Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does Boards Delete Multi-Page Threads?

Options
  • 06-07-2017 11:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭

There was a three page thread on AH about Ireland's ability to protect itself in the event of a terrorist attack; was that thread deleted?

I can't seem to find it anymore.

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

That thread was started by a re-reg troll who has since been banned and had all their posts deleted. Because they started it that meant that the whole thread was deleted as well. However please feel free to start another thread on the subject if you wish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Thanks for responding with detail Zaph.
    I was about to delete my account due to the lack of consideration of poster's efforts in contributing to these threads.

But since it's you, and I'm a huge Hitchhiker fan, I'll stick around.

Please pass on the feedback that mods/admins should be considerate of the time and effort of people (and yes, we are people; not just posters) of the time expended on posting on particular topics.

A practical approach in these situations would have been to make the thread inaccessible but have a note to state why it was inaccessible.
    Otherwise why bother posting .... thinking that there is the possibility that our posts will disappear ............... to make way for a intergalactic super-highway of threads more appeasing to the Vogan mods.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Zaph wrote: »
    That thread was started by a re-reg troll who has since been banned and had all their posts deleted. Because they started it that meant that the whole thread was deleted as well. However please feel free to start another thread on the subject if you wish.

I think there already is another thread on the topic by the same guy. I just saw that he re-regged to post the same thread again and deleted it. The original is 30+ pages long and still recent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Thanks Peregrine.
    Seems like my posts were moved to that thread, so they were not deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement