Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Haven't heard from teaching interview

Options
  • 06-07-2017 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

Hey guys I interviewed for a private school yesterday and have heard nothing. Is the successful candidate always contacted on the same day?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

Not always. Some maybe the same evening others a week or two. If you've done an interview for a private school - are there two parts to it - general interview followed by teaching demonstration?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭infor123

elsa21 wrote: »
    Hey guys I interviewed for a private school yesterday and have heard nothing. Is the successful candidate always contacted on the same day?

I always thought definitely to this. But a few weeks ago I did interview on a Monday morning and got the call Thursday evening. He told me he had theee days of interviews for different positions and was making all the calls the one day. Sometimes they have to wait for BOM ratification too. It just depends. I worked in a private school and got the call the day after the interview, it was August though so there was a bit of a push!

Don't give up hope yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 emily_123

A friend of mine got his call 4 days later, so keep on hoping!

Advertisement