Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a hairdressers

Options
  • 07-07-2017 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Hi there,

Mods feel free to move this if in the wrong forum.

I'm looking for some suggestions on a good hairdressers, in Dublin area, city centre Dublin 9, 11 mostly northside.

Quick back story, have had bad experiences with past four or five hairdressers that I have used. I have naturally curly hair and yes I have a lot of it. Now I am somewhat boring as in I like to just get colour/roots done and a trim and a straight blow dry. my bad experiences seem to be the same with all hairdressers, they comment quite frequently that I have "a lot of hair" and often follow this with a sigh and a roll on the eyes leaving me feeling very much under compliment to them, if I could colour my hair myself I would but seen as you're a hairdresser I didn't think this would be a problem, also as I seem to just want a plain old colour and trim and blow dry they just don't seem interested, one example hairdresser was half way through blow drying my hair and his next appointment came in about ten mins early he stopped blow drying my hair and left half head wet, as his next client as he said needed his attention asap as she was getting highlights, not just colour.

anyway to sum up I need some recommendations, I'm dreading having to get my hair done now cause everywhere treats me the same.
    can anyone offer and advice??

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭mvron

Ah that's awful!! The place I norrmally go to is the Hair Academy on Prussia Street, Stoneybatter. It's a very local business and the hairdressers there are both brilliant & lovely. Put it this way, they'll be dealing with my chemo hair as soon as it grows out an inch, they also did my hair for my wedding (fabulous job) and it's been my go to place ever since I was "robbed" and talked down to by a hairdressers in Ballsbridge almost 10 years ago. If you're in the area some day why not pop in for a chat with Sharon (the owner) or any of the girls. Jade or Tara normally do my hair and it's not "easy" hair (curly & all over the place, when I had some lol). Honestly, it's a lovely place, do check it out, they will never make you feel "less than".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

The Chinese place over the shops on the Cabra road has a good reputation. My wife also goes there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Hessions in Dublin 9 is good, i also like any house of colour

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭CinammonGirl

I find La Mode in Phibsborough good.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭SATSUMA

Kajemo wrote: »
    Hi there,

Mods feel free to move this if in the wrong forum.

I'm looking for some suggestions on a good hairdressers, in Dublin area, city centre Dublin 9, 11 mostly northside.

Quick back story, have had bad experiences with past four or five hairdressers that I have used. I have naturally curly hair and yes I have a lot of it. Now I am somewhat boring as in I like to just get colour/roots done and a trim and a straight blow dry. my bad experiences seem to be the same with all hairdressers, they comment quite frequently that I have "a lot of hair" and often follow this with a sigh and a roll on the eyes leaving me feeling very much under compliment to them, if I could colour my hair myself I would but seen as you're a hairdresser I didn't think this would be a problem, also as I seem to just want a plain old colour and trim and blow dry they just don't seem interested, one example hairdresser was half way through blow drying my hair and his next appointment came in about ten mins early he stopped blow drying my hair and left half head wet, as his next client as he said needed his attention asap as she was getting highlights, not just colour.

anyway to sum up I need some recommendations, I'm dreading having to get my hair done now cause everywhere treats me the same.
    can anyone offer and advice??

thanks

Did you find a good hairdresser OP?

• Advertisement
Advertisement