Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Killers - 3 Arena - Thursday 16th November

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭chocksaway

absolute crowd of f*cking pricks. 9.01 and it was sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

Was trying for a friend here at work. Was in on the sale no more than 5 seconds after they went on sale and standing tickets all gone.

Makes zero sense other than Ticketmaster/Seatwave taking the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

Managed to get seated tickets bit higher than I'd like but after the disaster of presale I won't complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

... 4 machines here, no standing

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭airbusa320

2 seated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

2 standing!! the boyfriend is a legend :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I got VIP seated in Block D in the presale as I just said f*ck it for a change and thank god. No seats at all available today. I knew it would sell out but not that fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,251 ✭✭✭ongarite

Tickets showing up in seating still on the phone app, nothing on desktop site

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭TheIrishPC

Had a really long day Thursday and overslept this morning. Got onto Ticketmaster at 9.02. Sold out. Gutted.

My only compensation is when I saw them 4 years ago, I was close enough to high five Brandon Flowers.

TheIrishPC wrote: »
    Had a really long day Thursday and overslept this morning. Got onto Ticketmaster at 9.02. Sold out. Gutted.

My only compensation is when I saw them 4 years ago, I was close enough to high five Brandon Flowers.
    Still seated available now. Try again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Had app and laptop open for 9am on the dot. Nothing. Tried for standing but all sold out, apparently.

Say this every time, but it's such a terrible, terrible system. Attempting to buy tickets is a torturous experience.

Well done to anyone who did manage to get the tickets your wanted.

There's standing tickets on the app now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

Just tried the app and it's giving me 2 standing...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Standing still available on app. Section GA3 which is usually the last allocation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Just got 2 standing this second on mobile

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

No standing appearing on the website...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Been trying the app and website constantly since 9am but getting nothing. How are others able to? :mad:

nothing on the app for me anyway..did ye just keep refreshing non stop?

nothing on the app for me anyway..did ye just keep refreshing non stop?

Yeah over and over I was tapping on mobile, I had given up hope then out the blue 2 standing

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Kemboi

Just got 2 seated this second, mobile site, keep trying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭remoh

Was first in the queue this morning outside ticket master shop, I got tickets I wanted but next person was told no standing left. They had to get seating at the back. Something not right here. A lot of unhappy people..

remoh wrote: »
    Was first in the queue this morning outside ticket master shop, I got tickets I wanted but next person was told no standing left. They had to get seating at the back. Something not right here. A lot of unhappy people..

Thats not right, and people still getting standing at 9.22.

Whats it going to take to have Seatwave and Viagogo tackled so that theya re no longer a safe haven for d1ckheads who want to sell tickets at disgusting prices anonymously? Its going to be the same for every gig. And has been.

Whats it going to take to have Seatwave and Viagogo tackled so that theya re no longer a safe haven for d1ckheads who want to sell tickets at disgusting prices anonymously? Its going to be the same for every gig. And has been.

Getting tickets for gigs around 9:20/30 has happened me a few times ,once I actually logged in at 9:15 as I thought they were on sale then and by pure fluke like today got standing, you'd have to wonder why they hold off tickets till then

Id love to know how their system actually works. I was trying since 9am for standing and none popped up on 2 laptops, a phone and an ipad. 2 seats popped up once (standing was selected though).

As i typed this 2 standing popped up... Keep trying!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,420 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Don't follow this band, but was trying to book 3 seats for a family member. No luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭Wheety

Just tried 2 of the early entry and got standing. I already have tickets so will be releasing them. If someone is going to pay extra might as well buy them direct and get something extra for your money.

This is what you get:
    To include –
    Early Entry standing ticket
    Exclusive piece of merch chosen by the band
    Souvenir Killers Laminate
    Check in desk and VIP host
    Doors 5.30

Was €141 per ticket though. Still cheaper than Seatwave.

Also 2 seats in block D have just popped up so keep trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

I can only guess that those who have managed (luckily!) to secure standing seats 20 minutes after TicketMaster has said the event is sold out, are tickets that were queued to someone else and the time on holding those had lapsed, so they returned to available status.

The reality is: TicketMaster don't give a fúck. They really don't. As long as their ticket allocation is sold, their job is done. They don't care who receives the tickets. If they did have some semblance of a moral compass, they wouldn't be allowing 'people' to sell their tickets on SeatWave within minutes of having been purchased from TicketMaster. Moreover, if they really cared, they would put a cap on how much resale value can be set at - which should never exceed an extra 20%, imo.

TicketMaster is SeatWave, and SeatWave is TicketMaster. Why Irish journalism hasn't investigated this cronyism yet perplexes the mind. This is more obvious than Trump having connections to Russia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

I got two standing tickets on the App at 9.01 without any issue whatsoever. One of the easiest purchases in all my years!

Friends of mine who were also on the App and laptops couldn’t get anything.

It's a complete lottery and I've often been on the losing end.

There's Early Entry and VIP still available on TM

• Advertisement

I'm consistently getting 'Premium' tickets in block D on Ticketmaster. I'm probably not helping the situation but I'm just curious if they are more being released back into the pot.

Advertisement