Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DJI Phantom 3 SE Wifi FPV RC Quadcopter EUR460 incl shipping @Tomtop

1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Jlayay

Really regretting getting the Phantom 3 SE now when the Mavic Air is only 200-300 Euro extra and a much better 4K 60 FPS camera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,885 ✭✭✭ozmo

Check this out - Russian Special Forces deploying a Mavic Pro
    Mavic appears at the 2 minute mark...

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Fanny **** wrote: »
    No movement since the 13th which is disappointing. Hoped I'd have it for the long weekend

In a parcel centre in Dublin. Annoying, had it arrived a day earlier I'd surely have gotten it yesterday

Ah well, there'll be another long weekend soon

Anyone out flying this week- too windy and rainy where I am(Dublin) - been a while since there has been any decent weather.

445810.jpeg

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 27 john15

Where's the cheapest place to pick up a phantom 3 at the minute folks?

• Advertisement

john15 wrote: »
    Where's the cheapest place to pick up a phantom 3 at the minute folks?

There are a lot of 3's - I'd avoid the 3S - others like 3 Pro and 3SE are better.

Also consider a Spark for about the same price (about 500 with controllerlink)
    you definitely need the controller.

or stretch to a Mavic Air or Mavic Pro.

“Roll it back”

ozmo wrote: »
    There are a lot of 3's - I'd avoid the 3S - others like 3 Pro and 3SE are better.

Also consider a Spark for about the same price (about 500 with controllerlink)
    you definitely need the controller.

or stretch to a Mavic Air or Mavic Pro.

Is there much of a difference between the spark and phantom model. Thanks for the link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

john15 wrote:
    Is there much of a difference between the spark and phantom model. Thanks for the link

Huge difference. The spark is tiny and extremely portable. Watch some videos on YouTube, there are loads of pros and cons videos :)

tedpan wrote: »
    Huge difference. The spark is tiny and extremely portable. Watch some videos on YouTube, there are loads of pros and cons videos :)

Just looking online at the spark it does seem a good option, Amazon.com will deliver the red fly more combo kit for 600 would US drones work OK here do you know?

john15 wrote:
    Just looking online at the spark it does seem a good option, Amazon.com will deliver the red fly more combo kit for 600 would US drones work OK here do you know?

It won't matter where you buy, they're all the same. Harvey Norman have the fly more combo for 649e. I'm guessing buying locally would be best for the 50 quid difference. I think Maplin is closing down, they may have some offers too :)

• Advertisement

A lot of boardsies are buying the Xiaomi Mi Drone. It's a 4k drone, slightly larger than the phantom series. Less than 400 including remote. I have a thread in bargain alerts, it could be an option.

Yeah I came across that thread earlier looks a nice bit of kit too, I'll sleep on it for the night 😀

john15 wrote:
    Yeah I came across that thread earlier looks a nice bit of kit too, I'll sleep on it for the night 😀

:)

tedpan wrote: »
    It won't matter where you buy, they're all the same. Harvey Norman have the fly more combo for 649e. I'm guessing buying locally would be best for the 50 quid difference. I think Maplin is closing down, they may have some offers too :)

560 for the spark combo in Maplin..

See attachment

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,938 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

resubscribing here.

has anyone had any issues with the Phantom 3SE?

I upgraded firmware 2 weeks ago and it bricked my remote control. there's no SSID broadcasting from it, and it won't link to the drone. have contacted DJI about it, and they're telling me that because it was bought from Tomtop China that i need a chinese address to return it from, and for them to return it to.

anyone any suggestions??? this is the my second drone that's been fckd up by a firmware upgrade. i managed to sort the last one out myself but that time i could connect to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

john15 wrote: »

Did Maplin's not move out of Ireland a couple of months ago??

BobbyT28 wrote: »
    Did Maplin's not move out of Ireland a couple of months ago??

Not at the time that was posted - its closed down completely worldwide now - they blamed brexit and their management - hearing the names owners might open an online shop.

“Roll it back”

..P3SE bricked my remote control... DJI telling me .. i need a chinese address to return it from.
    any suggestions???

If you need downgrade the firmware - I've not seen the SE mentioned (just the more regular models) - but you could look into DJI Assistant (dji.com) - and then into something like the open source tool Dumbledoor (https://github.com/jezzab/DUMLdore) if that fails - but again I don't see that SE mentioned, so you would need do some research if that's possible to use with your drone before you try.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

resubscribing here.

has anyone had any issues with the Phantom 3SE?

I upgraded firmware 2 weeks ago and it bricked my remote control. there's no SSID broadcasting from it, and it won't link to the drone. have contacted DJI about it, and they're telling me that because it was bought from Tomtop China that i need a chinese address to return it from, and for them to return it to.

anyone any suggestions??? this is the my second drone that's been fckd up by a firmware upgrade. i managed to sort the last one out myself but that time i could connect to it.

Hey there.

If you take a look at the models forum, in the mavic.pro thread you will see that I too had a problem with a firmware upgrade resulting in a bricked remote.

I would get back on to dji though (I contacted them via chat on their own website) as I too bought mine via tomtop.

Where I bought from was never an issue, they asked me what the problem was, suggested I did a manual firmware update from the site, which I tried - twice, then when I came back to them the said it definitely sounded like a faulty rc, told me they would send ups in to collect it (this was a Monday afternoon )

Tues morning it was collected.
    By that Friday it landed in the NL at the repair centre.

Monday it had been received and diagnosed as a faulty RC - they emailed me and said a new one would be sent to me, which I had delivery of by that Fri.

I found it a fairly quick, painless and professional service tbh.

Definitely get back on to them.

• Advertisement

Hey there.

If you take a look at the models forum, in the mavic.pro thread you will see that I too had a problem with a firmware upgrade resulting in a bricked remote.

I would get back on to dji though (I contacted them via chat on their own website) as I too bought mine via tomtop.

Where I bought from was never an issue, they asked me what the problem was, suggested I did a manual firmware update from the site, which I tried - twice, then when I came back to them the said it definitely sounded like a faulty rc, told me they would send ups in to collect it (this was a Monday afternoon )

Tues morning it was collected.
    By that Friday it landed in the NL at the repair centre.

Monday it had been received and diagnosed as a faulty RC - they emailed me and said a new one would be sent to me, which I had delivery of by that Fri.

I found it a fairly quick, painless and professional service tbh.

Definitely get back on to them.

thanks for your reply. the only thing is tomtop have a few options when buying, either china, UK or spain as far as i can remember. maybe you bought yours from the european site? the box mine came in has CN on the label.
    either way, they're awkward feckers.
    will call them on Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Think I'm gonna lob my mavic up on to adverts, only 15hrs flight time, bought as fly more combo pack so comes with all the accessories, bag etc, see here https://www.amazon.co.uk/DJI-Mavic-Pro-Drone-Combo/dp/B01LY38V90/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1538212587&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=mavic+pro+fly+more+combo&dpPl=1&dpID=419RITrCYnL&ref=plSrch

even has new braided cables to suit newer androids. As seen here.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/charging-TecMad-Type-c3-0-ChromeBook-Wileyfox/dp/B074QJW3SD/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1538212720&sr=8-1-spons&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=mavic+pro+usb+c&psc=1

any of the lads in here that have an actual interest in drones want first refusal perhaps get in touch before mid - next week as I'd like to give them first digs.

Initially bought on a whim I suppose, but my working life has become so hectic I rarely get a chance to take it up in the sky these days.

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

https://www.tomtop.com/p-rm7920us.html
    https://www.tomtop.com/p-rm7920eu.html

Was on sale for €250 including any fees, has gone back up again, but apparently will drop again. Raging I missed it by a couple of minutes.

No clue as to when it may drop again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Phantom 3 for 250... What was the catch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

JJayoo wrote: »
    Phantom 3 for 250... What was the catch?

No idea. Maybe it was only 10 of them or something like that. I missed it.
    They also had in the promotion page that I saw, a note how to ask for customs to be paid.
    I think it was something along the lines of messaging when it is in your basket. It didn't apply to that though, as that is already covered.

The new rules in China state everything has to be more thoroughly checked (no more avoiding tax at the other end), so either they pay it and include it in the price, or make sure it is priced correctly including shipping to be stopped at this end.

Tomtop and Banggood have introduced insurance for it, they already had it for many products, but now it will be on most, and eventually all.

I think that is what the price drop was to 'promote'.

chancing my arm here, had a bit of an accident with my drone yesterday, and the cable came out of the plug into the top of the gimbal.
    the cable has 8 wires, but the plug has 10 inlets. can anyone please post a photo of an intact version of this that will show what inlets to leave empty.
    also, never ever leave the drone on top of your car when someone is about to open the boot!!

527588.jpg

Advertisement