Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Killers - 3 Arena - Thursday 16th November

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭Wheety

peejay1986 wrote: »
    Not seeing anything myself, on app or desktop, standing or seating :(

Just looking at the Killers' tour dates. Plenty of a gap between Dublin and the previous show in Manchester. Maybe(!) they'll add another date. Certainly demand for one anyway.

They're playing Manchester on the Monday, Dublin on Thursday with Depeche Mode in 3 Arena on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Wheety wrote: »
    They're playing Manchester on the Monday, Dublin on Thursday with Depeche Mode in 3 Arena on Wednesday.

Playing Manchester on Tuesday too ,there is no gap to add an extra date.
    They would have to come back a few weeks later.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

Got 2 standing at 10.30. Flipping delighted! Ended up paying that cancellation insurance in my haste to book but for the 8 quid I couldnt give a toss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Yeah they must have just released a bunch of tickets back onto ticketmaster in the past few mins. I feel a bit sick now that you managed to get two standing and I had to get 2 early entry tickets D:

That's a bit shít alright. Sorry to hear that. :( On the brightside (see what I did there?!) you will be up the very front before anyone else! Keep me a spot! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Just got 2 more standing tickets for friends by refreshing the APP about 10 times.

Seats in Block A also seem to be available now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Ahh...balls :(

mightyreds wrote: »
    They are still coming up for me keep spamming the search as people have said

Got offered two tickets in Block A, right at the back in the corner. Literally the worst seats I could be offered. Couldn't bring myself to buy them, so can't say I wasn't offered anything now.

No standing ones appearing...yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Are Seatwave paying the papers to write these stories after every sellout gig to direct people to their site.
    http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/music-news/irish-fans-disappointed-as-the-killers-3arena-gig-sells-out-in-minutes-35930584.html
    Yeah they must have just released a bunch of tickets back onto ticketmaster in the past few mins. I feel a bit sick now that you managed to get two standing and I had to get 2 early entry tickets D:

That's one of Ticketmasters favourite tricks ,pretend normal tickets are sold out so they can plug the overpriced early entry and VIP junk .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

so sick of trying to get tickets for stuff and seeing them on seatwave moments after being sold out for twice or more of the price

Keep spamming 'Find Tickets' and then go back when the page says no tickets available. I did that for almost ten minutes (tedious, I know), and it worked for me. I had selected Standing Tickets as my search criteria.

Who knows how many tickets are remaining - TicketMaster could be releasing them in waves over the day - so keep at it and hopefully you will get a ticket.

Falthyron wrote: »
    Keep spamming 'Find Tickets' and then go back when the page says no tickets available. I did that for almost ten minutes (tedious, I know), and it worked for me. I had selected Standing Tickets as my search criteria.

Who knows how many tickets are remaining - TicketMaster could be releasing them in waves over the day - so keep at it and hopefully you will get a ticket.

when you say go back do you mean like go back from the search page and go back in?

• Advertisement

magnumbud wrote: »
    when you say go back do you mean like go back from the search page and go back in?

No. I selected 'Find Tickets' on the App and then the page (Sorry, no tickets were found...) appears. When that comes up, I press the back button on my phone where I can select 'Find Tickets' again. I kept doing that for around ten minutes and eventually, I was offered two standing tickets instead of the 'Sorry, no tickets were found' page.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭finto

so sick of trying to get tickets for stuff and seeing them on seatwave moments after being sold out for twice or more of the price
    I honestly think these tickets were on Seatwave from the 3 Presale on Tuesday.  I got 2 standing in the Presale, and said Id check seatwave for the Laugh. And yep, as I expected tickets were already up and ready to go.  Crazy Stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

statto25 wrote: »
    Got 2 standing at 10.30. Flipping delighted! Ended up paying that cancellation insurance in my haste to book but for the 8 quid I couldnt give a toss.

Should be able to cancel it without penalty. All insurance sold in Ireland has a cool down penalty free opt out period.

Toast wrote: »
    Should be able to cancel it without penalty. All insurance sold in Ireland has a cool down penalty free opt out period.

I'm afraid I'd make a hames of it and cancel the tickets!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

finto wrote: »
    I honestly think these tickets were on Seatwave from the 3 Presale on Tuesday.  I got 2 standing in the Presale, and said Id check seatwave for the Laugh. And yep, as I expected tickets were already up and ready to go.  Crazy Stuff

I'd imagine these were speculative tickets more than anything else. Touts placing a listing for say €250 to get early buyers and then trying after to secure the tickets afterwards (by presale or general sale) knowing they have a sale, it's unfortunately too common.

Why does everyone think it's speculative selling? Same was being said in the Rag'N'Bone man thread. I would have thought there are a lot of people just buying to sell. If you sell and then buy on Seatwave, you will be paying a lot of fees and would need a huge difference in price to make it worth while.

statto25 wrote: »
    I'm afraid I'd make a hames of it and cancel the tickets!

If you contact Ticketmaster they will cancel the insurance for you.

If you contact Ticketmaster they will cancel the insurance for you.

Cheers I might do that. It's only 8 quid so it's not a biggie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Moments after? They've been on seatwave since the presale

Joke.

1) TM should be forced to either close (preferably) or sell seatwave. Complete conflict of interest there. Saying selller sets the price is like piratebay style of defence

2) tickets should be limited to official outlets only until just before the gig at best. Touts bought loads in the presale knowing they could double their money within 24 hours in some cases, if touts had no platform to sell them and no way to quickly flip them it would go some way to helping.

It's absolutely galling to see tickets for sale minutes after sell out for mad prices

3) ID and proper verification should be introduced at the venues

However I don't think any changes are going to happen. Too much money to do the talking, we're just the cash cows ripe for milking.

Noticed that there are single seats left in the VIP area if anyone wants to go solo. If you go to the ticket page and put '1' after the www you will see the new website which lets you pick seats.

• Advertisement

Why does everyone think it's speculative selling? Same was being said in the Rag'N'Bone man thread. I would have thought there are a lot of people just buying to sell. If you sell and then buy on Seatwave, you will be paying a lot of fees and would need a huge difference in price to make it worth while.

It happens because you've a much easier time finding a buyer three days before general release who will be panicking about no tickets when it goes on sale and just wants to get them.

Sure if a tout sells standing tickets at 165, they stand to make maybe 50 profit per ticket, buy 8 and it's €400 profit for little to no work. And if they can't get the tickets, then the sale falls through, the buyers get a refund which is useless and the sellers just walk away. No loss to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

Do people really think touts get that many tickets or are the just venting their frustration? There's currently 116 on Seatwave, thats less than 1%

Do people really think touts get that many tickets or are the just venting their frustration? There's currently 116 on Seatwave, thats less than 1%

There have been a rake already sold on Seatwave so it's not just what's available.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Buck

Personally I believe that Seatwave has created touts out of ordinary people.
    In the past you might have bought 2 tickets to use yourself but now you might buy 4, 2 to use and 2 to sell. Depending on the concert you might cover the cost of your own tickets buy selling the other 2.
    I'm raging with how Ticketmaster can get away with this, not only do they charge a service charge for each individual ticket but they can charge a commission and a service charge on the Seatwave tickets too....and nothing physical has happened.
    It's not the same for Ticketmaster in France. Was looking at Coldplay tickets for next Tuesday and (if I remember correctly) I was only being charged a total of €0.50 for the transaction...... now I have to go have another look to be sure :)

Completely wrong - tickets for Coldplay on Stade De France site and not Ticketmaster.

Buck wrote: »
    Personally I believe that Seatwave has created touts out of ordinary people.
    In the past you might have bought 2 tickets to use yourself but now you might buy 4, 2 to use and 2 to sell. Depending on the concert you might cover the cost of your own tickets buy selling the other 2

This is what I think is happening. It's so easy now for armchair touts. Buy some extra tickets just to sell. I reckon people with no interest in a concert are buying them purely to sell too. I don't think Ticketmaster are shifting them straight over to Seatwave or that ticket bots are as prevalent as some would have you believe.

I just think, with the demand for some tickets, that the ordinary punter sees it as a way of making easy money.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭TheIrishPC

Moments after? They've been on seatwave since the presale

Joke.

1) TM should be forced to either close (preferably) or sell seatwave. Complete conflict of interest there. Saying selller sets the price is like piratebay style of defence

2) tickets should be limited to official outlets only until just before the gig at best. Touts bought loads in the presale knowing they could double their money within 24 hours in some cases, if touts had no platform to sell them and no way to quickly flip them it would go some way to helping.

It's absolutely galling to see tickets for sale minutes after sell out for mad prices

3) ID and proper verification should be introduced at the venues

However I don't think any changes are going to happen. Too much money to do the talking, we're just the cash cows ripe for milking.

That's what they're doing for Ed Sheeran, the card holder has to be there with proper ID. However it's only the cardholder, so I think the touts are going to go in with them, with their ID, then wander off with their profit, not caring about the gig

TheIrishPC wrote: »
    That's what they're doing for Ed Sheeran, the card holder has to be there with proper ID. However it's only the cardholder, so I think the touts are going to go in with them, with their ID, then wander off with their profit, not caring about the gig

I do hope they do it but I've been to U2, Michael McIntyre, Robbie Williams and Michael Buble at the 3Arena which all required ID and the named person on the ticket to attend the gig and I was never asked once for any verification.

The only solution is for that recently proposed legislation to pass criminalising sales over 110% of face value as Seatwave, DoneDeal etc will close/prohibit sales as they'd be caught as facilitators.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

There was 200 this morning and all. Fair early.

There was 200 this morning and all. Fair early.

its also not just seatwave theres other sites like viagogo, donedeal, ebay etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

The only solution is for that recently proposed legislation to pass criminalising sales over 110% of face value as Seatwave, DoneDeal etc will close/prohibit sales as they'd be caught as facilitators.
    What do you think will happen to ticket prices if that happens?

Advertisement