Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned for posting content that is acceptable from everyone but me

Options
  • 06-07-2017 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭

I have reached out to the mod in question for clarification. He has responded to clarify but has not responded to my PM detailing why this ban should be lifted. It has been 1 day since I sent my reply.

Banned from Gaming Humour thread.

My post was light hearted humour with nothing offensive what so ever but because it irritates a small group of Playstation fans who love to spam the report button their favourite mod bans me.

m2Vqj4Y.gif

There seems to be a focused effort by one particular moderator (Johnny) to jump on anything I post that can be even slightly labeled anti-playstation because it upsets a few posters who are Playstation fans. Labeling my posts as "console wars" which is the gaming forum equivalent of the U.S Patriot act. Its a lazy term in moderation used to stifle anything that is deemed anti-Playstation.

Other posters can post similar content without any warnings or infractions has I am about to demonstrate. These are all taken from the Gaming Humour thread. There seems to be quite the double standard. In the gaming humour thread we apparently can laugh at all console platforms and audiences except Playstation for some strange reason as you can see.

I have to definitely call out a moderator bias relating to all things Playstation in the gaming forum.

boaulFR.jpg

UoqcKrA.jpg?1

fxKWbZD.jpg

iIIIu23.jpg?1

VTAOUEk.jpg

J5s5hWV.jpg

WGGrnjY.jpg

yn3qzPi.jpg

Humour in the Gaming Humour thread revolves around games, gaming platforms, game creators and gaming history. A pattern emerges if you look through the thread. A lot of the posts are directly related to things going on in the gaming industry. Take Mass Effect: Andromeda. Released back in March. You'll find lots of funny posts showcasing the horrible facial animations.

This is no different to my post regarding Anthem Xbox One X gameplay footage. Its a current gaming news story that will be forgotten about in a week. A post making light of the situation and peoples reaction to it should not be struck out and I should definitely not be banned. In a few posts its long forgotten about anyway.

Why cant we just continue to have a good laugh about ourselves, our games and our gaming platforms.

To be getting bent out of shape in a Humour thread is quite ridiculous and petty.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Firstly, you PM'd the Moderator for clarification, which you report he did.
    That he didn't further discuss the matter, in a manner you wanted, isn't an issue.
    My understanding is that there was plenty of explanation and a predictability to the outcome of your posting what you did.

From what I gather you were asked, via PM, by a mod to desist from fuelling passions on the thread in question.
    With this mod instruction you duly ignored it and posted the image above, with the only objective to inflame users on the thread.

That is, you do not have any permission to post items that will irritate any number of PS fans at all. And this is a breach of the rules.

You were in dialogue prior to the censure beforehand and as I've said, you appear to have chosen to ignore the request therein.

Hence why the ban stands.

And be aware of the future consequences if a pattern of such disruptive behaviour continues to make itself apparent, consequences which will most certainly be more severe.

We have a duty, via the rules agreed to when signing up for the use of this site, to be civil with each other.
    In this case you failed to uphold this rule.
    You also failed to heed Mod instruction.

The case of other people behaving in a similar way and not being censured, they are firstly irrelevant to your case and secondly you are not fully aware of the facts in those cases, or even of the points considered by the moderator making the call on your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Firstly, you PM'd the Moderator for clarification, which you report he did.
    That he didn't further discuss the matter, in a manner you wanted, isn't an issue.
    My understanding is that there was plenty of explanation and a predictability to the outcome of your posting what you did.

From what I gather you were asked, via PM, by a mod to desist from fuelling passions on the thread in question.
    With this mod instruction you duly ignored it and posted the image above, with the only objective to inflame users on the thread.

That is, you do not have any permission to post items that will irritate any number of PS fans at all. And this is a breach of the rules.

You were in dialogue prior to the censure beforehand and as I've said, you appear to have chosen to ignore the request therein.

Hence why the ban stands.

And be aware of the future consequences if a pattern of such disruptive behaviour continues to make itself apparent, consequences which will most certainly be more severe.

We have a duty, via the rules agreed to when signing up for the use of this site, to be civil with each other.
    In this case you failed to uphold this rule.
    You also failed to heed Mod instruction.

The case of other people behaving in a similar way and not being censured, they are firstly irrelevant to your case and secondly you are not fully aware of the facts in those cases, or even of the points considered by the moderator making the call on your post.

The part in bold never happened. I got a PM from another mod after I was banned and not before.

You cant post anything these days without irritating a few snowflakes. This a gaming humour thread after all and what I posted was gaming humour related.

I highlighted that people have posted much worse content without as much as a warning and my post was incredibly light hearted.

Banned by Johnny on 4th of July at 9:23pm

Received PM warning from Retro at 9:24pm also on the 4th - This is the PM you are referring to. After I was banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Screenshot showing I received a warning after I got banned. Not before.

screenshot.JPG

LiRWjmi.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The part in bold never happened. I got a PM from another mod after I was banned and not before.

You cant post anything these days without irritating a few snowflakes. This a gaming humour thread after all and what I posted was gaming humour related.

I highlighted that people have posted much worse content without as much as a warning and my post was incredibly light hearted.

Banned by Johnny on 4th of July at 9:23pm

Received PM warning from Retro at 9:24pm also on the 4th - This is the PM you are referring to. After I was banned.

Apologies,
    You had on-thread warnings and an infraction as a result of your constant, partisan stoking of some imagined console war.
    The mod in question was sending you a PM when you were almost simultaneously banned for the behaviour.
    Once again, the ban stands.
    If you wish to appeal this further please follow the pathway as described above, requesting an Admin to investigate further.

Otherwise, accept the ban, understand the reasons for the disciplinary measure and adjust your future Boards behaviour to within the rules, the rules you agreed to uphold when you signed on.

Should you return to from the ban and maintain the behaviour then the next measure will be more severe.

The impossible is not being asked.
    The relevant moderators are not being unfair or biased in their approach.
    They have a role to make the experience on Boards a pleasant experience for everyone, including you.
    So, please understand the necessary rules, the conduct expected on this site, and adhere to same.

Referring to fellow users as Snowflakes is indicative of the problem here, as it would their reaction that is the problem rather than your posts, which illicit the reaction.
    This is false.
    You are bound to be civil on thread and in posts.
    And by posting things that you know are bound to upset other users, at times appearing to do it with the express purpose of upsetting other users, you are operating against the rules.

So, respect your fellow users, as is part of the site rules.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Post deleted

A reminder - unless invited by the CMod dealing with an appeal, users other than the OP are not allowed to post in DRP threads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

No response in 1 month.

Marked as Resolved.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement