Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DJI Phantom 3 SE Wifi FPV RC Quadcopter EUR460 incl shipping @Tomtop

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭ozmo

Suckit wrote: »
    Lightworks is free and fairly powerful. https://www.lwks.com
    Cyberlink PowerDirector Ultra/Ultimate is fairly cheap and is very good too, and easy to use. - https://www.cyberlink.com/

Lightworks is crippleware unfortunately, not free unless you are happy with 720p - about 140 euros (+vat) per year to rent it.

“Roll it back”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Imallrightjack

ozmo wrote: »
    What one is that? Is that the new Windows 10 Story Remix?
    Ive always liked the Movie Maker (the older XP one was the best) - The current ones dont accept Mavic Pro videos as source content though

The DJI SkyPixel is ok as an editor - but I dont see how you can get your movie without sharing it with the world...

http://www.solveigmm.com/en/howto/how-to-edit-your-video-and-audio-within-windows-media-player/

This will lead you in the right direction.also wonder share filmora is good but not free.

Thanks - but It seems to be a third party plugin addon for media player rather than media player itself - it just trims files - not free and and I'm not sure its lossless either.

There are a few free tools that will do lossless trimming of mp4 files -
    https://github.com/mifi/lossless-cut
    http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/avidemux.htm-5

Lossless is cool as it means that you can trim and split files very very fast as the file doesn't get recompressed - plus you keep the video quality also.

They are all not a full editor though (no titles and effects etc)

“Roll it back”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Imallrightjack

Thanks - but It seems to be a third party plugin addon for media player rather than media player itself - it just trims files - not free and and I'm not sure its lossless either.

There are a few free tools that will do lossless trimming of mp4 files -
    https://github.com/mifi/lossless-cut
    http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/avidemux.htm-5

Lossless is cool as it means that you can trim and split files very very fast as the file doesn't get recompressed - plus you keep the video quality also.

They are all not a full editor though (no titles and effects etc)

Well you seem to know more about it than i do.good luck with it.

Well you seem to know more about it than i do.good luck with it.

I did some research a few months ago - but found no suitable free 4K mp4 editors - was hoping someone here might have one. Those splitters/trimmers were as close as I got.

Ill try the new free microsoft one (Windows 10 Story Remix) - that wasn't out then - and report back....

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,053 ✭✭✭✭tk123

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Lightworks is crippleware unfortunately, not free unless you are happy with 720p - about 140 euros (+vat) per year to rent it.

I do not have any problems running it, although i am running Linux, but i do not think i have ever heard anyone else calling it crippleware before or saying that it slows down their machine.

It is free though. There are a few versions. Paid versions and a free version. The free version does everything you would want it to, except only export to 720p.

https://www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=102&Itemid=213

You can get old versions of it if your PC is older.
    https://www.videohelp.com/software/Lightworks/old-versions
    https://lightworks.en.uptodown.com/windows/old

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭smokingman

My Mavic Flymore has "Departed - Utrecht, Netherlands"
    giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

smokingman wrote: »
    My Mavic Flymore has "Departed - Utrecht, Netherlands"
    giphy.gif

I reckon you'll have it Friday so.

• Advertisement

Rick Shaw wrote: »
    I reckon you'll have it Friday so.

Really?! Thought it'd be at least Monday but if it is, I am going to be flying all weekend and try to avoid my wifes stares after telling her about it last night :D
    Thanking you sir!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭sphinx501

TomTop is showing mine as dispatched, got the mail early this morning.

I saw the below in the mail, but I don't see any tracking numbers? Does the tracking number come through separately?

By the way, There are exsit two special cases as follows:1.part of the delivery code (such as ZPTD, ZDP, DHL, etc.) there are two tracking numbers, please reference the second shipment message;2.your order maybe shipped out with several packages. But do not worry, we also will send you the package information with several emails. Looking forward to your understanding.

sphinx501 wrote: »
    TomTop is showing mine as dispatched, got the mail early this morning.

I saw the below in the mail, but I don't see any tracking numbers? Does the tracking number come through separately?

By the way, There are exsit two special cases as follows:1.part of the delivery code (such as ZPTD, ZDP, DHL, etc.) there are two tracking numbers, please reference the second shipment message;2.your order maybe shipped out with several packages. But do not worry, we also will send you the package information with several emails. Looking forward to your understanding.

You'll probably get a similar one tomorrow with an actual tracking number.
    I did but it didn't work for a few hours afterwards.

Really?! Thought it'd be at least Monday but if it is, I am going to be flying all weekend and try to avoid my wifes stares after telling her about it last night :D
    Thanking you sir!

Yeah, I think mine left holland on a Tues, I had the Thurs, so you should be wed - Friday.

Edit.

