Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FTTH: Loss of Service since Thursday 29th June

Options
  • 06-07-2017 4:11pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭

As the title says, I have FTTH installed in my home, last Thursday the service went down around 11.15pm and has not returned since. I first reported the fault to Eir Support the next morning, on Friday 30th June.

I was issued a case reference number and was told that it can take 2 to 3 working days for a fault to be resolved. I rang again yesterday morning, Wednesday 5th of July and as I rang the voice message on phone said my issue was resolved which it hasnt. I pressed 2 and got speaking to another Eir faults rep and outlined that the issue has not been resolved. I told him that I really need my fibre broadband back by this Friday evening, not to have another weekend with no internet. I was issued a new case reference number and he said that he would relog and escalate the issue. 

It's now Thursday evening, one week on from when my fibre first went down and still no resolve., no one has called to the house or rang. I've lost a week of online study and work and can't watch/stream my online services. I'm beginning to get very frustrated as everything I do is online.  Is there any chance this can be resolved by this Friday evening? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi Gonzo,

I am very sorry to hear this.

Can you please PM me your full name and account number and I will follow this up for you?

Thanks,
    Anna

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Thanks Anna, pm sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

No problem at all :)

I will reply to your PM shortly.

Thanks,
    Anna

Advertisement