Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DJI Phantom 3 SE Wifi FPV RC Quadcopter EUR460 incl shipping @Tomtop

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Carpenter wrote: »
    Can some good person put up a link you are using for tracking this is a bummer.

Did they not email you with a link or tracking number?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

Yes I have a number that's all thanks .

Yes I have a number that's all thanks .

It's going by ups so out that number into ups

It says not available

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭arek_s

hi, just ordered DJI 3 SE and thinking what kind of micro SD card are you using for 4K recording...
    do you think this class 10 will work without any issues?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B012VKWQNU/ref=olp_f_new?ie=UTF8&f_new=true&qid=1503667949&sr=1-2

thanks in advance for any recomendations

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭ozmo

arek_s wrote: »
    hi, just ordered DJI 3 SE and thinking what kind of micro SD card are you using for 4K recording...
    do you think this class 10 will work without any issues?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B012VKWQNU/ref=olp_f_new?ie=UTF8&f_new=true&qid=1503667949&sr=1-2

thanks in advance for any recomendations

I have an Ultra 8G I use sometimes- no issue with it-
    Records fine - maybe very slightly slower to extract the videos to the pc than the Evo+.
    There is only a fiver between the 64G versions of these cards so Id go for the faster one.

“Roll it back”

do you have maybe extra batteries from tomtop maybe? are they genuine?

https://www.tomtop.com/dji-other-parts-1121/p-rm7357.html

It says not available
    When did you order. It took 2 days for it to show up as trackable when I received my tracking number

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭The Undecided One

do you have maybe extra batteries from tomtop maybe? are they genuine?

https://www.tomtop.com/dji-other-parts-1121/p-rm7357.html

I have one of those, they are not genuine but it works fine for me.

I would buy another one if I needed it.

• Advertisement

Ordered on the 14th

Ordered on the 14th

This is the site it links to from the email

http://www.17track.net/en

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭smokingman

Word of advice lads, don't fly at night. Had my first crash when I didn't realise the obstacle avoidance didn't work in low light.
    Will assess damage in the morning when I'm sober :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

smokingman wrote: »
    Word of advice lads, don't fly at night. Had my first crash when I didn't realise the obstacle avoidance didn't work in low light.

Don't drink and fly kids.

Hope the damage isn't too severe?

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭markad1

Ordered on the 17.... now on the move.....refresh is worn out

Eindhoven, NL
    26/08/2017 05:03
    Departure Scan

Eindhoven, NL
    25/08/2017 21:15
    Arrival Scan

Utrecht, NL
    25/08/2017 19:45
    Departure Scan

25/08/2017 19:17
    Origin Scan
    NL

19/08/2017 02:30
    Order Processed: Ready for UPS

is obstacle avoidance included in DJI 3 SE?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭The Undecided One

is obstacle avoidance included in DJI 3 SE?

No, the only sensors that it has are the downward ones, to help with auto-landing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭rman2727

After reading loads on this forum, I couldn't resist any longer and just pulled the trigger on a DJi Spark Flymore Combo. Anybody recommend any accessories worthwhile getting? Have the time to get them in now before the drone lands, thanks in advance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

rman2727 wrote: »
    After reading loads on this forum, I couldn't resist any longer and just pulled the trigger on a DJi Spark Flymore Combo. Anybody recommend any accessories worthwhile getting? Have the time to get them in now before the drone lands, thanks in advance.

I got one of these to protect the gimbal : https://www.amazon.co.uk/SKYREAT-Gimbal-Cover-Lens-Spark/dp/B073TRLV16/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1503775109&sr=8-1&keywords=spark+lens

A micro usb -> what ever connector your phone/tablet has might be good to hard wire it too

Rick Shaw wrote: »
    Don't drink and fly kids.

Hope the damage isn't too severe?

Ha, ha, no; I'd never be that stupid.
    Flew it in the dying light of day and while landing it, I noticed it not stopping completely when it came near the wall I was sitting beside.
    While I was suddenly remembering that I had set it to slowly stop for those cinematic shots, it touched a blade off the wall and dropped two feet.

Got a bit annoyed with myself, left everything in the drawer and got drunk....then I posted here :D

No lasting damage though. Had to push the gimbal frame back under the drop guard and re-calibrate everything (including the downward vision sensor via the pc program) but good to go and just about to send her up again now.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Jlayay

Pulled the trigger on the SE. Can anyone vouch for the 4km range? Also any experiences checking these things onto flights? Would like to bring it back to Canada with me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Ha, ha, no; I'd never be that stupid.
    Flew it in the dying light of day and while landing it, I noticed it not stopping completely when it came near the wall I was sitting beside.

I did something nearly identical with the phantom 4. It came down and i was watching from slightly above. It scraped off the fence and then wall as it was coming down.
    Mainly only propellers damaged. But it could have been a lot worse, and was only really beginning to get dark.

My tracking number is a waste of space not a change in 6 days

My tracking number is a waste of space not a change in 6 days

I'm presuming it's not changed as in, it's still in the NL? That's quite normal in all the rest of our experiences.

My guess is you'll have your drone by the end of this week.

As an aside, I might shell out on some nv filters, anyone any recommendations?

This took ages to upload on my crappy Imagine ISP but this is shot in the highest resolution I could use, with an ND-4 & Polarizing filter and some manual video settings I'm not 100% sure were right.

File is "as is" straight from the memory card.

Have to change some of the settings to have smoother transitions but overall, very happy indeed!

Right so - took Ozmos advice and changed the sharpness settings - they were at -2! Below is the re-run and it is a hell of a lot sharper alright.

Also took off the ND-4 filter and put the normal polarizing UV one on instead.
    Left this run with AE on but think I might have to keep that manual from now on as it does seem to take a while to adjust. Mapped the centre focus to the C2 button and hit that a few times to try and make sure I was always in focus.

The movement was a bit jerky as the big firmware update reset a lot of my custom setting to make the movement nice and smooth.

Slowly getting to know this Mavic....lots to go though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

I think I ready this earlier in the thread, but could I confirm?
    Tomtop will look after the customer charges etc? Or am I still liable for them?

I think I ready this earlier in the thread, but could I confirm?
    Tomtop will look after the customer charges etc? Or am I still liable for them?

All already covered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Rick Shaw wrote: »
    All already covered

I seen the word tariffs being mentioned. God know what they refer to as a tariff, does't specifically say they will pay the customer/import tax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I seen the word tariffs being mentioned. God know what they refer to as a tariff, does't specifically say they will pay the customer/import tax.

They will pay any extra charges that you may get asked for when it arrives in Ireland. So any fees will be directed to them.

Just took delivery of my Spark.
    No customs to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭R777B

seannash wrote: »
    Just took delivery of my Spark.
    No customs to pay.

Enjoy it! How many working days did yours take in the end?

• Advertisement

R777B wrote: »
    Enjoy it! How many working days did yours take in the end?
    Ordered on the 14th and got it today so 14 days. so 10 working days

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭sphinx501

seannash wrote: »
    Ordered on the 14th and got it today so 14 days. so 10 working days

Can you share your delivery timeline from the tracking site?

I ordered on the 15th and it has departed Tamworth the early hours of the 26th and no update since :(

sphinx501 wrote: »

I ordered on the 15th and it has departed Tamworth the early hours of the 26th and no update since :(

I'd be surprised if you don't receive it today tbh. Mine never updated either until it was delivered.

You could call up UPS and ask them to check the status of the parcel on their end.

sphinx501 wrote: »

Just be patient, I'm sure it'll be there by tomorrow

Destination CountryOrigin Country - Cache Time: 2017-08-28 12:122017-08-25 18:15 IE, Dublin, Arrival Scan

2017-08-25 08:18 GB, Tamworth, Departure Scan

2017-08-24 16:26 GB, Tamworth, Arrival Scan

2017-08-24 05:51 NL, Eindhoven, Departure Scan

2017-08-24 01:00 NL, Eindhoven, Arrival Scan

2017-08-23 23:59 NL, Utrecht, Departure Scan

2017-08-23 22:15 NL, Utrecht, Origin Scan

2017-08-16 22:17 NL, Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Getting the googles for less than 400 sounds tempting - can anyone explain how topcashback.co.uk works - is it a hassle to actually get the cash back in euros and has anyone here actually got their cash back?

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Price seems to be gone down to 438 euro now and on sale for the next 33 days. Might get one.

ozmo wrote: »
    Getting the googles for less than 400 sounds tempting - can anyone explain how topcashback.co.uk works - is it a hassle to actually get the cash back in euros and has anyone here actually got their cash back?

Oh - just to add - I've been doing the home made version of DJI Goggles - using Litchi and Google Cardboard - good fun :D

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

The ups guy threw my spark over the gate today but luckily it was all ok, charging everything up now, can't wait to give it a blast!

I knew it was small but damm they did a good job of getting all that tech into a small device!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭benji2006

Got my Phantom 3 SE today, Thanks OP - just some notes in case anyone encounters these issues...

I couldn't upgrade the firmware using the app on oneplus 3t phone - the upgrade worked fine however when using an oldish ipad - no idea why it failed, didn't check the log.

After upgrade, I hit "Cannot calibrate compass - too much magnetic interference" even though I had managed to calibrate before upgrade - I followed the simple guidance from here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-3vTmF82mE and used an old small fridge magnet and the compass sorted itself and could calibrate ... it seems something as simple as a magnetized screwdriver can upset the compass.

Now, I can control the aircraft from my oneplus 3t but I don't see the camera view for some reason - using one of the kids android (samsung) tablets, the camera works fine, so that is a bit odd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭fugee

Does the SE need to be registered with the IAA. Not much mention of this on this thread but are all purchasers doing this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 639 ✭✭✭chris1970

got my mavic today ordered 14th nitetime , taken 1.45 to setup , 2 new firmwares to choose from , i took newest one with .1000 i think on it , this issue arose it took a few minutes to rid of it with this ,

Hi DJI Diana....i fixed my mainland china problem with your suggestion.

1. went to a place with enough GPS signal and relaunch the app.

2. Once the app is on and connected to the drone. go to settings and disable "Calibrate Map Coordinates (For China Mainland)

3. Done!! ... that message prompting mainland china number.... wont come on again.

never got a flight in but bought dji refresh package 119 euro mavic pro looks to nice to mess with tonight, told the missus it was 75 euro lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7 rdoggett

Hi Guys, sorry to ask.. I have been reading through entire thread, a little confusing. Could anyone please advise best price they are buying DJI Mavic Pro for ? and what website ? thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭sphinx501

fugee wrote: »
    Does the SE need to be registered with the IAA. Not much mention of this on this thread but are all purchasers doing this?

The SE shows a takeoff weight of 1.23KG, therefore according to IAA regulations, it should be registered. All drones over 1KG should be registered.

https://www.iaa.ie/general-aviation/drones/drone-registration

The Mavic and Spark come in below the 1KG mark, therefore registration is not required if flown below 15M.

However, I am interested to hear myself if anyone has registered with IAA? Or ye all flying below 15M? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

benji2006 wrote:
    I couldn't upgrade the firmware using the app on oneplus 3t phone - the upgrade worked fine however when using an oldish ipad - no idea why it failed, didn't check the log.

DJI - developed for iOS.

Xiaomi - developed for android

Then the apps were ported across to the other platform so there are some bugs. Lucky I'm an android head and got the Xiaomi.

Can you not continue to use your iPad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 489 ✭✭mlumley

|Will the DJI not work on android?

• Advertisement

tedpan wrote: »
    DJI - developed for iOS.
    Xiaomi - developed for android

Then the apps were ported across to the other platform so there are some bugs. Lucky I'm an android head and got the Xiaomi.

the DJi products do work best on IOS devices... Especially good on the IPad Mini 4!

However.... The Mavic and Spark are actually flying Android devices! - internally they are built running Lollipop release Android OS :)

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

mlumley wrote:
    |Will the DJI not work on android?

It will, just not as well. Lots of complaints online and in the playstore.

Is there any drone sub-forum or anything here that we can all help each other with camera/video settings, legal stuff, commercial use ideas and spot places we can meet up or recommend filming?
    Seems there's a lot of us now thanks to this thred (cheers OP!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Thanks OP. Just picked one up for just under €440. Been wanting a drone for a long time but could not justify the price.

Great bargain thanks.

Is there any drone sub-forum or anything here that we can all help each other with camera/video settings, legal stuff, commercial use ideas and spot places we can meet up or recommend filming?
    Seems there's a lot of us now thanks to this thread (cheers OP!).

There is a thread here - a few folks on there already
    DJI Mavic Pro
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=104374972

A meetup would be great to do - lots of tips to share between us - lets see if we can arrange something before winter.

Id suggest to be careful of posting legal stuff, access and heights restrictions- as even in this thread there is conflicting and most likely incorrect rules - the rules are very new and changing often- maybe best to just give a link to the IAA's official site and guidelines and leave it at that?

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement
Advertisement