Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I move my pension?

• 07-07-2017 11:52am

Hi,
    I'll keep it quick.
    used to work on the buildings and have a pension with the cwsp .
    now have another pension via work (irish multinational)

Should I move the cwsp $$ in with the current plan?

I'm afraid I'll forget about the cwsp one if you know what i mean,
    I had forgotten about it for 4/ years allready

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Check to see if there are exit fees. Check to see the returns etc, if you end up worse off then there is little point in moving it.

srsly78 wrote: »
    Check to see if there are exit fees. Check to see the returns etc, if you end up worse off then there is little point in moving it.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Hi,
    I'll keep it quick.
    used to work on the buildings and have a pension with the cwsp .
    now have another pension via work (irish multinational)

Should I move the cwsp $$ in with the current plan?

I'm afraid I'll forget about the cwsp one if you know what i mean,
    I had forgotten about it for 4/ years allready

The charges on your CWPS pension are probably less than on your current employers pension. If that's the case, leave it where it is. You'll also have greater flexibility if you don't move it right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭donkey balls

The pension you have from the cwsp should be sending you out a yearly statement even though you do not contribute to the fund anymore, I am also in the same situation as yourself with two pensions my airline one and the new employers one.
    I was thinking of transferring the airline one to the new employer but decided to keep them separate as I can cash in the airline one from age 50 onwards if needed.
    If I transfer the airline one to the new fund I cannot access the fund till retirement age.

Advertisement