Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robert Millar

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

neris wrote: »
    See on cycling news Robert millar has had full sex change and will be working with itv on the tour as Phillips York

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/a-statement-from-cyclingnews-contributor-philippa-york/

I had seen that a good few years ago but it was shrouded in mystery and whispers. Wish him, now her, good luck with the return to public life and a higher profile in cycling/tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

I was not aware of the gender change. I wish Phillapa well in her new public life and look forward to her insight on ITV.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

I'm always happy to see stories like this. It means there's hope for me yet. Not as an elite cyclist (that breakaway is long gone), but that it is possible to do well in life anyway.

Chapeau to her!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

Good to see her back in public and looking forward to hearing her contributions. Great name by the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Thud

Itziger wrote: »
    I had seen that a good few years ago but it was shrouded in mystery and whispers. Wish him, now her, good luck with the return to public life and a higher profile in cycling/tv.

Just finish Richard Moore's book on him a few weeks ago, he did kind of deny it back then, but probably for obvious reasons in a less accepting environment and was back on the bike after that rumor, reviewing bikes for a magazine and coaching the Scottish junior team I think.

This explains a lot of why he was so aloof with the author, left his family and went off the radar a few years back.

Best of luck to her, will be tuning in to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Eddy Schepers and Robert Millar/Philippa York stuck by Stephen Roche in the 1987 Giro D'Italia and I remember both of them for that.

Good luck Philippa.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Robert Millar was up there with Roche and Kelly when it came to cycling heroes for me when I got into cycling. Used to have a picture on the wall of him climbing Holme Moss in the Kellogg's KOM Jersey (Red K Polka Dots!).

Delighted she's now free to be who she wants to be, and really hope it works out on ITV4, as have enjoyed the cycling news stuff in recent years.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭Macy0161

They said on last nights rest day show that Philippa's first ITV contributions will be on Thursday's stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭C-Shore

Great to see it out in the open now, rather than the rumours and talk of it for years.

Advertisement