Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DJI Phantom 3 SE Wifi FPV RC Quadcopter EUR460 incl shipping @Tomtop

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Here's my latest video of the Mi Drone 4k. It shows how the drone flies and footage from the drone. My dog loves chasing it!

This is shot in 1080p mode at 50 frames per second

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭smokingman

Well, after commandeering my sons note4 tablet (which fits nicely in the grips) when my A5 didn't bloody work with the app, I've flown through three battery charges today despite the wind. Didn't get too high up (it was pretty windy and I just got this thing!) but it's bloody amazing - I'm in love!
    Footage so far is dull and only of my house but as soon as I bring it somewhere on a nice day, I'll post footage then.

Even got to inspect my house gutters with it :D

To those who are waiting on delivery.....you're in for a lot of smiles lads!

smokingman wrote:
    To those who are waiting on delivery.....you're in for a lot of smiles lads!

It's an absolutely class piece of kit. I flew my mate's one. Well worth the money and it's great for travelling too. Best of luck with it and can't wait to see some footage from fellow boardsies!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,053 ✭✭✭✭tk123

My spark has arrived in Dublin! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

took the plunge and bought one. hopefully i don't make ****f it too quickly :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,053 ✭✭✭✭tk123

YOOOOOO!! My Spark just arrived. Tracking never updated to out for delivery btw..

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Thebeast078

2smiggy wrote: »
    took the plunge and bought one. hopefully i don't make ****f it too quickly :D

What did you go for in the end?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

What did you go for in the end?

the one in the original post , worked out just under €450 with today's conversion rate. Will see how I go with that, should be enough for me anyway !!

2smiggy wrote: »
    the one in the original post , worked out just under €450 with today's conversion rate. Will see how I go with that, should be enough for me anyway !!

I ordered the spark but kind of regretting it now. Should have gone for the Mavic just because of its portability.
    The SE looks like a cracking drone so should be fun ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭R777B

tk123 wrote: »
    YOOOOOO!! My Spark just arrived. Tracking never updated to out for delivery btw..

Enjoy! I'm mad jealous. I've only got the UPS update to say the label has been made so I have a week of silence/sitting in the Netherlands to look forward to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

R777B wrote: »
    Enjoy! I'm mad jealous. I've only got the UPS update to say the label has been made so I have a week of silence/sitting in the Netherlands to look forward to
    Could be longer than a week. I ordered mine on the 14th and the tracking still says label created in the netherlands

seannash wrote: »
    Could be longer than a week. I ordered mine on the 14th and the tracking still says label created in the netherlands

:eek::eek: nightmare. It's best forgotten about for the moment so, otherwise I will go mad refreshing the UPS page/watching youtube videos

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ballwebhost

seannash wrote: »

I've also ordered mine on the 14th and I'm still waiting for UPS website to update from only the label created.

Purchased extra battery, case, landing pad and car charger and all arrived last week. All I'm missing now is the Mavic.

The wait seems endless!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

My label was created on the 15th and still nothing, I ordered a extra battery the following day and that hasn't arrived either but I expect that will take a bit longer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

Same here 14th how long should this take .

My label was created on the 15th and still nothing, I ordered a extra battery the following day and that hasn't arrived either but I expect that will take a bit longer

I'd say we'll be waiting closer to two weeks for the delivery. I chatted with TomTop a few days ago and they said expect up to 15 working days - even with priority shipping. I paid an extra $30 for absolutely nothing.

I ordered my battery through Apple and other accessories through Amazon which is why they came so soon.

Quite a saving on TomTop so I won't complain. :)!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Just checked my order through Tomtop, and the timeline of events until it was delivered.

July 23rd. Order placed.

Then very little happened until it left Eindhoven, and this was the delivery schedule from then on.
    Wicklow , IE
    03/08/2017 13:21
    Delivered
    Dublin, IE
    02/08/2017 18:30
    Arrival Scan
    Tamworth, GB
    02/08/2017 02:46
    Departure Scan
    Tamworth, GB
    01/08/2017 13:42
    Arrival Scan
    Eindhoven, NL
    01/08/2017 04:00
    Departure Scan
    NL
    25/07/2017 22:42
    Order Processed: Ready for UPS

So going by that, and others, if you ordered on 14th, delivery should be next week some time.

It looks quite normal going by mine, and others experience.

I ordered the spark but kind of regretting it now. Should have gone for the Mavic just because of its portability. The SE looks like a cracking drone so should be fun ;-)

The spark is a really impressive machine, don't worry you won't be disappointed. Did you get the combo with the remote and extra battery etc? It flies so well with the controller

tedpan wrote: »
    The spark is a really impressive machine, don't worry you won't be disappointed. Did you get the combo with the remote and extra battery etc? It flies so well with the controller

Full combo pack. I don't really need a 4K camera and was worried about the range of the device however some of the videos on youtube in relation to range are very impressive.

Felt brave this evening and took it far, far away from me. Probably half a mile...
    Got some sweet footage that I'm going to need two hours to upload (1.something Gig file) but I'll drop a link to it here later tonight.

What do people do with that by the way?
    Do you guys upload them as is or do you reduce them before uploading?

• Advertisement

smokingman wrote: »
    Felt brave this evening and took it far, far away from me. Probably half a mile...
    Got some sweet footage that I'm going to need two hours to upload (1.something Gig file) but I'll drop a link to it here later tonight.

What do people do with that by the way?
    Do you guys upload them as is or do you reduce them before uploading?

I upload mine as they are, but in fairness I'm in a good broadband area With Virgin, videos normally take me a few mins to upload.

There was a major firmware update for me this evening, it took me several attempts to complete it, dunno what was happening, but the upgrade failed a few times resulting in me starting from scratch again, took me more than half an hour easily.

Took her up for a spin straight after, and just be aware, it reset a lot of my settings back to default. I couldn't enter sports mode, and my RTH altitude had been reset too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 639 ✭✭✭chris1970

My mavic moving, departure scan 30 min ago weekend looks good

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭sphinx501

chris1970 wrote: »

When was your label created? Mine was created 17/08 still sitting in NL :(

chris1970 wrote: »

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Hi people,

i'm just wondering would any of the more experienced drone users be able to offer any opinion on this other thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057775909

I'm tempted to replace with the OP in this thread, but wondering if the worldwide warranty will actually stand up.

sphinx501 wrote: »

15/8 created
    didn't move far- 01.00 eindhoven!

This took ages to upload on my crappy Imagine ISP but this is shot in the highest resolution I could use, with an ND-4 & Polarizing filter and some manual video settings I'm not 100% sure were right.

File is "as is" straight from the memory card.

Have to change some of the settings to have smoother transitions but overall, very happy indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭The Undecided One

Here's my footage from Phantom 3 SE, shot in 4K, exported in 1080p, no ND filter, color corrected D-Cinelike

Label created here 16/08 and still in the Netherlands. :( The wait seems endless!

• Advertisement

Here's my footage from Phantom 3 SE, shot in 4K, exported in 1080p, no ND filter, color corrected D-Cinelike
    You got scarily close to the water there :O
    I'd have been fairly sh|tin it right there!

You got scarily close to the water there :O
    I'd have been fairly sh|tin it right there!

It wasn't too bad, the Phantom is very steady.

I already had a drone end up in the river so I'm used to it :D:D

My biggest fear is flying over water, for the shots close to water did you take any precautions? Disable VPS?

From your past experience any tips for flying over water? :rolleyes:

My biggest fear is flying over water, for the shots close to water did you take any precautions? Disable VPS?

No, didn't disable it VPS, I know that it's recommended but I didn't do it on this occasion.

It's simple, these drones hold altitude so basically it's right stick forward. Really easy, really impressive.

Thanks for the uploads guys!

My Ups just updated Will arrive Monday :D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

Just seen my UPS Tracking updated. Item was received and scanned in Utrecht. Delivery scheduled for Tuesday!

Just seen my UPS Tracking updated. Item was received and scanned in Utrecht. Delivery scheduled for Tuesday!

Same update! But I don’t see delivery date, is that on UPS tracking?

Scheduled Delivery = Information Unavailable

Same update! But I don’t see delivery date, is that on UPS tracking?

Scheduled Delivery = Information Unavailable

Yeah, at the top left it's showing me the scheduled delivery date. If it has just updated like mine, I would expect you to get it Tuesday too. Can't wait to get some shots / footage with it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭ozmo

This took ages to upload on my crappy Imagine ISP but this is shot in the highest resolution I could use, with an ND-4 & Polarizing filter and some manual video settings I'm not 100% sure were right.

Thise two videos-

i think you could be getting better focus...
    The trees shouldnt look like watercolours- should be able see the leaves almost.

Try without the filter and set the manual sharpness to +1.

Set one of the underside c buttons to center focus. The green focus rectangle should flash and beep when its in focus.

“Roll it back”

ozmo wrote: »
    Thise two videos-

i think you could be getting better focus...
    The trees shouldnt look like watercolours- should be able see the leaves almost.

Try without the filter and set the manual sharpness to +1.

Set one of the underside c buttons to center focus. The green focus rectangle should flash and beep when its in focus.

Cheers for the advice Ozmo; it's much appreciated! I'll try that next flight and upload the same again.

• Advertisement

Yeah, at the top left it's showing me the scheduled delivery date. If it has just updated like mine, I would expect you to get it Tuesday too. Can't wait to get some shots / footage with it!

Interesting mine has departed Utrecht now.

However no scheduled delivery date just the below spiel, for now, I will presume we are on the same delivery schedule :D

Scheduled delivery information is not available at this time. Please check back later.

Does ups deliver Saturdays mine on truck somewhere Tamworth and Dublin :(

chris1970 wrote:
    Does ups deliver Saturdays mine on truck somewhere Tamworth and Dublin

Sad times... It has to arrive in Dublin really early in the morning to be delivered same day. If not today, it will be Monday..

So has anyone gotten Dji care? would there be much use for it?

I know I might regret it some day but I didn't buy it.
    Focuses the mind before a flight that does though ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭shanec1928

go back a few pages multiple people have mentioned it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

make sure you have the correct one. from my earlier post, DJI Europe are not covering my drone which i bought from Amazon marketplace which was a Chinese seller, selling an American drone. just got this from them
    Hi there,

I have asked the Engineer and he says there was little you could have done to prevented it. He says that it is a manufacturers defect, he would have provided warranty were it not for the unfortunate localization issue.

If you have any other question I would be happy to assist.

Kind Regards,

DJI Support EU

make sure you have the correct one. from my earlier post, DJI Europe are not covering my drone which i bought from Amazon marketplace which was a Chinese seller, selling an American drone. just got this from them

Did DJI let you purchase the refresh care package, then inform you it was useless when trying to make a claim?

I just put in the serial number of my Mavic, and bought it with zero hassle. Surely if there was some sort of get restrictions on the refresh package, registering the drone for the package would have been the time to inform us.

This seems crazy - if you're paying for DJI Care anyway shouldn't they replace it regardless of where the warranty is/where the drone came from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

Can some good person put up a link you are using for tracking this is a bummer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement