Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ticket Fraud/Theft!!!

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

Rubadub is actually correct. I don't know him from Adam btw but a ticket can be duplicated if you have all the info, barcode etc. And that copied ticket will get you into a concert as long as you have it scanned before the real ticket !!!!
    Also , 99.9% of the time ticketmaster HAVE NOT employed people to check selling websites for touts........ that claim is mad ... for example, if I touted a ticket , couldn't get a buyer and decide to go myself in the end ... do you really believe that some lad would scan my ticket at the aviva and say , " sorry mate , ticket cancelled cause it was on done deal". HORSE**** , is what it is.
    No idea why you are spouting this crap. Makes you sound like a ten year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Actually from what I've learned in the past week via my fake Coldplay tickets, ticketmaster DO have people that check tickets for sale on sites. They have particular times in which they do this from when tickets go on sale but all I'm saying is they do in fact have people that do this and in particular target those selling above face value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Actually from what I've learned in the past week via my fake Coldplay tickets, ticketmaster DO have people that check tickets for sale on sites. They have particular times in which they do this from when tickets go on sale but all I'm saying is they do in fact have people that do this and in particular target those selling above face value.
    So what do they actually do if they find some? It wouldn't be relevant to adverts.ie anyway as touts are removed on sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Actually from what I've learned in the past week via my fake Coldplay tickets, ticketmaster DO have people that check tickets for sale on sites.
    Did TM tell you this themselves? I am shocked it is not more publicly known if they are in fact openly telling random people this.

I saw your other thread
    Yeah donedeal. Hard copy tickets that were claimed as lost and were issued new tickets and barcodes. Totally gutted
    So yours were cancelled and new ones were issued. This is not what the poster here is talking about, they are saying tickets are cancelled outright. I have never heard of an instance where someone went to a regular gig here (i.e. one with no weird restrictions) and was refused and told their ticket was cancelled specifically as it was spotted for sale online (i.e. not replaced).
    in particular target those selling above face value.
    "in particular" infers they still are cancelling tickets seen on sale for face value or below. I wonder if the member here Toast, who runs toutless, has ever heard of such an instance, or if they ever got cease & desist type requests from TM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

rubadub wrote: »
    Did TM tell you this themselves? I am shocked it is not more publicly known if they are in fact openly telling random people this.

I saw your other thread

So yours were cancelled and new ones were issued. This is not what the poster here is talking about, they are saying tickets are cancelled outright. I have never heard of an instance where someone went to a regular gig here (i.e. one with no weird restrictions) and was refused and told their ticket was cancelled specifically as it was spotted for sale online (i.e. not replaced).

"in particular" infers they still are cancelling tickets seen on sale for face value or below. I wonder if the member here Toast, who runs toutless, has ever heard of such an instance, or if they ever got cease & desist type requests from TM.
    No way is that accurate. Its all a load of bollix

• Advertisement

Hahaha. Ticketmaster tells customer "but but we are doing everything we can ". story so said customer doesn't go mad. Are you surprised tm say this. They tell you lies so you go away quietly.

I refer you to my previous statement regarding deciding to go to the gig myself cause no one would buy my €8000 ticket !!!
    Please, ticketmaster does nothing of the sort, they'll tell you otherwise. They do not care about the end user of said ticket, once it gets sold and they get their fees

Tm do cancel ticket reported stolen alright , and never ever buy 2nd hand printouts. Most scobies print and sell multiples. My blood is boiling being on this thread, need alcohol ðŸ˜

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

So ya this thread has run it's course. No need for the petty responses guys. It's not AH.

LG

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement