When you resort to personal insults
    !
    You are a ticket tout.
    again, sweet jesus, I'll leave it there...

No reasonable or logical answer, just as expected. You do a very good job of discrediting your own ridiculous claims.

Victor Meldrew?

Personal insults will get you nowhere.
    If this was true, I would have heard of it before now.

No reasonable or logical answer, just as expected. You do a very good job of discrediting your own ridiculous claims.

You are the only person doing it..

You can say sweet Jesus and ****ing Mary and Joe, but you got proof otherwise?

Your posts have been answered.

Idiot

I had a stepmum from hell so any attempt of gaining info will fail.

Do you work or have dealings with Ticketmaster?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Dylar

e31.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

https://www.donedeal.ie/musictickets-for-sale/ticket/16027032

How can you copy that. Many have tried and ended up talking to the cops.

I've gone to plenty of gigs with tickets that I've had to print off myself as opposed to ones that were actually mailed out. There wouldn't be much to copying them

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement