Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Killers - 3 Arena - Thursday 16th November

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

3) ID and proper verification should be introduced at the venues

However I don't think any changes are going to happen. Too much money to do the talking, we're just the cash cows ripe for milking.
    Ticketmaster tried this last year at U2. No tickets were issued, you just swiped the credit card used to pay for the tickets on the way in, and all guests had to enter at the same time. Completly made it tout-proof.

However, it also made it Irish-person-proof, and resulted in hundreds of sob stories about how "my little Johnny wants to go but I had to buy them on my credit card". Ticketmaster had loads of calls about it, as did Joe Duffy. Wasn't worth the hassle to them

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Shedite27 wrote: »
    What do you think will happen to ticket prices if that happens?

Seems to work fine in Queensland, Australia as one example?

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Ticketmaster tried this last year at U2. No tickets were issued, you just swiped the credit card used to pay for the tickets on the way in, and all guests had to enter at the same time. Completly made it tout-proof.

Only partially correct. They didn't enforce it for seated tickets and as a result they skyrocketed in price on the secondhand market.

Also it didn't stop touts walking people through the door.

It certainly wasn't completely tout-proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

Going to try for Belfast? Is it too late to pre order the album for presale tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

Qprmeath wrote: »
    Going to try for Belfast? Is it too late to pre order the album for presale tickets?

Id say Belfast is sold out too. Tickets went on sale same day as Dublin afaik. They had messed up album presale codes and at one stage the Dublin link brought up Belfast tickets. Whole thing was a disaster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Got 2 seated tickets - I was trying by laptop but it slowed down a lot when 9am came which was a stupid time to slow down. They should be prepared for the amount of traffic. I decided to try out the app on my phone when I noticed it had slowed downed which gave me tickets while the laptop was still trying to upload page. Can't be my wifi when the phone worked ok.

Think the app is the way to go first before laptop again going by my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭Wheety

Marje wrote: »
    Got 2 seated tickets - I was trying by laptop but it slowed down a lot when 9am came which was a stupid time to slow down. They should be prepared for the amount of traffic. I decided to try out the app on my phone when I noticed it had slowed downed which gave me tickets while the laptop was still trying to upload page. Can't be my wifi when the phone worked ok.

Think the app is the way to go first before laptop again going by my experience.

I tend to have both on the go but the app has won a couple of times lately. Also offering me standing when laptop only has rubbish seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭cailinoBAC

I got two seated tickets, was on mobile site at 9am, as soon as they went on sale it transferred me to main site, had to start from beginning, do a search, thought all was lost!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/consumer/music-fan-cries-foul-over-tickets-selling-out-in-one-minute-by-9-01am-1.3155238?mode=sample&auth-failed=1&pw-origin=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.irishtimes.com%2Fnews%2Fconsumer%2Fmusic-fan-cries-foul-over-tickets-selling-out-in-one-minute-by-9-01am-1.3155238

Not me, but pretty much my experience - all standing gone by the time I got through at 9.01 and offered 2 at the very back of BLock K. Didn't bother with them. Thanks for all the advice during the week

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/consumer/music-fan-cries-foul-over-tickets-selling-out-in-one-minute-by-9-01am-1.3155238?mode=sample&auth-failed=1&pw-origin=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.irishtimes.com%2Fnews%2Fconsumer%2Fmusic-fan-cries-foul-over-tickets-selling-out-in-one-minute-by-9-01am-1.3155238

Not me, but pretty much my experience - all standing gone by the time I got through at 9.01 and offered 2 at the very back of BLock K. Didn't bother with them. Thanks for all the advice during the week

I don't have a Times subscription.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

Heading says it all - at 9.01 all sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Heading says it all - at 9.01 all sold out.

There should really be clarification from Ticketmaster as to what their definition of sold out means. I got my tickets at 9.40. Tickets may not have been available at 9.01, but loads of sales are still not finalised, meaning the tickets are available after a few minutes.

Ticketmaster seem to be relatively on the ball for queries on Twitter, except for the question "Is this sold out? Am I wasting my time?" I'd say they don't even know themselves when something is sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

viv2 wrote: »
    Id say Belfast is sold out too. Tickets went on sale same day as Dublin afaik. They had messed up album presale codes and at one stage the Dublin link brought up Belfast tickets. Whole thing was a disaster.

Actually I just got an email from SSE for a presale for Belfast on Wednesday and it seems the general sale for Belfast isn't until next Fri ,21st .

Zardoz wrote: »
    Actually I just got an email from SSE for a presale for Belfast on Wednesday and it seems the general sale for Belfast isn't until next Fri ,21st .

Think he meant fan club presale is sold out.

Zardoz wrote: »

Think he meant fan club presale is sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

SSE presale for Belfast is on there

SSE presale for Belfast is on there

Got 2 standing for Belfast just now

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

does anyone have a presale code for belfast?

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Thanks. Tried that but they seem to be sold out already. I've a feeling im not going to be able to get tickets at all :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭chocksaway

belfast is sold out now if anyone was trying. got no tickets for that either

chocksaway wrote: »
    belfast is sold out now if anyone was trying. got no tickets for that either

Managed to get five tickets for Belfast. Had to get seated ones but dont mind. Nice little road trip to look forward to now yay :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

Got 4 standing at 9:01 then Ticketmaster malfunctioned... Tried a few times after that but all gone.. 9:15 on my phone I tried 4 and got 4 standing then.

I find adding the 1 after www gives you a better idea of what's going on and you ca actually pick a row if they do drop more.

At the moment only wheelchair spaces. But I've been successful a few times later on release day when it looked liked they were sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭chocksaway

My girlfriend used the app at about 10 this morning and somehow managed to get 4 tickets for us and some mates. Gonna be an epic weekend but God only knows how ticketmaster works at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

chocksaway wrote: »
    My girlfriend used the app at about 10 this morning and somehow managed to get 4 tickets for us and some mates. Gonna be an epic weekend but God only knows how ticketmaster works at all!

That's actually how I managed to get the standing tickets last Friday- constantly back and forth on the app and then at 9.40 I got sorted. Then other gigs the app won't work at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Buck

Hi All ,
    I managed to get myself 2 tickets to see The Killers in Manchester on 13th November. However, something has come up and I cannot go now. I got the tickets on Songkick and don't think I can get a refund, has anyone any idea of how I can sell these on? Not as easy as Seatwave.
    Thanks,
    B

Buck wrote: »
    Hi All ,
    I managed to get myself 2 tickets to see The Killers in Manchester on 13th November. However, something has come up and I cannot go now. I got the tickets on Songkick and don't think I can get a refund, has anyone any idea of how I can sell these on? Not as easy as Seatwave.
    Thanks,
    B

Have a similar problem myself. Bought two gorillaz tickets and am going alone. Only outlet I could find is using Viagogo who insist I walk the buyer in which is obviously no help when you have to sell both tickets. They seem impossible to sell on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Has anyone received their physical tickets yet?

Granted, the gig is not 'til November so it may be a bit early yet.... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Have a similar problem myself. Bought two gorillaz tickets and am going alone. Only outlet I could find is using Viagogo who insist I walk the buyer in which is obviously no help when you have to sell both tickets. They seem impossible to sell on.

You should be able to sell them for face value on Twickets, they are the official resale platform https://www.twickets.live/tour/gorillaz-tickets/867076594714288128

For the Killers tickets, you can resell them wherever you want, there are no restrictions.

Advertisement