Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best home broadband deals

• 06-07-2017 10:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭

City centre... currently with virgin, 45 for 30gb per month or 55 if you go over 30.
    Speed is really poor sometimes..can't even stream radio stations a lot if the time lately especially during the day.

Who are people using?... and better deals than this?
    Thanks,
    Marty.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If you're out of contract, get into them and get a deal. If you don't have the white virgin hub then get one off them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

I am out of contract but that's all they'd do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭dunworth1

martyc5674 wrote: »
    City centre... currently with virgin, 45 for 30gb per month or 55 if you go over 30.
    Speed is really poor sometimes..can't even stream radio stations a lot if the time lately especially during the day.

Thanks,
    Marty.

something wrong there regarding the speeds i get onto them about the poor speeds first

dunworth1 wrote: »
    something wrong there regarding the speeds i get onto them about the poor speeds first

Cheers.
    Speed aside it's better value I'm after so looking at competition first.
    Marty.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Thanks,
    Marty.

Eir have a 4G deal, €30 for 50GB. You'd have to buy the router though so it'd be a few months before you'd see the value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭fernrock

Can anybody say if an ordinary standard phone will work with Virgin or, does it have to be cordless.

keane2097 wrote: »

That's a great site...cheers for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭lockman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

fernrock wrote: »
    Can anybody say if an ordinary standard phone will work with Virgin or, does it have to be cordless.

Usually has to be cordless.

• Advertisement

They recommend a DECT phone but I broke mine and was able to use a phone from the early 90s till I got to the shop.

You can use an app on your smartphone too which is handy... Real handy when your abroad as it will work on any network.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

My mother definitely has a cheapo Argos fixed-line phone and it works perfectly plugged into a Virgin Box. It's a black box (about the size of a Sky box) which supplies BB, TV and Phone which was installed about 2 years ago. I don't know if they are supplying the same equipment nowadays.

You can use an app on your smartphone too which is handy... Real handy when your abroad as it will work on any network.

They're discontinuing the app.

Info here:

http://www.boards.ie/ttfpost/103824765

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭fernrock

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    My mother definitely has a cheapo Argos fixed-line phone and it works perfectly plugged into a Virgin Box. It's a black box (about the size of a Sky box) which supplies BB, TV and Phone which was installed about 2 years ago. I don't know if they are supplying the same equipment nowadays.

Thanks folks for all the info

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

Can't fault Virgin media myself. I'm on 240mb bb, TV and free landline calls (paid extra euro per month for free mobile calls too).

I was out of contract in June so fought hard for a good deal. Last year I got half price for 6 months. As UPC I swung a 12 month deal at only 25 per month. Was always breaking Chorus's melt for deals before that. Been with them ages.

New customers can get TV, phone and broadband (240mb) for a fixed 49 per month x 12 month contract.

Hard to beat for what you get. It's usually 90 per month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I had Virgin Media before until they fined me 200 euros as I moved to a place where they don't provide internet. Otherwise their prices are great.

I am with Magnet Internet as they offer internet without any contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Any phone will work.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

Vodafone do unlimited Fibre Broadband for €40 per month for 6 months, €45 thereafter.
    I have them over three years now and have never had a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Vodafone do unlimited Fibre Broadband for €40 per month for 6 months, €45 thereafter.
    I have them over three years now and have never had a problem.

Same here, have the TV aswell good service. UPC were great until Virgin took over throttling speeds on certain streams etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement