Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Philips 49PUS6401 49 Inch SMART 4K Ultra HD TV with HDR

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Dcully wrote: »
    Samsung and piece of mind dont go well together for me, my last two SamsungTV`s died within 18 months of purchase, always was a samsung TV fan not anymore.
    Then again my last and current Samsung phones have been bomb proof.

I hear that. Got a 24" for the little one and 2 years and 3 months after a huge black line developed in the middle of the screen and wouldn't go away.
    No Philips has died on my yet.. but then could have just been unlucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

i once had a tv where all the reds turned to pink...made watching tv very strange.... Pro tip: Don't leave your tv beside the fireplace.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Friend just went to buy the kittlewoods telly and they seem to have upped the price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Looking for one in Dublin. What's the best way of getting One? This will do well with the ps4 pro I plan to buy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭Coill1

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Looking for one in Dublin. What's the best way of getting One? This will do well with the ps4 pro I plan to buy

Just go back 2 pages (p.24) & read forward..

• Advertisement

Have any of you decided on a suitable soundbar or is that just going too far? Necessary?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Have any of you decided on a suitable soundbar or is that just going too far? Necessary?

I have a Yamaha soundbar that I bought from Richersounds. Absolutely necessary and will finish out the package.

Just gave away my old 3 sided Ambilight TV. Wife made me cos I got the new one without consulting her. J/K...
    It went to a good home, an older couple who apparently are in dire need of a bigger TV. They came to collect it tonight and I wanted to show how cool Ambilight really is but I could tell it would have been probably pointless (old folks just wanted a bigger tv I guess)
    Anyhoo, made sure it was turned on and all working fine, gonna miss that tv remote control most of all, they don't make them like that anymore...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

I thought Philips stopped making TV's a few years ago???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

I thought Philips stopped making TV's a few years ago???

No, sold out to TP Vision a few years ago, afaik they have been making TV's for Philips for a few years before the buyout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,191 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Just ordered the 50PUS6262 50 Inch Ambilight with littlewoods for €485 , hell of a bargain considering the same model is €619 in Argos.

Have you received yours? Mine was due Monday, and is with a third party carrier. Littlewoods customer support were useless and couldn't tell me where it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

I’m onto customer support.lol. And have been escalated to english name. Apparently my order is with Arrow XL.
    More updates to follow hopefully.
    40 mins in

I’m onto customer support.lol. And have been escalated to english name. Apparently my order is with Arrow XL.
    More updates to follow hopefully.
    40 mins in

I'm onto Archibald right now being passed onto Track and Trace, between us we may get an answer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Meh. Jokeshop.
    After an hour I have a UPI number, not really sure if its related to my delivery.
    They keep telling me it’ll get here by Dec 5th.
    Got onto Arrow XL who say they don’t have 3rd(4th) party courier info (DHL or Fastway) and Littlewoods as retailer should provide it. But they cant.

Said they will mail me within 48 hrs with this info. Wont hold breath

Meh. Jokeshop.
    After an hour I have a UPI number, not really sure if its related to my delivery.
    They keep telling me it’ll get here by Dec 5th.
    Got onto Arrow XL who say they don’t have 3rd(4th) party courier info (DHL or Fastway) and Littlewoods as retailer should provide it. But they cant.

Said they will mail me within 48 hrs with this info. Wont hold breath

Same here, they cannot tell me where it is, said their Track and Tarce dept will be in touch, yeah right. What kind of a online company can't tell you where your shipment is?! Joke.

Felt bad for the poor call centre chap but I won't ever be using Littlewoods again, rubbish service.

I am the same but you know what, I trust that it will come. I am not in a hurry so maybe not in the same situation as you guys

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭the_pod

I am the same but you know what, I trust that it will come. I am not in a hurry so maybe not in the same situation as you guys

Same here, I'm not in a hurry so I'll wait it out - due for delivery by 5th of December. I agree it's not great service but it's worth a punt at the price. If it comes to it I'll charge back on the credit card but I'd like to get the TV

I sold my old TV based on the stated delivery time, my mistake!

Not in a hurry either but short of retailing items not in stock, unknown delivery times is a real deal breaker for online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

Mine was "passed to Third Party Carrier" on 21st, with a due delivery date of today. No updates since. Not in a hurry for it but never had an issue like this before with Littlewoods

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Waiting on mine too, said delivery date of yesterday. Got on to Littlewoods but they were no help. Anyway like others I'm not in a hurry for this but it's crazy Littlewoods can't even tell me who my tv is with.

• Advertisement

So happy I didn't buy there. Waiting is not my strong point.

Klonker wrote: »
    I'm not in a hurry for this but it's crazy Littlewoods can't even tell me who my tv is with.

According to their website some fooker has them all in his white Transit.

j5xdw7.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭droidman123

They are lying about the tv,s being with a 3rd party courier,the tv.s are out of stock and they are awaiting new stock

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Same here lads mine is supposedly with 3rd party since the 24th and nothing since then.

Being told via online chat that the "item has been passed to the supplier and is out for delivery"

Got a UPI number and confirmation that carrier is Arrow XL, however, Arrow XL need a postcode to allow tracking

Also told that if delivery is not today as scheduled to allow up to 20 days :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

They are lying about the tv,s being with a 3rd party courier,the tv.s are out of stock and they are awaiting new stock

This. There was another thread yesterday people were posting in about it. They admitted to one or two people that they're awaiting stock and it could be a week before they get them. The people who were told that also had their order status as "dispatched" or whatever word they use.

WTF.

WFT is right!

The plot thickens. For sh1ts & giggles I decided I'd try another agent in the online chat.

Now I'm being told that my delivery is "on schedule for delivery today, by Fastway, and should be with me by 9pm"

I don't believe a word of it

Very close to pulling the plug on this, can get a nice Samsung 49 inch in the morning for €40 more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 horseireland

Snapshot of my chat

They don't Know when they will have them.
    Where can I get that Samsung

For those of us buying it, any recommendations on a chape soundbar?

Currys have this one.

Says its heavily discounted but i'm not sure

Snapshot of my chat

They don't Know when they will have them.
    Where can I get that Samsung

Very close to pulling the trigger on cancelling now. Third chat of the day has gotten closer to the bottom of the cesspit

"Tracking team advise that they're waiting on the Supplier to dispatch the your parcel over to Fast way so that it can be delivered. That will be done soon and delivery will take place by 14.12.17"

So after two rounds of bullsh1t earlier I still don't know whether to believe them or not

Very close to pulling the plug on this, can get a nice Samsung 49 inch in the morning for €40 more.

Hi there where can you get the 49inch thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭droidman123

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057809965/7

Second last page onwards

I dont know how these chancers are still in business,normally by now i would of cancelled but its a great deal in the tv so i,ll bide my time

So cancelled earlier and got refunded. What a joke of an operation, never again. Just bought a cracking Samsung Series 6 49" 4k from Powercity. €539.

• Advertisement

Same TV is in Argos Tallaght for €100 more, for when you get sick of Littlewoods BS!

So cancelled earlier and got refunded. What a joke of an operation, never again. Just bought a cracking Samsung Series 6 49" 4k from Powercity. €539.

Gave in and cancelled too, ordered this instead
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/6992930/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CHome+entertainment+and+sat+nav%7C14419512/c_2/3%7Ccat_19780832%7CTelevisions%7C14419667.htm

Looked at that LG, nice but just a bit too big for us.

Looked at that LG, nice but just a bit too big for us.

I like the look of the ambilight but I was really looking for a 55 and convinced myself to go with the Philips for the price. I don't like the little feet on the LG but a 55 4K HDR for €519 is too good a deal to turn down. If it annoys me and I can't get used to it I'll look at mounting it some other way

Ok i want to cancel now too, sick of this crap.
    Im guessing i need to speak to chat to do this?
    Took 2 hours yesterday to get through to them to ask about my order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

the_pod wrote: »

Did you simply ask them to cancel it in the online chat? Did your order status change on the My Account page or any other confirmation?

I asked them to cancel it on Tuesday but nothing has been done about it. I called them briefly afterwards to double check it was cancelled but was told it wasn't cancelled at all before getting cut off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭honda boi

Seen this earlier.
    Any idea what the warranty is from Argos for this?

Just rang Littlewoods and they are telling me my expected delivery date of Dec 5th needs to expire and then 5 days later i will get my refund, ffs.
    How are you people getting refunds ?

I wouldnt mind but i need some for of cancellation confirmation before going out to buy another TV.

I cancelled over the phone, took 20 minutes to a very nice lady in a Cape Town call center. I stayed on the line until I received an email confirmation from her, which she sent through, though it took a while.

As per our telephonic conversation please see below for details of the query.

- Philips 50PUS6262 50 Inch 4K Ult ONE COLOUR ONE SIZE The item has been cancelled on 29.11.17 at 16h49
    A full credit will be applied to the account in 3-5 working days.
    A full credit of 484.49 to be applied.

We do apologize for the inconvenience and trouble.

Hope this Email finds you well.

Kindest regards.

I wouldnt mind but i need some for of cancellation confirmation before going out to buy another TV.

That was exactly my issue, once I got the email confirmation I was in Powercity within the hour! Whatever you do don't take them at their word, get it in writing.

First guy told me he couldnt give email confirmation, wife rang again, its her account, they said email within 24hours, i mean WTF you got it in 20 mins.

Ill ring again, never ever use them again.

Hows your samsung working out?
    Ill probably go for it also if i get this email.

First guy told me he couldnt give email confirmation, wife rang again, its her account, they said email within 24hours, i mean WTF you got it in 20 mins.

Ill ring again, never ever use them again.

Hows your samsung working out?
    Ill probably go for it also if i get this email.

Samsung is great, very neat, thin bezel (nicer than equivalent LG), set up in minutes. Super image and really good sound. Very happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

honda boi wrote: »
    Seen this earlier.
    Any idea what the warranty is from Argos for this?

**** that is nice.

And not one in stock.

Wife just off the phone since 11:50 , spoke to 4 different agents and all told different stories and none could provide confirmation email for cancellation.
    The 4th one even said the guy i cancelled with earlier this morning never even cancelled it at all yet i spoke to him for 20 minutes on the phone and he said " yes thats gone through its cancelled":mad::mad::mad:

Each one told a different story, from it will be delivered on this day to its out of stock to its delayed to its on the way today etc etc.
    The latest one confirming the lies from the others, and promised us an email in an hour.

Easily the worst support we have ever had to deal with.

Wife just off the phone since 11:50 , spoke to 4 different agents and all told different stories and none could provide confirmation email for cancellation.
    The 4th one even said the guy i cancelled with earlier this morning never even cancelled it at all yet i spoke to him for 20 minutes on the phone and he said " yes thats gone through its cancelled":mad::mad::mad:

Each one told a different story, from it will be delivered on this day to its out of stock to its delayed to its on the way today etc etc.
    The latest one confirming the lies from the others, and promised us an email in an hour.

Easily the worst support we have ever had to deal with.

Hi there

Did you get the email? I too was promised no sign of it

Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement