Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Furniture store in Limerick

• 07-07-2017 7:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭

Is there any good & cheap furniture store, such as likes of Ikea, in Limerick?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Nope. I've been looking for new bedroom furniture and visited a few shops around town this week.

I visited Shannon Furniture, Furniture Warehouse(in Eastway) and McCarthys across from them. Furniture Warehouse and McCarthys seems to sell some similar items(same suppliers I guess) and prices were similar and not bad. Shannon Furniture, somebody told me, that you can show them their Facebook page and you get 10% off.

The place out in Dromkeen is re-opened. At one stage he did have very similar Ikea styled furniture until it burned down. It reopened a few weeks back but I haven't been back out yet.

I'm heading to Ikea Sunday to pick up some things that are small enough to get into a car with 3 adults otherwise I'd buy the bed and all up there. If you get enough in Ikea delivery to Limerick is €69 irrespective of how much you buy up there so €69 to delivery a toilet brush or €69 for a whole load of stuff. It's not a bad price if you're buying enough. If you want them to pick the stuff for you and delivery it then it's €84 which is very good as well. Don't think that can be done over the phone, you'd have to visit the store like it says on this link.

http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/customer-service/services-at-ikea/home-delivery/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

You could try arramount in Coonagh. they are having another(?) renovation sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Thank you very much!

We will head off to Ikea Dublin tomorrow. You're right if we are ordering loads of stuff from Ikea then home delivery makes a sense.

We need sofa cushion, duvet covers, knife set, bathroom mats, candle holders, etc. I guess Ikea has most choices and good prices for these items.
    Berty wrote: »
    Nope. I've been looking for new bedroom furniture and visited a few shops around town this week.

I visited Shannon Furniture, Furniture Warehouse(in Eastway) and McCarthys across from them. Furniture Warehouse and McCarthys seems to sell some similar items(same suppliers I guess) and prices were similar and not bad. Shannon Furniture, somebody told me, that you can show them their Facebook page and you get 10% off.

The place out in Dromkeen is re-opened. At one stage he did have very similar Ikea styled furniture until it burned down. It reopened a few weeks back but I haven't been back out yet.

I'm heading to Ikea Sunday to pick up some things that are small enough to get into a car with 3 adults otherwise I'd buy the bed and all up there. If you get enough in Ikea delivery to Limerick is €69 irrespective of how much you buy up there so €69 to delivery a toilet brush or €69 for a whole load of stuff. It's not a bad price if you're buying enough. If you want them to pick the stuff for you and delivery it then it's €84 which is very good as well. Don't think that can be done over the phone, you'd have to visit the store like it says on this link.

http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/customer-service/services-at-ikea/home-delivery/

Don't forget to get there for the €2.95 breakfast. 6 items you get. :D

Until what time breakfast is on?
    Berty wrote: »
    Don't forget to get there for the €2.95 breakfast. 6 items you get. :D

• Advertisement

Couldn't tell you but it's open from 9:30am so maybe 12pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

Thank you very much!

We will head off to Ikea Dublin tomorrow. You're right if we are ordering loads of stuff from Ikea then home delivery makes a sense.

We need sofa cushion, duvet covers, knife set, bathroom mats, candle holders, etc. I guess Ikea has most choices and good prices for these items.
    From what you have outlined above, you will probably get all you need at Homestore+More in City East Business Park opposite B&Q
    http://www.homestoreandmore.ie/store-locator/limerick/stry/limerick

In terms of prices is it similar prices as compared to Ikea?
    jbkenn wrote: »
    From what you have outlined above, you will probably get all you need at Homestore+More in City East Business Park opposite B&Q
    http://www.homestoreandmore.ie/store-locator/limerick/stry/limerick

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Browse their website. All the prices are the same as in store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

Have you been into Range beside Dunnes Childers Road?

• Advertisement

No i haven't.
    Actually i am new here. Went to Lidl today which was on childers road i think.

We will go to Ikea and sort the stuff. Thanks for letting me know about Range. I will check it after a while.
    Hooked wrote: »
    Have you been into Range beside Dunnes Childers Road?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

You get what you pay for really, Ikea would be the best option if going down the cheap end for a bed frame.

If you're looking for mattresses the place on the ballysimon rd is great, Hannons. I've recommended them now to a few friends and family who were happy customers aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,274 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

+1 for Hannons on the old Ballysimion Road for bedroom furniture. Locally owned business and great to deal with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Look up Ikea Delivery & Assembly Limerick (Flatpack solutions Munster) on facebook - we've used them and its a really good service, you give them your shopping list and a small deposit and they go and get all the stuff for you and bring it back and assemble it, and then you pay them the balance!

Gotten quite a bit of business from us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Jane98

Is there any good & cheap furniture store, such as likes of Ikea, in Limerick?

I have bought 3 bed frames from IKea in the last 2 years and to be honest by the time you add in the cost of a mattress they are not that cheap and qualify is just ok and then there's the hassle of trying to put them together.

Last month I bought a divan bed with mattress and head board from Argos for €360 including delivery. Bed is very comfortable. I would strongly recommend you have a look. It was delivered a week after ordering it.

I needed small stuff like knife set, kitchen utensils, oven pan, etc. Got everything for 120e plus 30e for fuel to Dublin and back.

For bigger furniture i will keep an eye at Argos.
    If anyone looking for a weighing machine then check out Argos. Got a nice machine for 15e
    Jane98 wrote: »
    I have bought 3 bed frames from IKea in the last 2 years and to be honest by the time you add in the cost of a mattress they are not that cheap and qualify is just ok and then there's the hassle of trying to put them together.

Last month I bought a divan bed with mattress and head board from Argos for €360 including delivery. Bed is very comfortable. I would strongly recommend you have a look. It was delivered a week after ordering it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Jane98 wrote: »

Probably personal taste but can't stand divan beds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,928 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Homestore+More is a good store for picking up little things like you were looking for and they are cheap too.

Advertisement