Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ACCA Study Material

• 06-07-2017 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering wheres the best place to buy the ACCA study books?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Board.surf

I'd also like to know this. Are you doing the F exams? If so, can you just pay for the exam and study from home with a book? I'm only exempt from F4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'll jump in here as well as I've recently completed my ACCA application and got 7 of 9 exemptions at F level.

I'm looking to sit F7 (Financial Reporting) in December so was thinking of doing the online lectures with Accountancy School. Has anyone any experience with these?

The other option I was considering is getting the Kaplan material and self study.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭robo

I am about to do F7 in the Accountancy School for September exams (lectures 2-3 a week cos of short lead into exams), I can let you know afterwards how it was. But I've done all of my F exams so far (F1, F2, F3, F4, F5 & F8) in Accountancy School & found them to be good.

Regarding online resources, there are free lectures and material on Opentuition but they do also advise you to buy the text books also. I've used them for some of the courses and they are good. They also have online forums that they will answer any questions on.

Another site that was mentioned in another thread is Acowtancy - they have free options as well as paid resources. I haven't used them yet but will look at them for F7

Regarding books - I've used Kaplan & Becker, I think that Becker is a bit better.

robo wrote: »
    I am about to do F7 in the Accountancy School for September exams (lectures 2-3 a week cos of short lead into exams), I can let you know afterwards how it was. But I've done all of my F exams so far (F1, F2, F3, F4, F5 & F8) in Accountancy School & found them to be good.

Regarding online resources, there are free lectures and material on Opentuition but they do also advise you to buy the text books also. I've used them for some of the courses and they are good. They also have online forums that they will answer any questions on.

Another site that was mentioned in another thread is Acowtancy - they have free options as well as paid resources. I haven't used them yet but will look at them for F7

Regarding books - I've used Kaplan & Becker, I think that Becker is a bit better.

I went to a FR revision with Dave before I switched from ACA and he seemed a great lecturer.

With Accountancy School do you get their own notes? Would you advise getting the Kaplan/Beker manuals along side those?

I did F8 with Dave last September & he is good...even with his jokes thrown in thru the lectures. With the Accountancy School, you get a set of books also, they're now using Becker ones. Plus depending if not the lecturer, you get notes too. During the online lectures you can type questions on the chat part.

• Advertisement

I did F8 with Dave last September & he is good...even with his jokes thrown in thru the lectures. With the Accountancy School, you get a set of books also, they're now using Becker ones. Plus depending if not the lecturer, you get notes too. During the online lectures you can type questions on the chat part.

Thanks Robo. Sounds good, hopefully work will cough up and cover all of this :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Board.surf

Can anyone comment on if I'm ok to do this, knowing that I'm only exempt from F4, and would study from home. Should I start working immediately and try to get a trainee contract or should I just study for the first few f's while unemployed? I'm a 24 hr study kind of person when I want to be. I'm also exempt from at least 2 years of experience due to past experience in accounting.

Opinions please?

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭je551e

Board.surf wrote: »
    Can anyone comment on if I'm ok to do this, knowing that I'm only exempt from F4, and would study from home. Should I start working immediately and try to get a trainee contract or should I just study for the first few f's while unemployed? I'm a 24 hr study kind of person when I want to be. I'm also exempt from at least 2 years of experience due to past experience in accounting.

Opinions please?

Thanks all for you replies.

@boardsurf I did two of them through home study before it was tough going but I got through them. If you are very disciplined it's doable. I'm going chancing two more in December

je551e wrote: »
    Hi,

Just wondering wheres the best place to buy the ACCA study books?

Thanks

Je551e - what subjects are you looking for? The results for the June exams are out next Monday so there may be people selling books online (adverts.ie, etc) after that. Are you looking for new books? Or books in particular are the best?

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭je551e

Je551e - what subjects are you looking for? The results for the June exams are out next Monday so there may be people selling books online (adverts.ie, etc) after that. Are you looking for new books? Or books in particular are the best?

I'm looking for F5 &F7 text book not new and any revision kits extra for exams December 2017 , thanks a mil

• Advertisement
Advertisement