Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Labor cost for engine oil and filter change in Galway

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Autochange wrote: »
    Will you be expecting them to look over the suspension, brakes etc for that price or just drop and fill the oil. Is it a service you are looking for? If its just oil you could give it a try yourself? save some Euros

I do an oil and filter change at half intervals.. I do the regular scheduled change at a local indy, the half interval I do myself with an oil extractor.

Overkill.. Maybe.. maybe not.

But in the grand scale of things, it's not massive money.
    Plus, I get to use the oil extractor that I bought.

If you want to save money.. regular maintaince and paying regularly will save you ultimately having a massive sticker shock of a major repair.

Motoring isn't cheap. You can do it cheap, but if you go too cheap.. it'll eventually cost you.

(.. awaits next nct thread.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

In my experience, in 99% of circumstances where the customer supplies the parts, it's about saving money.
    The indy mechanic that I used to goto (when I had a car in Ireland) once came out to me sour at the previous customer as the customer had brought in parts, as my mechanic said that the customer will get the cheapest part possible, and then blame the mechanic when their cheapo crap brakes.

Advertisement