Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DJI Phantom 3 SE Wifi FPV RC Quadcopter EUR460 incl shipping @Tomtop

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 723 ✭✭✭soap1978

smokingman wrote:
    Placed the order....but forgot to put my work address as the delivery address...can't seem to change it either. Does anyone know if I can change it after the order is processed?

U can change it,when u get ups tracking number,go on ups site with the tracking number and it lets u change it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I'm about to pull the gun on this, Only thing that has me is the warranty, Has any one who got the mavic had any problem registering for the warranty?

Zero problems here.

I signed up for the refresh package.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭smokingman

So y'know the way they say 7-15 days.....any chance that's nearer 7 if they're shipping from China instead of Germany (out of stock there).

Wishful thinking on my part but I'm super excira right now thinking about how I'll have one soon. :D

Flew a Syma X8C as my first drone and guessing the fact the Mavic has gps stabilization, it'll be way easier to fly. Had so much fun on the Syma even though it needed constant course correction.

smokingman wrote: »
    So y'know the way they say 7-15 days.....any chance that's nearer 7 if they're shipping from China instead of Germany (out of stock there).

Wishful thinking on my part but I'm super excira right now thinking about how I'll have one soon. :D

Flew a Syma X8C as my first drone and guessing the fact the Mavic has gps stabilization, it'll be way easier to fly. Had so much fun on the Syma even though it needed constant course correction.

You'll have it 8/9 working days after order.

It sits gathering dust in Eindhoven for 4 or 5 days waiting on ups collecting it for some reason. Then when it finally leaves Eindhoven, it'll reach you in 3 or 4 days. My only advice is not to panic with a lack of movement from Eindhoven.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭judgefoozle

I was the same... excited as a child at Christmas and constantly refreshing the tracking page for the first week... :)

Mine was ordered on a Saturday from China warehouse, appeared in Netherlands on the following Monday night. Picked up by UPS yesterday (1 week later) and I've a scheduled delivery by end of day this Thursday.

So that'll be bang on the 9 working days like Rick Shaw said above.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Thumbpilot

I'm about to pull the gun on this, Only thing that has me is the warranty, Has any one who got the mavic had any problem registering for the warranty?

I got the SE and when activating it got a message stating that I have no warranty as I didn't buy from an authorised dealer. DJI issued a statement about a year ago stating that they wouldn't offer warranty if their products were purchased from an unauthorised source.

The P3SE is now for sale outside China - it's EUR 649 when you set your location to Ireland on the DJI site.

I assume the same applies to the Mavic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Thumbpilot wrote: »
    I got the SE and when activating it got a message stating that I have no warranty as I didn't buy from an authorised dealer. DJI issued a statement about a year ago stating that they wouldn't offer warranty if their products were purchased from an unauthorised source.

The P3SE is now for sale outside China - it's EUR 649 when you set your location to Ireland on the DJI site.

I assume the same applies to the Mavic

I think it was addressed. I am not 100% but i think even though you cannot register it (because it was originally only for Chinese market), it is still under warranty in EU.
    I think it is either DJI forums or PhantomPilots that there are many threads, but one fairly long one that talks about it.

Suckit wrote: »
    I think it was addressed. I am not 100% but i think even though you cannot register it (because it was originally only for Chinese market), it is still under warranty in EU.
    I think it is either DJI forums or PhantomPilots that there are many threads, but one fairly long one that talks about it.

It is registered and the app recognises that it is a P3SE and the firmware updated fine but after activation I got the no warranty message because I didn't buy from an authorised dealer. I did read the long post on this topic on the DJI forum and people were saying that this particular policy did not apply to Europe but they were only making assumptions I believe. DJI did make some comments on the thread but did not confirm that EU warranties were not affected by this policy.

I will check in with DJI support and see what they say (I must read up on the relevant consumer laws first so I'm armed with a good argument). I'll report back if and when I get an update.

EUR 200 cheaper with Tomtop than the "official" sources so I'm not complaining. DJI have it in their store but not listed on the support page yet. That will probably come in a few days.

I thought they were quoting from somewhere on the EU law site or something.

Anyway, worse case scenario, Tomtop say that everything on their site is guaranteed by them.
    2.Are Products Guaranteed / Is There A Warranty?

Yes, everything you buy from tomtop.com has a guarantee of quality and will exactly match the description on the website.
    Factories that supply tomtop.com are strictly evaluated by us, and we provide you an even better reassurance of consistent high quality thanks to our in-house QC team. We double-check the contents of all orders carefully before dispatch to our customers. You can be confident about ordering from tomtop.com just as much as any western retailer.

Also, in the Q&A under the product
    Q:
    Hi Can you explain how is working warranty ?
    By Cyril May 25, 2017

A:
    All DJI products bought from tomtop have the same 1 year warranty like DJI official stores . you can contact the DJI overseas repair center if there are any quality problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Suckit wrote:
    Anyway, worse case scenario, Tomtop say that everything on their site is guaranteed by them.

I'd be wary on the Tomtop warranty. There are lots of reports online that they are not an official supplier and therefore warranties are not valid. I've seen this for many manufacturers, not just DJI.

I'm wondering what warranty people think they will get with a quad and what's covered, especially when purchasing from Asia?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Was going to buy a "starter" drone to learn the ropes etc. Also have a 5 year old son who'd love to get his hands on one!

Was looking at a Syma for about £35. Would people say forget the starter and just go straight for something like the xiaomi?

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭The Undecided One

Fanny **** wrote: »
    Was going to buy a "starter" drone to learn the ropes etc. Also have a 5 year old son who'd love to get his hands on one!

Was looking at a Syma for about £35. Would people say forget the starter and just go straight for something like the xiaomi?

A 5 year old and a drone of this size is not a good mix on my opinion.

Also for yourself if you haven't tried any other drones yet just get they Syma and learn the basics. Last thing you want to see is your €500 drone destroyed in the first flight because of a silly mistake.

A 5 year old and a drone of this size is not a good mix on my opinion.

Also for yourself if you haven't tried any other drones yet just get they Syma and learn the basics. Last thing you want to see is your €500 drone destroyed in the first flight because of a silly mistake.

Tbh the 5 year old would be an observer. No way would i let him near a 400+ drone

Re your second point, that was exactly my thinking. Learn on the Syma and maybe get something bigger in 6 months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Tbh the 5 year old would be an observer. No way would i let him near a 400+ drone

Re your second point, that was exactly my thinking. Learn on the Syma and maybe get something bigger in 6 months

Hoping prices come down more :)

Fanny **** wrote:

I don't think so, spending money on cheaper drones is a waste. They only get easier to fly as the cost goes up.

The Xiaomi and the P3SE basically fly themselves.

You just need someone to show you for 10-20 minutes and you'll be a pro.

Forgot to say. There's actually a big chance you get pissed off with the syma and then give up flying completely. I flew my mate's on a few months ago, just awful.

tedpan wrote: »
    Forgot to say. There's actually a big chance you get pissed off with the syma and then give up flying completely. I flew my mate's on a few months ago, just awful.

The cheapo one I started on was frustrating because it didn't have the GPS stabilization which means I had to work hard to constantly correct it's flight direction, height etc.

I'd still recommend getting a toy one first though, even an indoor one you can get used to the controls of.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭The Undecided One

The cheapo one I started on was frustrating because it didn't have the GPS stabilization which means I had to work hard to constantly correct it's flight direction, height etc.

I'd still recommend getting a toy one first though, even an indoor one you can get used to the controls of.

It may be frustrating for a while but it will give you more feel for a more complicated quadcopter.

One thing that I have to say though is that Adverts is full of ads from people selling expensive drones at a loss because they got them and later found out that they don't have where to fly them, don't have the time or don't like it.

If you get a cheap drone and play with it for a while you'll know if you want to get a bigger one and start being serious about it or if this is not for you.

Worst case scenario you sell your cheap drone at a loss of €10 - €20 and not €100 - €200.

It may be frustrating for a while but it will give you more feel for a more complicated quadcopter.

One thing that I have to say though is that Adverts is full of ads from people selling expensive drones at a loss because they got them and later found out that they don't have where to fly them, don't have the time or don't like it.

If you get a cheap drone and play with it for a while you'll know if you want to get a bigger one and start being serious about it or if this is not for you.

Worst case scenario you sell your cheap drone at a loss of €10 - €20 and not €100 - €200.

Ah yeah, it was frustrating but exhilarating at the same time. It's entirely the reason why I've just spent 850 quid on a Mavic :D

• Advertisement

I don't see anyone selling for a loss on adverts.. They Say they're losing but most of them are selling them for the price that they bought them for. A lot of people who buy from adverts are making impulse purchases and don't mind paying a similar cost to new, to avoid 2 weeks shipping time.

No love for the Hubsan (I know it's not 4k)

https://m.tomtop.com/hubsan-quadcopter-1160/p-rm6333us.html

Nope unfortunately, I've had a hubsan H501S before and they are actually great flyers although this one has had issues from what I read on forums about 12 months ago. Think this one got forgotten about

Be still my heart, we have "DISPATCHED"!
    tenor.gif

Be still my heart, we have "DISPATCHED"!
    tenor.gif

Left Eindhoven, yeah?

Mavic arrived this morning - on the 9th working day after placing the order. Not too shabby!

Everything there, all legit and well packaged. All powered up fine but just need to update app & firmware before taking it out - whether this evening or on weekend.

I know someone was asking about whether a Motorola G3 would work with the controller - I'm having trouble installing the app on that phone at the moment. Updates on Motorola G4 though.

This really isn't a toy drone that's ready to fly out of the box. There's plenty to set up and be careful with.

Some links I found useful so far during setup:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v6qMfuipL0

And I'm going to have a proper read of this too before flying:
    https://forum.dji.com/thread-88220-1-1.html

• Advertisement

Rick Shaw wrote: »
    Left Eindhoven, yeah?

Sadly no, just China...but still... :D

By the way, has anyone used DroneDeploy to make a 3-d map of their house yet?
    It's going to be one of my first projects I think...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3wXggCqY_8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,053 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Thanks OP 22% off the Spark fly more combo :D

And I'm going to have a proper read of this too before flying:

Congratulations! It's a class quad. Not much reading required, it basically flies itself. Just go to a big open space like a field and you'll be flying like a pro in no time. Very easy to fly!

I bought a smaller drone as a trial. If I decide to go for the Mi Drone or other larger one I'll give it to my nephew so it won't be wasted

But FYI - code RC5OFF gave 5% off at TomTop (think it needs to be your first drone order) and I still got the Top Cash Back (which was 8 point something percent) despite the code not coming from their site

Browsing TomTop (not Drone related!)

EURO5OFF supposedly works "site wide"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭ozmo

DJI have announced they are releasing this Chinese Market Only drone worldwide

http://forum.dji.com/thread-108295-1-1.html

“Roll it back”

The Mavic Pro is down to €699 on Banggood using coupon code dbf6c6
    https://www.banggood.com/DJI-Mavic-Pro-OcuSync-Transmission-FPV-With-3Axis-Gimbal-4K-Camera-Obstacle-Avoidance-RC-Quadcopter-p-1092053.html

It is €773 (€760 if you pay in USD) on TomTop using code TTMAVICP300 and they will pay customs fees.
    https://www.tomtop.com/dji-multicopter-1111/p-rm7139eu.html

ozmo wrote:
    DJI have announced they are releasing this Chinese Market Only drone worldwide

Yes, it's already available to buy in the DJI website. We've been talking about it all week. :)

Suckit wrote:
    The Mavic Pro is down to €699 on Banggood using coupon code dbf6c6

I got hit 27 Euro on a 74 euro mi Drone battery banggood. I'd hate to see what you'd pay on a mavic..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭ozmo

Yes, it's already available to buy in the DJI website. We've been talking about it all week. :)

As a import from china - hadnt seen it mentioned it was officially available to buy from DJI.
    Will the EU models have the power reduced I wonder? Hopefully EU model wont be restricted - all others dji models are but I dont see CE mentioned in the specs when i checked last week.

