Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Philips 49PUS6401 49 Inch SMART 4K Ultra HD TV with HDR

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 72 ✭✭Deckyalrite

cefh17 wrote: »
    Back up to €649 now, have it reserved for collection tomorrow at the original price, cheers Coill1 :)

If anyone is still looking for the pus6272 I have one on adverts. Our good friends in Amazon ended up sending me two. One was lost for around 3 weeks and then showed up on my door the day after I got a replacement one sent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,191 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

If anyone is still looking for the pus6272 I have one on adverts. Our good friends in Amazon ended up sending me two. One was lost for around 3 weeks and then showed up on my door the day after I got a replacement one sent.

Shouldn't you be returning it to Amazon? Pretty sure one belongs to Amazon unless you paid for two TV's.

Shouldn't you be returning it to Amazon? Pretty sure one belongs to Amazon unless you paid for two TV's.

Sure that would cost me a fortune. It’s very strange because they had ample time to cancel it before it was dispatched and I didn’t honestly expect them to proceed with the replacement. I regard it as a reimbursement for them missing all the delivery dates and extended delivery dates. I wonder did they claim of UPS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Sure that would cost me a fortune. It’s very strange because they had ample time to cancel it before it was dispatched and I didn’t honestly expect them to proceed with the replacement. I regard it as a reimbursement for them missing all the delivery dates and extended delivery dates. I wonder did they claim of UPS.

No it wouldn’t, unless a fortune is to drop it to your local post office? They email you a pre paid addressed bar code, just print it off and stick it on the box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

That's a pretty big level of compensation you feel entitled to!

You can return it to amazon for free via the prepaid label they will send you. Which is what you should do rather than sell if on adverts. Do the decent thing and return it.

• Advertisement

I'm guessing that wasn't returned then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Quick question back on the topic of the TV it's self.

Can someone please provide me the optimal picture settings? I have the 50 inch 3 sided ambilight version. But can't find where to get the right settings for it.

I'm guessing that wasn't returned then?

Sold it and getting charged the VAT exclusive price. So everyone is a winner. Made €100 so happy out.

Sold it and getting charged the VAT exclusive price. So everyone is a winner. Made €100 so happy out.

Interesting logic you have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

So they (amazon) worked it out did they and charged?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

Anyone mind telling me how to connect this tv to a soundbar. I bought a logik sound bar from pc world and I got the optical cable as well. Have it plugged in the soundbar side and tv side. But no luck....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭droidman123

Anyone mind telling me how to connect this tv to a soundbar. I bought a logik sound bar from pc world and I got the optical cable as well. Have it plugged in the soundbar side and tv side. But no luck....

Make sure you have your tv speaker turned off in the tv settings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Connecting to the right holes might help...

Make sure you have your tv speaker turned off in the tv settings

Thanks for reply.
    Yes I have it off and I try youtube and no sound. I only have the optical cables connected.

Ok just connected the soundbar to the optical port and tv to digital audio out

Got it working thanks boardsies!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Does the sound bar have multiple inputs? You might need to select the correct one.

You might need to enable digital audio passthrough as well in the TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Got a Bose Solo 5 myself to replace the really crappy built in speakers.
    Its never gonna fill the room with sound (thats what my 7.1 amp/speakers setup is for) but its perfect for the day to day stuff with a little bit of umph!.
    Sent you a PM btw...

Advertisement