Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DJI Phantom 3 SE Wifi FPV RC Quadcopter EUR460 incl shipping @Tomtop

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

smokingman wrote: »
    Niiiice!

Did you head to UPS earlier SM?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,757 ✭✭✭smokingman

Rick Shaw wrote: »
    Did you head to UPS earlier SM?

Nah. It got into Dublin last night but I had something to do on the other side of the island today so it'll have to wait til Monday. I did take Tuesday off though so I'll have some footage up that evening.
    Chatting to my parents and they used to get a cesna pilot calling at their door selling them aerial views of their house over the years but haven't had one in a while. Looking forward to producing one of them for them. Might get a pic made into a canvas for them...pretty cheap to do that and would be a nice addition to their collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭markad1

Mavic in Voldenam NL with UPS. Looking at every Mavic YouTube videos going.

update: I stand corrected....it's only a shipping label created :o

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭arek_s

Do you know if the DJI 3 SE can be operated legally in Ireland (Europe)? Just not sure if this is EU version and the frequency is OK to fly it here...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

arek_s wrote: »
    Do you know if the DJI 3 SE can be operated legally in Ireland (Europe)? Just not sure if this is EU version and the frequency is OK to fly it here...

Perfectly legal once you stay below 100 feet and away from aircraft flight paths.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Thumbpilot

arek_s wrote: »

I wondered the same thing and this is what I was able to find out.

My 3 SE from Tomtop is on 5.725 - 5.825 GHz which is legal in Ireland and most of Europe as far as I can tell.

Comreg allow 5.8GHz (5.725 – 5.875MHz) up to 2W on a license exempt basis. Comreg refer to WAN and MAN but I can't find anything on FPV. In the UK up to 25mW is allowed which is not very powerful.

You can also use 2.4Ghz for FPV legally in Europe, however because almost all R/C equipment (and WiFi) runs on 2.4Ghz, you will usually receive lots of interference on this band.

900MHz and 1.3GHz are not allowed for FPV in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭R777B

Has anyone used Tomtop priority shipping before?

More specifically, does anyone know how long it takes to get a drone from the Chinese warehouse to Ireland via priority shipping? It does say 3-6 business days but I am more inclined to believe it'll be 6....

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭judgefoozle

R777B wrote: »
    Has anyone used Tomtop priority shipping before?

More specifically, does anyone know how long it takes to get a drone from the Chinese warehouse to Ireland via priority shipping? It does say 3-6 business days but I am more inclined to believe it'll be 6....

I did because I ordered batteries for other stuff in the order. Still took two weeks. Wouldn't bother

I did because I ordered batteries for other stuff in the order. Still took two weeks. Wouldn't bother

Oh brilliant... I'll go for standard shipping so.

In fairness, hard to complain when you're getting such a good bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

What are people's experiences of the DJI Go app on android.

Reviews in the Google Play shop are unflattering, and that's being kind!

• Advertisement

Fanny **** wrote: »
    What are people's experiences of the DJI Go app on android.

Reviews in the Google Play shop are unflattering, and that's being kind!

Never had any problems with it myself

My Mavic just got delivered. Wife took it in from UPS man and I was staring lovingly at it through the security cams outside.
    I'm now stuck in work until I get home at 7pm :(
    Looks like a much smaller box than a lot of the Fly More Combo unboxing vids I've seen....

Edit: Seems they are shipping them in a new smaller box now so at least I know this is a latest package one :D
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEM-TYKCXnI

How long does the status of an order on Tomtop stay on 'Processing'? Mine's been on it for ages now.

How long does the status of an order on Tomtop stay on 'Processing'? Mine's been on it for ages now.

Rule of thumb seems to be that you'll receive delivery 9 working days from your order.
    Happened me and quite a few others on here as well.

Rule of thumb seems to be that you'll receive delivery 9 working days from your order.
    Happened me and quite a few others on here as well.

That's great cheers smokingman. Bizarrely enough it just went onto dispatched, so I'll hopefully have it by the end of next week (fingers crossed)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

That's great cheers smokingman. Bizarrely enough it just went onto dispatched, so I'll hopefully have it by the end of next week (fingers crossed)
    Just an FYI mine was dispatched on August 16th and its still not arrived.

seannash wrote: »
    Just an FYI mine was dispatched on August 16th and its still not arrived.

I wont get too excited so. It's funny how you feel you need it immediately once you put the order through. Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭sphinx501

I ordered on the 15th, and was shipped the 16th but yet to arrive at UPS I think. Appears TomTop dispatch to Europe then UPS take over final delivery? Has anyone seen similar?

Label Created On: 17/08/2017
    A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated.

Just as an aside, are there any drone flying clubs in the Kildare area that anyone is a part of?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭michaelheno

Just received my mavic pro full combi from UPS would it be worth getting the DJI care refresh for it has anyone got it

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭markad1

Just received my mavic pro full combi from UPS would it be worth getting the DJI care refresh for it has anyone got it

When did you order it?

Oh and enjoy :D

ordered on the 11th Aug

ordered on the 11th Aug

that's not bad - 6 working days? did you go for priority or standard shipping?

that's not bad - 6 working days? did you go for priority or standard shipping?

Priority shipping it spent 3 days in Holland

Priority shipping it spent 3 days in Holland

How much extra for priority?

