Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Withholding services

Options
  • 07-07-2017 7:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Can you advise of the threshold that Eir have decided is enough people they need before they will finish work on broadband in a development.

I moved into a property in January. Since then 60 or so other houses have been filled. Originally when I contacted eir and advised I was interested they sent a KN technician out to the door. He walked me down the road to a manhole cover, no more than 50 feet from my door and said this is where the line stops, said I'd have to wait. I was only in the door so that was fine, he said it'd be a few weeks but I took that with a pinch of salt.

Since then I've seen the forecasted date roll from March to April to May and then July, since then I've been told September.

The reason well it's not cost effective. So can you please advise of simple how many people eir will need for us to be relevant to you as a company. The development is in newtownmountkennedy so I'm sure you can check how many pending cases you have. Think last count on phone when I was told it's not worth eirs while to complete the work yet was 25.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

recyclops wrote: »
    Hi there,

Can you advise of the threshold that Eir have decided is enough people they need before they will finish work on broadband in a development.

I moved into a property in January. Since then 60 or so other houses have been filled. Originally when I contacted eir and advised I was interested they sent a KN technician out to the door. He walked me down the road to a shower, no more than 50 feet from my door and said this is where the line stops, said I'd have to wait. I was only in the door so that was fine, he said it'd be a few weeks but I took that with a pinch of salt.

Since then I've seen the forecasted date roll from March to April to May and then July, since then I've been told September.

The reason well it's not cost effective. So can you please advise of simple how many people eir will need for us to be relevant to you as a company. The development is in newtownmountkennedy so I'm sure you can check how many pending cases you have. Think last count on phone when I was told it's not worth eirs while to complete the work yet was 25.

Thanks

Same story in every new estate it seems

Rolling monthly dates for works to be completed

Terrible service

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi recyclops,

I'm very sorry to hear this, however, with newly built estates the work that would need to be carried is a lot more extensive and can take longer due to licenses and planning permission that need to be obtained, as well as other factors.

I'm afraid forecast dates are subject to change for these reasons.

As soon as this work is completed an appointment will be arranged to complete work in the premises. I'm afraid due to the nature of work requested not all installations are straightforward and a high level of work will be required. 

An agent will be in touch to arrange your appointment as soon as the work has been carried out.

I'm sorry I can't offer you better news.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭recyclops

Hi Anna, 

Thanks for the reply, regarding the work, in terms of construction it's already laid and good to go, this is confirmed by developer and KN engineer. 

He stated all they need do is come, lay wiring and connect to grid. Advised he could of done it for my block back in Jan but they are waiting for more people in the development instead of coming twice or even three times.

While I understand the development is continually being constructed the lack of discussion, direction and complete disregard from Eir on both service delivery and customer service is appalling. Not onky that they are constantly sending KN engineers out to houses giving people hope of a resolution. 

If I give you the name of the estate can you advise on status and what exactly Eir are waiting for? At least then there is clarity on the matter. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Can you please PM me your full name and account number and I will query this with our Wholesale department?

Thanks,
    Anna

Advertisement