Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DJI Phantom 3 SE Wifi FPV RC Quadcopter EUR460 incl shipping @Tomtop

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭KellyXX

foobar wrote: »
    irk :). Still I do expect it to be alot better than 500m even if we don't get the quoted 2KM.

Wouldn't it be nice if it was the same as they get in the states though .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Casey Neistat reviews the Mavic Air

I'd really love one but still feel burned from the range issues with the spark. The spark reviews said it was great range etc too, but they happened to be all us reviews. And I'm big into photography . Such a pity dji don't cop on and get rid of the transmission protocol that the mavic and spark use.

I'd really love one but still feel burned from the range issues with the spark. The spark reviews said it was great range etc too, but they happened to be all us reviews. And I'm big into photography . Such a pity dji don't cop on and get rid of the transmission protocol that the mavic and spark use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Is there any big European gadget youtuber who's likely to review it soon? Does a European based iPhonedo exist?

Is there any big European gadget youtuber who's likely to review it soon? Does a European based iPhonedo exist?

Make sure it's not a paid review.
    I'm really tempted though . I've got €400 burning a hole in my pocket from selling the spark flymore combo pack . How much is it in Europe with the flymore. Assuming it does turn out that it does 2km range.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,885 ✭✭✭ozmo

KellyXX wrote: »
    ... Such a pity dji don't cop on and get rid of the transmission protocol that the mavic and spark use.

If you mean Mavic Pro.. I don't believe the Mavic Pro has range issues... Even in EU (CE) mode...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJSO7QauD7A

“Roll it back”

ozmo wrote: »
    If you mean Mavic Pro.. I don't believe the Mavic Pro has range issues... Even in EU (CE) mode...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJSO7QauD7A

I mean mavic air and spark.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭thunderbolt

I wonder if someone gets the Air, could they report back on the transmission distance? I know the specs say 500m, but would be worth seeing if it can go further.

I wonder if someone gets the Air, could they report back on the transmission distance? I know the specs say 500m, but would be worth seeing if it can go further.

Says 2km in 2.4ghz mode- so if it even can do half that would be nice- haven’t seen any real world European reviews yet though....

Operating Frequency 2.400 - 2.4835 GHz
    5.725 - 5.850 GHz
    Max Transmission Distance (unobstructed, free of interference) 2.400 - 2.4835 GHz:
    FCC: 4000 m
    CE: 2000 m
    SRRC: 2000 m
    MIC: 2000 m

5.725 - 5.850 GHz:
    CE: 500 m
    SRRC: 2500 m

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement

Says 2km in 2.4ghz mode- so if it even can do half that would be nice- haven’t seen any real world European reviews yet though....

Operating Frequency 2.400 - 2.4835 GHz
    5.725 - 5.850 GHz
    Max Transmission Distance (unobstructed, free of interference) 2.400 - 2.4835 GHz:
    CE: 2000 m
    SRRC: 2000 m
    MIC: 2000 m

5.725 - 5.850 GHz:
    CE: 500 m
    SRRC: 2500 m

You're right ozmo, received the following from DJI support:

Regarding the maximum transmission distance for Europe, that is 2000 m.
    However, that varies as to what frequency are you using. If it is 2.400 - 2.4835 GHz, you can get up to 2000m, but when using 5.725 - 5.850 GHz you can get up to 500m only.​

What are the disadvantages of using 2.400 - 2.4835 GHz? Weaker signal?

What are the disadvantages of using 2.400 - 2.4835 GHz? Weaker signal?

5Ghz is less prone to interference from other sources than 2.4Ghz- but its range is more limited - its also easily blocked by trees etc - so might be good for flying short range in an area with a lot of interference.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

I contacted DJI and they said I'd be entitled to a full refund (within 14 days) if the reported 2KM range wasn't possible. Thinking I've got nothing to lose by trying?

I contacted DJI and they said I'd be entitled to a full refund (within 14 days) if the reported 2KM range wasn't possible. Thinking I've got nothing to lose by trying?

They wouldn't take the spark back when the range was under that quoted. They used the old "up to" line that broadband providers are so happy to use.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Plenty of range test vids up now for the air that get them to 2+ km in the EU.

Anyone get the Mavic Air and willing to share their thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Hi all

Finally bit the bullet and bought a mavic. Can people share their delivery experiences, I have the following since 20/02 and the tracking number isn't found on the likes of 17 Track or with DHL.

Spoke to someone on TomTop live chat and it was a waste of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

Fanny **** wrote: »
    Hi all

Finally bit the bullet and bought a mavic. Can people share their delivery experiences, I have the following since 20/02 and the tracking number isn't found on the likes of 17 Track or with DHL.

Have you tried https://track24.net/ ?

I found that was the most reliable source of information when I ordered my Xiaomi drone from Gearworst. Was 2 months for delivery in my case with the Christmas meltdown.

Ps. Epic username.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Anyone get the Mavic Air and willing to share their thoughts?

Would love to hear this also, im selling my P3A at the minute to fund a Mavic Air, but now a bit worried after the distance queries.

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Would love to hear this also, im selling my P3A at the minute to fund a Mavic Air, but now a bit worried after the distance queries.

Interested too in hearing from someone with one - but all the reviews say range is still very impressive even in the EU.

Real world battery life is more an question for me... I think Ill wait a couple weeks see what the Mavic 2 is like..

“Roll it back”

Interested too in hearing from someone with one - but all the reviews say range is still very impressive even in the EU.

Real world battery life is more an question for me... I think Ill wait a couple weeks see what the Mavic 2 is like..

Struggling moving this P3A, absolutely love it but the size of it is too big for travelling with, main reason for getting the air. Whens the Mavic 2 being announced?

Whens the Mavic 2 being announced?

Thought it was to be march 22 - but it looks like its slipped to June

Also - below suggests it will be larger and more expensive than the Current mavic - so air is looking more favourable to me for my upgrade needs right now.
    The latest rumor on the DJI Mavic Pro II (or Mavic Pro 2) is that it may be delayed until late spring, i.e. June.... was in three weeks from now (March 22nd).

UPDATED RUMORED SPECS OF THE MAVIC PRO II
    It will be substantially larger than the current Mavic Pro
    Upgraded propulsion with larger motors (slightly smaller than current Phantom 4)
    33-minute flight time. Maybe longer (current Mavic Pro has 27-minute and Platinum 30-minute flight time).
    It will have ‘quiet’ propellers
    1″ CMOS sensor (current Mavic Pro has 1/2.3” CMOS sensor) with 28mm lens.
    No mechanical shutter (like phantom pro has)
    Variable iris/aperture F2.8-F11
    Newly designed 3-axis gimbal.
    Infrared 3D sensing to avoid obstacles even in the dark
    It will have an improved vision processing system, faster than Mavic Air
    Binocular rear vision obstacle avoidance sensors.
    The same design of remote control as old Mavic Pro but drastically improved
    Will use OcuSync.
    Video transmission frequency is unknown.
    Improved agility and precision.
    Expected to outperform current Phantom 4 Pro.
    Expected price point: $1299 USD or more. The FlyMore combo will be more expensive.

https://dronedj.com/2018/03/02/the-dji-mavic-pro-ii-may-be-delayed-until-late-spring/

“Roll it back”

Hi all

When did you order it?

When did you order it?

15/02

Dispatched on 20/02

Tracking as per the pic posted

• Advertisement

15/02
    Dispatched on 20/02

If i'm calcing that right - its only been 10 or 11 days in transit...
    Says will take 12 days... I would imagine another few days on top of that before Id get worried.

I frequently just buy from Amazon uk now because I hate this weeks waiting if it will arrive or not - prices are sometimes close

dreading Brexit :( when there will be import tax, vat and customs charges...

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

I frequently just buy from Amazon uk
    dreading Brexit :( when there will be import tax, vat and customs charges...

If that happens, you just buy from any of the EU Amazon's or better still use

http://www.curiua.com

search for what you want and buy from the cheapest Amazon. Sometimes there is a massive price difference from effectively different parts of the same shop.

search for what you want and buy from the cheapest Amazon. Sometimes there is a massive price difference from effectively different parts of the same shop.

Never used that site before, but they have a link to mavic fly more combo for 800 odd euro, that is about 500 less than what's on Amazon for the same bundle.

http://www.curiua.com/go/d_B2Ly83L3JvdmVyLzEvNzEwLTUzNDgxLTE5MjU1LTAvMT9mZjM9MiZ0b29saWQ9MTAwNDEmY2FtcGlkPTUzMzc3NjE3NTUmY3VzdG9taWQ9JmxnZW89MSZ2ZWN0b3JpZD0yMjk1MDgmaXRlbT0yNzMwODM3ODk3ODA

It's also a similar price to what many of us got from tomtop back around the opening post.

Never used that site before, but they have a link to mavic fly more combo for 800 odd euro, that is about 500 less than what's on Amazon for the same bundle.

For me that just opening an ebay link to a used Mavic Pro (not flymore) for 840 euros.

I tried to some searches on that site myself - and most didnt work ("cannot display price") but the mavic pro flymore its showing now a lowest price of Euros 1238.74 (+ postage)

“Roll it back”

For me that just opening an ebay link to a used Mavic Pro (not flymore) for 840 euros.

I tried to some searches on that site myself - and most didnt work ("cannot display price") but the mavic pro flymore its showing now a lowest price of Euros 1238.74 (+ postage)

Try this one. https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/DJI-MAVIC-PRO-4K-Camera-Fly-More-Combo-CASE-CAR-CHARGER-2-EXTRA-BATTERIES/332425901016?_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIM.MBE&ao=1&asc=20150313114020&meid=43b224f2d0da49e985c37fec2c640d2b&pid=100338&rk=7&rkt=30&sd=273083789780&itm=332425901016&_trksid=p2141725.c100338.m3726&_mwBanner=1

Pretty solid feedback.

€890?

• Advertisement

Try this one. Pretty solid feedback.
    €890?

Yeah - but its still not amazon (or somewhere else with a good return policy and insured, fast secure shipping like amazon)

- plus there will be vat etc to pay on that price as it's in the states
    (Item location: Meriden, Connecticut, United States).

“Roll it back”

Yeah - but its still not amazon (or somewhere else with a good return policy and insured, fast secure shipping like amazon)

- plus there will be vat etc to pay on that price as it's in the states
    (Item location: Meriden, Connecticut, United States).

Yeah, the site in question was given as an alternative to amazon.

As regards vat, surely it's possible to escape vat from the states if you know some one over there?

I mean surely if your family member posts you a birthday gift it's not liable for vat?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Jlayay

Peter (famous drone flyer in Holland) got 3.5 km with his mavic air and stock antennas. Keep in mind he is flying it in a relatively free area.

Max I've gotten is 2 km on my Phantom 3 SE

Got the for DJI Mavic Air Fly More Combo for €734 from Maplin today as they're having their liquidation sale!

Got the for DJI Mavic Air Fly More Combo for €734 from Maplin today as they're having their liquidation sale!

Blanch or town?

“Roll it back”

Blanch. Mary St. didn't have any. I'd keep an eye online and ring up. I think I got the last one but they might have the standard (non-Fly More) ones in stock.

Blanch. Mary St. didn't have any. I'd keep an eye online and ring up. I think I got the last one but they might have the standard (non-Fly More) ones in stock.

I take it it was the last one?

I take it it was the last one?

Yep, afraid so.

Yep, afraid so.

Delighted someone got it to actually use it, and not resell it!!

Enjoy it mate, even if I am severely jealous! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ozozo

I'm very tempted to buy the mavic air fly more combo. Where is the best place to buy it atm with a good after sale customer support? (living in Ireland)

DJI's website
    amazon uk
    camera shops like conns or camera.ie?

• Advertisement

ozozo wrote: »
    I'm very tempted to buy the mavic air fly more combo. Where is the best place to buy it atm with a good after sale customer support? (living in Ireland)

DJI's website
    amazon uk
    camera shops like conns or camera.ie?

I was going to go with the DJI website when I ever sell this P3A :rolleyes:
    I was thinking that even if I have an issue with the Air if I bought it in camera.ie then theyd redirect me to DJI regardless?

Got a good deal on a Mavic Air - so went with it.

Summary: And the range issues are not unfounded in CE land unfortunately...

Out of the box - first flights had me worried with a very unimpressive 200m etc. before I got signal warning and disconnections - reminding me of why I sold my Phantom 3S.
    The signal quality was showing 100% Red bad signal on all 2.4Ghz bands - which just couldn't be true.

Updated all the firmwares - reset everything - tweeks to forced it to use 2.4G - and the signal is improved now - I can get a bit further now - but not nearly as good as the Mavic Pro or Phantom 4 for the same locations (flying out into open fields but some wifi noise maybe from housing behind to my back).

The new features on the Mavic Air are amazing though - I like how when it loses signal it retraces its steps rather than fly home straight. The Video quality is I think better than the Mavic Pro (although video is a letterboxed size in all formats rather than full screen). Air time is ok, enough - but I need to get a second battery.

overall - Amazing for its size - but having used other DJI drones - I'm not sure right now if I'd like it as my only drone...

“Roll it back”

Hi all

Now have an update, supposedly in Hamburg, only took 3 weeks.......

Anyone any experience of how long it takes from there?

Now have an update, supposedly in Hamburg, only took 3 weeks.......

Anyone any experience of how long it takes from there?

Getting excited......

Would be great to get it just in time for a long weekend but no idea if that's in any way gonna happen

Getting excited......

Would be great to get it just in time for a long weekend but no idea if that's in any way gonna happen

It was a Mavic Pro you have on the way wasn't it? Thats a really nice drone...

Flys perfect out of the box - Some mavic specific things maybe to look out for is to make sure the camera focus to auto center focus or with the latest updates you can set it to infinity - and set the Sharpness to +1 to get the best quality videos that will always be in focus. And learn how to land on your hand so you don't have to put your nice shiney mavic on the ground :)

“Roll it back”

It was a Mavic Pro you have on the way wasn't it? Thats a really nice drone

Yes - like a child on Xmas night right now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭bromley52

I'm thinking of getting one as well. Where did you get yours from?

bromley52 wrote: »
    I'm thinking of getting one as well. Where did you get yours from?

Tomtop. Got a good chunk back with TopCashBack (around 11%)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,757 ✭✭✭smokingman

You won't be disappointed. Have mine a few months now and I've never paid more attention to weather forecasts since, just gagging to send it up at any opportunity.
    I bring it everywhere and have taken a rial shots of nearly all my friends houses to turn into framed pictures for them.

• Advertisement

Getting excited......

No movement since the 13th which is disappointing. Hoped I'd have it for the long weekend

Advertisement