• Advertisement

It was in the price

it was in the price

Didn't get a euro plug and not sure how many props I was meant to have but she''s charging now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,885 ✭✭✭ozmo

Edited in the links above but all the videos I've watched say the camera really needs ND filters to allow a better picture. I got the ones with polarization as well to be able to deal with reflections better.

works fine here with or without.
    The difference is without a filter its like a hd reality tv show vs with a filter its less sharp and more like a cinematic movie. So its whatever effect you prefer. It does let you get great sky shots- but I prefer getting the hd quality look.

I got my ND8 filter fromAliexpress for 8 euros.
    If i was buying again id get the official dji filters as they are tiny - about 40 euros I think.

“Roll it back”

Didn't get a euro plug and not sure how many props I was meant to have but she''s charging now...

You look to have received the same amount of props that I got, so I assume it's the correct amount. Bit shabout the US plug, but not the end of the world.

I had mine up this evening over the race course. Still getting the hang of the camera settings (auto adjust to lighting conditions Etc)but am getting there.

Got a few nice stills of the sky at sunset too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

My spark is still coming up as label created on the ups site 7 days later :(

Im dying to get my hands on it!!!!

Rightly fed up of this shyte all evening. Apparently my Samsung A5 doesn't work with the go app. Currently trying the kids old tab4 to try to update the firmware...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Rightly fed up of this shyte all evening. Apparently my Samsung A5 doesn't work with the go app. Currently trying the kids old tab4 to try to update the firmware...

From here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-94608-1-1.html
    I scanned the QR code a few times but, after a nice sound, none connexion coming
    After trying everything I could, this morning, I downloaded the previous Mavic+RC software and reinstalled DJI GO4. Then set the Mavic ON, set the RC ON, plugged the USB cable and wait. On the galaxy A5 a message was blinking about the USB device (see my first message up). And then, with everything plugged, I RESTARTED the phone... and miracle : CONNECTED ! I tried twice and got connection.
    When flying this afternoon, I got 2 times the application leaving (with black screen) and coming back again normally after 20 seconds or so. A bit frightening.
    Hope this helps others...

And from here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-85577-1-1.html
    Yes i'm using A5 and connected. shutting down A5 then turn on mavic pro then connect cabel to A5 then turn on A5. evrything is good smile.gif check the box to conect allways to this device then you dont need to turn off your A5

Snowc wrote: »
    Perfectly legal once you stay below 100 feet and away from aircraft flight paths.

Is staying below 100ft a rule of thumb or the actual rule that you have to follow when flying drones in Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭S'

My spark is still coming up as label created on the ups site 7 days later :(

Im dying to get my hands on it!!!!

Same as:rolleyes:

Label Created On:
    16/08/2017

S' wrote: »

Label Created On:
    16/08/2017

Does it even give you a location?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭S'

Does it even give you a location?

NL=Netherlands?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/10c7uus0uo5qrk4/2017-08-22%2009.09.46.png?dl=0

I ordered mine on the 14th, got a dispatched notice from Tomtop on the 15th and 16th and still showing as the label has been created at UPS Netherlands.

To be fair though it has only been 6 days since dispatch. I expect I'll have it by the end of the week.

Does anyone else think the DJI care plans are a way to go? Seems cheap enough and over a few years the risk of needing a fix/replacement are marginally high?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Is staying below 100ft a rule of thumb or the actual rule that you have to follow when flying drones in Ireland?

The Small Unmanned Aircraft (Drones) and Rockets Order, 2015 (SI 563 of 2015) contains a number of limitations for the operation of drones.
    These include never operating a drone:

•if it will be a hazard to another aircraft in flight
    •over an assembly of people- 12 persons or more
    •farther than 300m from the person operating the drone
    •within 30m of any person, vessel or structure not under the control of the person operating the drone
    •closer than 5km from an aerodrome
    •in a negligent or reckless manner so as to endanger life or property of others
    •over 400ft (120m) above ground level
    •over urban areas
    •in civil or military controlled airspace
    •in restricted areas (e.g. military installations, prisons, etc.)
    •unless the person operating the drone has permission from the landowner for take-off and landing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

:confused:

Label Created On:
    16/08/2017

Where are you seeing this? I click on the link I was sent I get a 404 :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,168 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

I'm seriously thinking of buying this. Is everyone getting good use out of this, or any regrets about buying it.

gerryk wrote: »

Where are you seeing this? I click on the link I was sent I get a 404 :confused:

Were you's waiting long for the shipping details/tracking number? Like was it more than 24 hours after the dispatch email?

That happens me, just copy the tracking number and click the link. Then click home and paste the tracking number into the box and track it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

Were you's waiting long for the shipping details/tracking number? Like was it more than 24 hours after the dispatch email?

Yes, about a day & a half

Yes, about a day & a half

Thanks, hope you're not waiting too long for yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭arek_s

what you think personally xiaomi 4k or this DJI 3 SE will be better for a beginner?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 639 ✭✭✭chris1970

Same as 15/8 no mavic yet- ups will be busier next few days - God love the rainy sky's of Ireland....

chris1970 wrote: »
    Same as 15/8 no mavic yet- ups will be busier next few days - God love the rainy sky's of Ireland....

If you ordered on the 15th, you (going by mine and others) you should have your Mavic by the end of the week (8-9 business days)

Yes it languishes around the NL (apparently) until UPS collect it, but when they do collect, it's a pretty fast delivery service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

arek_s wrote:
    what you think personally xiaomi 4k or this DJI 3 SE will be better for a beginner?

Both awesome machines, simple to fly and are unmatched for the price. The Xiaomi is class and down to 389e. The phantom has follow me mode which the Xiaomi currently lacks, it will hopefully come with a firmware update.

I have the Mi, let me know if you have any questions or would like to see it in action.

Advertisement