Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCTV installer, South Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi,

A friend of mine purchased this budget system (https://www.amazon.co.uk/ANNKE-Security-Outdoor-Recorder-Weatherproof-x/dp/B01NB8MLRA/ref=sr_1_190?ie=UTF8&qid=1499355029&sr=8-190&keywords=annke+cctv) and he is very happy with it. He left installed but that's not my cup of tea so looking for an installer to do it for me. We have a semi-detached house and looking to get 1 camera near the front door, one higher up looking down on the drive, one to the side and another at the back of the house, all wired into the kitchen where we will have a monitor mounted so the dvr will sit there beside it and connected to the internet.

Thanks

Most installers wont entertain installs like this.
    Best bet is to get a sparks to run the cables and install the system yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 dizzledizzle

altor wrote: »
    Most installers wont entertain installs like this.
    Best bet is to get a sparks to run the cables and install the system yourself.

Yeah, I guessed they might not, <Mod Snip> I'd be comfortable setting up the actual, I'll look for a sparks so, thanks.

Mod Sorry OP we can't request that type of arrangement here

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If you are paying them for this work they need to be licensed by the PSA.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Mod Snip,

Sparks, REC, PSA, Intruder alarms makes no difference, we can't request cash work here anyway, on top of that you have REC and PSA regulations.

Advertisement