“Roll it back”

ozmo wrote:
    As a import from china - hadnt seen it mentioned it was officially available to buy from DJI. Will the EU models have the power reduced I wonder? Hopefully EU model wont be restricted - all others dji models are but I dont see CE mentioned in the specs when i checked last week.

No, same specs, just a higher price. Although you have the peace of mind of buying from DJI. I'd rather make the savings.

I checked with both sales and support at DJI and the official response on the warranty is that my P3SE is a Chinese version purchased in China and must be returned to an address in China and then forwarded to DJI should it need repairs. They both checked the serial number for me and could see the history on the drone.

So it does have a warranty but in China only. I'm not sure how this sits with EU consumer laws.

Did anyone else get he warranty message during activation? Anyone get DJI Care? Will you have to send your drone back to China for DJI Care too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Thumbpilot wrote: »
    I checked with both sales and support at DJI and the official response on the warranty is that my P3SE is a Chinese version purchased in China and must be returned to an address in China and then forwarded to DJI should it need repairs. They both checked the serial number for me and could see the history on the drone.

So it does have a warranty but in China only. I'm not sure how this sits with EU consumer laws.

Did anyone else get he warranty message during activation? Anyone get DJI Care? Will you have to send your drone back to China for DJI Care too?

What does EU consumer law got to do with a Chinese based company? Tempted by the Spark myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 639 ✭✭✭chris1970

tk123 wrote: »
    Thanks OP 22% off the Spark fly more combo :D

What did you use for spark I only see mavic ? sorry edit on site price thought i missed a code (:

Can confirm all in perfect working order with the Mavic and all accessories. Out for a few practice flights today - it's pretty frickin' cool...

I'll live with the 1 year warranty being China-only, saved the guts of 500euro so it was worth the gamble.

• Advertisement

Can confirm all in perfect working order with the Mavic and all accessories. Out for a few practice flights today - it's pretty frickin' cool...

Awesome, the mavic is unreal.. Can't wait for some footage :)

The low edition of the Hubsan H109S X4 Pro is now down to €249.39
    (If you pay in USD) Customs still paid.
    The Gimbal is not motorised in this version.
    https://www.tomtop.com/hubsan-quadcopter-1160/p-rm6335us.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghJepclUttc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59bjdCxtknE

Suckit wrote:
    The low edition of the Hubsan H109S X4 Pro is now down to €249.39 (If you pay in USD) Customs still paid. The Gimbal is not motorised in this version.

Not great at all once you've seen the Xiaomi and P3 videos. The second YouTube video has some footage, although it's all over the place.

The drone flies well although you'd have to upgrade the camera and gimbal which makes no sense.

True, but only €249.
    You would not have to upgrade immediately, and could do so over time.

Definitely worth a mention :)

First look
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZqyelNTCsA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Spark without controller = cheap but not very good.
    Spark with controller = almost the price of a Mavic but far less featured.

If you're considering a Spark wait and get a Mavic or get a Mi Drone instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭sleepysniper

ED E wrote:

ED E wrote:

What about the Phantom 3 SE? That can be got for ~€400 and seems to be well praised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Base package includes the controller so its a really good option too. If you just want great footage and less FPV style fun its a winner.

Trip to Boyle with the Mi Drone 4K..

Trip to Boyle with the Mi Drone 4K..

That came up on my feed this morning...I'm watching far too many drone vids lately :)
    Looks lovely btw; were you not shytting it flying over the water though? I know I would be X/

• Advertisement

smokingman wrote:
    That came up on my feed this morning...I'm watching far too many drone vids lately Looks lovely btw; were you not shytting it flying over the water though? I know I would be X/

Cheers! Like Austin Powers, I also like to live dangerously!

Advertisement