Yep, just checked two days later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 639 ✭✭✭chris1970

How does tcp cashback work I bought mine via link in topcashback.co.uk mavic and battery on the 12th showing 0£ in dashboard?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,053 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Strolled into Maplins yesterday to price an OTG cable to have for when the drone arrives and strolled out again as quick - €19(!):eek: - Ordered from this eBay seller yesterday afternoon and delivered this morning!€3!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

tk123 wrote:
    Strolled into Maplins yesterday to price an OTG cable to have for when the drone arrives and strolled out again as quick - €19(!) - Ordered from

Looks like pretty poor quality cable. You'll be replacing it soon. Still better than getting ripped off from maplin. I'd expect to pay a tenner for a decent cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭markad1

Thanks to sphinx501 I've ordered the Mavic. Wanted a drone for ages:)

markad1 wrote: »
    Thanks to sphinx501 I've ordered the Mavic. Wanted a drone for ages:)

Same here! The gf doesn’t know about this purchase yet though! :/

I’ve been hooked to YouTube videos of the Mavic since, quite scared of flying this over water!

Has anyone got the DJi Care Refresh after purchase?

While you are waiting - I can recommend these low cost bits

This is better than the one it comes with - replaces the cover and clamp with one device that is faster to fit
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Gimbal-Fixed-Camera-Guard-Protector-Lens-Hood-Protective-Cover-Gimbal-Fixator-Buckle-Lens-Cap-for-DJI/32811620831.html

These are good for taking off in grass
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Extender-Landing-Gear-Stabilizers-Heightened-Lengthened-Mavic-Leg-Extensions-Protector-Replacement-Fit-For-DJI-Mavic/32828611544.html

And Amazon have well priced memory cards - The Samsung EVO+ 64G for about 25 Euros is a good one

“Roll it back”

ozmo wrote:
    These are good for taking off in grass

Please note: The Mavic is not included.. disgraceful for $4 :-D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

And Amazon have well priced memory cards - The Samsung EVO+ 64G for about 25 Euros is a good one

Is there a maximum size that's compatible with the Mavic or indeed any drone?

TomTop have it for $24.99

https://m.tomtop.com/flash-disk-241/p-c3577-128.html

Fanny **** wrote: »
    Is there a maximum size that's compatible with the Mavic or indeed any drone?

Thanks - probably ok from them - It can be got even cheaper - but there are a lot of fakes out there and I didn't want risk that and wait weeks for it for sake of 2 euros.

I think the Mavic lists the maximum at 64G - Ive heard you can put in 128G cards though - but why would you bother... You get about 2 minutes of 4k per gb. Just make sure you dont get one that is too slow.

“Roll it back”

Has anyone got the DJi Care Refresh after purchase?

Yep. Absolutely no problem with it either.

Hope I never need it, but better safe than sorry as they say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

Amazon have well priced memory cards - The Samsung EVO+ 64G for about 25 Euros is a good one

Thanks I just ordered a memory card :D

For anyone getting the spark this might be a good option, I've just ordered one, keep the gimbal safe

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B073M41MRS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Word of advice; apparently there are a good few leg extenders that result in the mavic flying up and it keeps going because the extender interferes with the sensor underneath....and it thinks there's something under it.

On a brighter note....

Tamworth, United Kingdom 17/08/2017 14:44 Arrival Scan
    giphy.gif

smokingman wrote:

smokingman wrote:
    On a brighter note....

Fingers crossed you'll have it tomorrow mate

tedpan wrote: »
    Fingers crossed you'll have it tomorrow mate

...taking the day off work so yeah, me too :D

You'll probably get a similar one tomorrow with an actual tracking number.
    I did but it didn't work for a few hours afterwards.

I got a tracking number today that links to 17track.net which returns a 404 for the tracking number. Number begins with 1Z.

Did your tracking number start with 1Z also I was expecting a DHL or other courier code?

I got a tracking number today that links to 17track.net which returns a 404 for the tracking number. Number begins with 1Z.

Did your tracking number start with 1Z also I was expecting a DHL or other courier code?

I know this questions not directed at me, but my tracking number also started 1Z and if I recall correctly, I initially had same problem with a 404 code, but only on the 17track site.

Go to ups and check it there, it should work no problem though, it looked to me like ups own site was updating the 17track website, as it had updated movements on my package hours in advance.

I know this questions not directed at me, but my tracking number also started 1Z and if I recall correctly, I initially had same problem with a 404 code, but only on the 17track site.

Go to ups and check it there, it should work no problem though, it looked to me like ups own site was updating the 17track website, as it had updated movements on my package hours in advance.

Thanks! UPS is showing the shipment!

But hasn't arrived at there facility, just a shipping label created right now :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭dan786

Thanks! UPS is showing the shipment!

But hasn't arrived at there facility, just a shipping label created right now :(

Took 4 days working days for mine to be picked up by UPS then another 2 working days to reach me.

Tamworth, United Kingdom 18/08/2017 6:37 Departure Scan

Please be today....please be today!

Rick or Ted; are you not in Dublin and if so, did you get yours the same day that UPS update above appeared? I'm in Kildare and hoping they'll deliver to the sticks in time for some kind of flight today...

Please be today....please be today!

Rick or Ted; are you not in Dublin and if so, did you get yours the same day that UPS update above appeared? I'm in Kildare and hoping they'll deliver to the sticks in time for some kind of flight today...

Don't wanna be the bearer of bad news, but this was my package progress.
    03/08/2017 13:21
    Delivered
    Dublin, IE
    02/08/2017 18:30
    Arrival Scan
    Tamworth, GB
    02/08/2017 02:46
    Departure Scan
    Tamworth, GB
    01/08/2017 13:42
    Arrival Scan
    Eindhoven, NL
    01/08/2017 04:00
    Departure Scan

Don't wanna be the bearer of bad news, but this was my package progress.

I'm still living in hope here :D
    Wonder if UPS deliver on a Saturday....

Edit: For anyone that recently ordered, here's my delivery story too in case you want a heads up on how long it'll take:

LOCATION DATE LOCAL TIME ACTIVITY
    Eindhoven, Netherlands 17/08/2017 6:13 Departure Scan
    Eindhoven, Netherlands 16/08/2017 20:20 Arrival Scan
    Utrecht, Netherlands 16/08/2017 19:45 Departure Scan
    16/08/2017 18:51 Origin Scan
    Netherlands 11/08/2017 22:27 (ET) Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Sorry dude, once it hits leaves Tamworth it's always a day later with UPS. Once it arrives in Dublin, they deliver the same day. Dont think the deliver on Saturday. Really depressing..

You could call up to Drogheda and fly my mi Drone if you like?!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

Sorry but dont think it will be with you today, if its standard shipping than thats a ferry across, express would be air and youd have it but not with standard level service

tedpan wrote: »
    Sorry dude, once it hits leaves Tamworth it's always a day later with UPS. Once it arrives in Dublin, they deliver the same day. Dont think the deliver on Saturday. Really depressing..

You could call up to Drogheda and fly my mi Drone if you like?!?

Ah well, it's too horrible out to fly anyways today...:pac:
    Ordered some ND filters and a 64G memory card for this baby after watching every mavic video on youtube :D
    Have them delivered yesterday so just need the mavic now.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06Y222KTF/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01HXR51DI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Call ups in Dublin, see if you could collect from their depot tomorrow morning? Most courier services offer this service.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭sleepysniper

smokingman wrote:
    Ah well, it's too horrible out to fly anyways today... Ordered some ND filters and a 64G memory card for this baby after watching every mavic video on youtube Have them delivered yesterday so just need the mavic now.

Where did you get the filter if you don't mind me asking? Is that more for lens protection or does it improve the quality?

• Advertisement

Where did you get the filter if you don't mind me asking? Is that more for lens protection or does it improve the quality?

Edited in the links above but all the videos I've watched say the camera really needs ND filters to allow a better picture. I got the ones with polarization as well to be able to deal with reflections better.

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭markad1

mavic dispatched :)

Anyone who is waiting for their or is looking to buy one from this site, beware it might be missing parts. Mine is missing a propeller set and the iPhone RC cable.

dan786 wrote: »
    Anyone who is waiting for their or is looking to buy one from this site, beware it might be missing parts. Mine is missing a propeller set and the iPhone RC cable.

The Mavic in the box only has the back set attached when you open it (I've watched about 20 of those box opening vids on youtube) and the other set is under the back of the foam covering. If it isn't there let us know. I've seen at least four vids where people give out and then go "ah....there they are"

The Mavic in the box only has the back set attached when you open it (I've watched about 20 of those box opening vids on youtube) and the other set is under the back of the foam covering. If it isn't there let us know. I've seen at least four vids where people give out and then go "ah....there they are"

Nope checked everywhere, Had two Mavics before and know where to find everything. Also this is a repackaged version - its nothing like the video on Youtube.

Infact their is a A4 paper with list of stuff that should be in each box, I suppose this is to help those packing it.

dan786 wrote: »
    Nope checked everywhere, Had two Mavics before and know where to find everything. Also this is a repackaged version - its nothing like the video on Youtube.

Infact their is a A4 paper with list of stuff that should be in each box, I suppose this is to help those packing it.

There's a load of props in the front pouch of the bag you get with it.

Well there was in mine.

• Advertisement

Having fun with DJI flight modes.

An Irish dude doing a review on the states..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Daibheid

Not wanting to rain on anyone's parade but do take the the time to familiarise yourself with the rules and use common sense about where and how you fly and don't ruin it for everyone like the idiot who posted his extended range BVR flight over Cork city a few years ago.
    A safe principle to guide your flying is assume the drone may fall out of the sky with zero warning at any moment.
    Because they do!
    Imagine the impact on a person, windscreen, etc. of a 1kg Mavic or 2kg Phantom from several hundred metres up.

That's before you look at what a Lithium battery will do if shorted or ruptured.

These are all phenomenal flying machines and can achieve stunning distances and altitudes but don't be inspired by any of the crazy videos pushing those limits, many are downright dangerous , especially to air traffic.

This video might be worth a look for just how reckless people can be while also showing the consequences in the comments for one guy who was arrested etc and rightly so.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭sleepysniper

Whats the story with the non-DJI Phantom batteries on the TomTop site? Are they ok to use or not worth the risk?

Cracker sky up there this evening.

Cracker sky up there this evening.

Niiiice!

• Advertisement
Advertisement