Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Killers - 3 Arena - Thursday 16th November

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Kavanaghdk

I have to say that ticketmaster is a complete joke. I logged in at 9 on the button, i got 4 tickets for block l , and then i was asked do you want parking, i said yes, then it said how would you like to receive tickets and gave me the option of by post, i said yes, then they come back and say sorry this option isn't available, so i try and leave the option of by post, and then when tried to confirm booking of tickets it redirected me to I'm not a f××××ng poxy robot. The worst website ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Wheety wrote: »
    I'm consistently getting 'Premium' tickets in block D on Ticketmaster. I'm probably not helping the situation but I'm just curious if they are more being released back into the pot.

The app seems to be the better way to go. Few here have gotten tickets in the past half hour, I got mine less than 10 mins ago, standing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

Falthyron wrote: »
    Moreover, if they really cared, they would put a cap on how much resale value can be set at - which should never exceed an extra 20%, imo.

Ticketmasters fee on Seatwave is a percentage of the sale price. They're never going to set a cap on pricing. Proper limits on the number of tickets you can purchase is whats needed to start. It should be 4 max per credit card I was able to buy 8 tickets in Tuesdays pre-sale. Good news for me and my friends but absolute madness in reality. The 3 Arena only holds 9,500.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭TheIrishPC

I was offered upper tire at the back, but I let them go after some consultation. Ticketmaster have a habit of releasing better seats/standing closer to the date, so if I check in November I might get better. Plus I was there for Kings of Leon in 2010, and it wasn't great from up there, so for €84, I'd want something decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I think we can all come on here and be fairly bitter, (after U2 and Coldplay it's my third no beuno on TM so far), but the truth is they only have 4000 or so standing tickets, and the Killers were a huge band a few years ago, with a pretty strong legion of fans. Without radical action (ah la Radiohead) there will always be touts, facilitated by Seatwave or not.

At least on Seatwave people don't get scammed. It was sad to hear the stories of people standing outside Croke Park, fake tickets, listening to Coldplay. :(

• Advertisement

errlloyd wrote: »
    I think we can all come on here and be fairly bitter, (after U2 and Coldplay it's my third no beuno on TM so far), but the truth is they only have 4000 or so standing tickets, and the Killers were a huge band a few years ago, with a pretty strong legion of fans. Without radical action (ah la Radiohead) there will always be touts, facilitated by Seatwave or not.

At least on Seatwave people don't get scammed. It was sad to hear the stories of people standing outside Croke Park, fake tickets, listening to Coldplay. :(

As bad as they are (and they ARE bad) with Seatwave and Viagogo, when you pay extra you are paying for a peace of mind. While it's still sh1te that you wont get in if you got a fake ticket, at least you are guaranteed your money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Ticketmasters fee on Seatwave is a percentage of the sale price. They're never going to set a cap on pricing. Proper limits on the number of tickets you can purchase is whats needed to start. It should be 4 max per credit card I was able to buy 8 tickets in Tuesdays pre-sale. Good news for me and my friends but absolute madness in reality. The 3 Arena only holds 9,500.

It's 13,000 for standing concerts, but that's beyond the point. Completely agree, allowing 8 tickets per customer was madness. The 4 tickets limit has caused me issue before (often I need 5) but overall I bet it does more good than harm.

Even looking past the Seatwave issue, the system is appalling. As people have said, it's a complete lottery. People can search for tickets before others and yet the latter will only find some.

With seats it's even worse. The 'worse' seats often get released first, pressuring people to buy those before it eventually filters around to the 'better' seats.

It's not right. Ticketmaster has a complete monopoly on tickets in Ireland and it's destroying the experience for people. It's bad in UK too but at least they have SeeTickets, Ticketweb, GigsandTours etc. to help a bit.

However, at the end of the day Ticketmaster is making a lot of people a lot of money. So there'll be no rush to change things, sadly.

Plenty of people getting caught out there too, unfortunately.

You don't actually have to have tickets to make a listing on Seatwave. I know of two incidences for Coldplay's gig where friends have bought Seatwave tickets a month after the tickets sold out on Ticketmaster. So naturally, both assumed they had tickets now, booked accommodation and travel, only to not get tickets in the end.

The seller didn't upload their tickets (because they gambled on being able to find and sell tickets) in the end and Ticketmaster informed both my friends the day before the concert that their transaction was cancelled. They got refunds but that doesn't begin to scratch the surface.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

TM got a booking fee on the original sale, get a % on the seatwave price and then have the stones to charge another £27.99 booking fee ... and their justifications (apart from ticket integrity) made me laugh

peejay1986 wrote: »
    Plenty of people getting caught out there too, unfortunately.

You don't actually have to have tickets to make a listing on Seatwave. I know of two incidences for Coldplay's gig where friends have bought Seatwave tickets a month after the tickets sold out on Ticketmaster. So naturally, both assumed they had tickets now, booked accommodation and travel, only to not get tickets in the end.

The seller didn't upload their tickets (because they gambled on being able to find and sell tickets) in the end and Ticketmaster informed both my friends the day before the concert that their transaction was cancelled. They got refunds but that doesn't begin to scratch the surface.

The only consolation is the fact that the seller then has to pay the full fee of the ticket, and possible penalties. Means feck all to the fella outside the Aviva 5 minutes before the show without a way in, but at least its a deterrent

• Advertisement

The only consolation is the fact that the seller then has to pay the full fee of the ticket, and possible penalties. Means feck all to the fella outside the Aviva 5 minutes before the show without a way in, but at least its a deterrent

Sadly not, there's ways around that using cards with incredibly low limits so the consequences are very low. Regardless the touts will have multiple listings making them a fortunes. So they can take a hit on one or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

The booking fee for 2x of the 'cheapest' standing tickets on SeatWave is almost the same price as one seated ticket on TicketMaster.

422365.jpg

TicketMaster reading all the comments on Twitter right now:

422366.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

There's still VIP seated tickets block l available on the app. €158 each though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭Wheety

TM got a booking fee on the original sale, get a % on the seatwave price and then have the stones to charge another £27.99 booking fee ... and their justifications (apart from ticket integrity) made me laugh

I remember reading somewhere either on Seatwave or Viagogo that the fee for electronic tickets (they charge extra no matter what delivery method you choose), is for the storage of the electronic tickets :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Kavanaghdk

viv2 wrote: »
    There's still VIP seated tickets block l available on the app. €158 each though.

Thanks for that, but at that price i can't afford it, i didn't mind paying 100 each for 4 of us, but that's too expensive. Have a great weekend

I was checking Adverts.ie all week before Coldplay. Got a ticket at face value off the soundest guy, which was rare, because I kept checking for my girlfriend, and the minimum price people were charging was 150 for standing. It's pure greed as well because of the desperate measure people go to to get tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

TheIrishPC wrote: »
    I was checking Adverts.ie all week before Coldplay. Got a ticket at face value off the soundest guy, which was rare, because I kept checking for my girlfriend, and the minimum price people were charging was 150 for standing. It's pure greed as well because of the desperate measure people go to to get tickets

Ah yeah, I used toutless where there were some tickets but lots of demand. There are plenty of sound people around who are willing to sell at face value, even though they know they can make a profit. Hoping to get the same for the killers, I'll never buy off a tout though. These days I could afford to, but I am not feeding that Monster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭robwen

Same guy has 2 seperate listings for 2 tickets on ebay already, pure sickening what a d1ck, can this be reported??

https://www.ebay.ie/sch/i.html?_odkw=the+killers+3+arena&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.TRS0&_nkw=the+killers+3+arena&_sacat=0

I just kept refreshing in hope really and at 10.38am, a standing ticket showed up. Delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Ebay don't have anything against touting afaik, what could you report him for?

He probably bought 4 to tout and easier to sell as pairs.

(touts are scum I don't disagree)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

robwen wrote: »
    Same guy has 2 seperate listings for 2 tickets on ebay already, pure sickening what a d1ck, can this be reported??

https://www.ebay.ie/sch/i.html?_odkw=the+killers+3+arena&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.TRS0&_nkw=the+killers+3+arena&_sacat=0

and "EUR 9.99 postage" FFS....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Ticketmaster suck. Something seriously needs to be done about them and Seatwave. Just crazy and so unfair for genuine fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Lost20151

I've been trying since 9am. Two standing tickets came up on the app for me 5mins ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

One night for Dublin and a ticket limit of 8 per person is just asking for trouble.
    The limit in the UK was 4 per person.
    The Killers are huge,easily one of the most popular bands around ,they could easily do 2-3 nights in the 3arena.

Most tickets must have been sold in the presale ,this seems to be the new model,sell as much as possible in the presale and leave crumbs for the general sale,which is a disgrace in my opinion.

Another thing ,a rhetorical question, why are the tickets for Belfast £60-62 ,but Dublin is 65-97 euro ?
    We are always told ticket prices in Ireland are higher due to transport cost from the UK but once the gear is on the Island prices should be similar enough .
    The 3arena is 33% larger capacity wise too .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Seating available again now

mightyreds wrote: »
    Seating available again now

Not seeing anything myself, on app or desktop, standing or seating :(

Just looking at the Killers' tour dates. Plenty of a gap between Dublin and the previous show in Manchester. Maybe(!) they'll add another date. Certainly demand for one anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭CapriSunFun

I just kept refreshed the app and got 2 early entry tickets, so keep trying with the app guys!

Also, what comes with the early entry tickets? I bought them on an impulse, just wanna know if it's worth it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

I just managed to get 2x standing tickets! I used the App and kept spamming search. No idea as to how or why 2x standing tickets became available more than two hours after going on sale.

My guess? TicketMaster moved some of their allocated SeatWave tickets back to general release as demand was high and knew they would sell anyway.

Hopefully fans on here get a ticket!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭mightyreds

peejay1986 wrote: »
    Not seeing anything myself, on app or desktop, standing or seating :(

Just looking at the Killers' tour dates. Plenty of a gap between Dublin and the previous show in Manchester. Maybe(!) they'll add another date. Certainly demand for one anyway.

They are still coming up for me keep spamming the search as people have said

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭CapriSunFun

Falthyron wrote: »
    I just managed to get 2x standing tickets! I used the App and kept spamming search. No idea as to how or why 2x standing tickets became available more than two hours after going on sale.

My guess? TicketMaster moved some of their allocated SeatWave tickets back to general release as demand was high and knew they would sell anyway.

Hopefully fans on here get a ticket!

Yeah they must have just released a bunch of tickets back onto ticketmaster in the past few mins. I feel a bit sick now that you managed to get two standing and I had to get 2 early entry tickets D:

Advertisement