Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coldplay tickets via Seatwave

Options
  • 07-07-2017 8:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Anybody else not received their tickets via the Seatwave website for the concert tomorrow night?

They have claimed delays with the sellers and could be the day of the gig before tickets are released.

Anyone else having this issue
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

They e-tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jacksieoc

Wheety wrote: »
    They e-tickets?

Yeah... when I log in to seatwave it says "awaiting upload"

Was only asking as I'd be worried if they were paper tickets. At least with E-Tickets you could just print them.

Prices haven't dropped as much as I thought they would with the gig being tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Upload tickets means all they have to do is upload off their ticketmaster account?
    Could be the seller may have been going short and trying to pick them up later
    at a lower rate and not managed to get them yet?
    Seatwave do say they will replace tickets that haven't arrived but not sure how they will manage that if the tickets aren't around.
    Let us know how you get on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Is seatwave not the ticketmaster tout site

• Advertisement

bigpink wrote: »
    Is seatwave not the ticketmaster tout site

It is.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,982 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Upload tickets means all they have to do is upload off their ticketmaster account?
    Could be the seller may have been going short and trying to pick them up later
    at a lower rate and not managed to get them yet?
    Seatwave do say they will replace tickets that haven't arrived but not sure how they will manage that if the tickets aren't around.
    Let us know how you get on.

Seatwave will replace them if they can find a suitable alternative (like for like) which is sometimes unlikely in a lot of instances at short notice. They usually just refund the buyer which generally isn't the satisfactory outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

A quick search on Twitter seems to suggest that a few people haven't yet received tickets for tomorrow night and are being refunded.

120 tickets still on Seatwave for this. I really thought prices would drop but people have bought tickets for 2 or 300 Euro today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jacksieoc

Seatwave have come back- can't locate the seller and are refunding me. Absolutely gutted to be missing the concert. Cannot believe that this organisation is allowed to do this. I bought the tickets in October and they didn't start chasing until two days ago. What an absolute farce.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Coldplay tickets were still being sold today on TM.

You would think the least they could do (as they are seatwave) is to hold back these and at least offer them to people who were screwed over.

I believe the scam is that people sign up to seatwave and are selling tickets they do not have. They hope to buy cheap(er) tickets in the run up to the gig which they then sell. So they will often leave it last minute hoping they will drop. The tickets do not drop so they just do not buy them. They might be kicked off seatwave but I think it is easy enough to sign up again under a different name.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,982 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

rubadub wrote: »

You would think the least they could do (as they are seatwave) is to hold back these and at least offer them to people who were screwed over.

I believe the scam is that people sign up to seatwave and are selling tickets they do not have. They hope to buy cheap(er) tickets in the run up to the gig which they then sell. So they will often leave it last minute hoping they will drop. The tickets do not drop so they just do not buy them. They might be kicked off seatwave but I think it is easy enough to sign up again under a different name.

AND sellers will sign up with a security credit card with a tiny limit so the threat of having to pay for a replacement ticket if their ticket isn't delivered is useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

People seem to think the restrictions are brand new and/or totally outrageous or new.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

rubadub wrote: »

yep, a lot of tickets that appear straight away for sold out gigs are just touts that don't have tickets speculating and hoping to pick up a ticket later for less than the sell a ticket for on Seatwave (or DoneDeal or wherever really).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

The sooner this bollocks is regulated the better it's an utter cartel

Advertisement