Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Draft Lodgement

Options
  • 06-07-2017 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I made a Bank Draft Lodgement recently and the lodgement amount was incorrect and have been told that this was due to "cheque input incorrectly", i wonder could you explain what this term means, because if i inputted the draft incorrectly, i obviously would not like to input another lodgement incorrectly if this is what the term means?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I made a Bank Draft Lodgement recently and the lodgement amount was incorrect and have been told that this was due to "cheque input incorrectly", i wonder could you explain what this term means, because if i inputted the draft incorrectly, i obviously would not like to input another lodgement incorrectly if this is what the term means?
    Did you Confirm an amount that was incorrect on the Lodgement ATM e.g. the cheque reader thought it was 800, but it was really 300, and you confirmed that the amount was 800???

• Registered Users Posts: 10 dontknowyet1

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Did you Confirm an amount that was incorrect on the Lodgement ATM e.g. the cheque reader thought it was 800, but it was really 300, and you confirmed that the amount was 800???
    Yes, i remember just pressing the confirm button out of habit and then realising that the figure did not correspond with the draft amount. The receipt that was issued was incorrect. The correct amount was put into my account, but i am wondering  was it a computer error that read the draft amount incorrectly more so than cheque input incorrectly that caused the error.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Yes, i remember just pressing the confirm button out of habit and then realising that the figure did not correspond with the draft amount. The receipt that was issued was incorrect. The correct amount was put into my account, but i am wondering  was it a computer error that read the draft amount incorrectly more so than cheque input incorrectly that caused the error.
    Yes. The ocular reader read the amount wrong, so it was a computer error.  

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Hi dontknowyet1,

Thank you for your message.

This was message was due to the wrong amount being confirmed on the machine at the time of lodgement. We would always ask that you double check the amount given on the LATM before you confirm the transaction amount to avoid this.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

No matter how eagle-eyed you are, this can happen . But if the draft was a printout you would expect it to read correctly .

• Advertisement
Advertisement