Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't get a quote for a car insurance

Options
  • 07-07-2017 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I'm changing my job soon and will get a way more higher salary.
    I planned to buy a car, Ford Mustang GT V8, 5.0 L

Plan is, to buy this car in Germany and bring it abroad (lower costs, wheel is on the left what i prefer) and get an insurance to use it here.

My biggest issue now is to get a rate for this car. I'm pretty sure it's because of my profile.

I'm 21 years old, i live 12 months in Dublin, got my FULL EU driver license since 4 years and never had a car insurance in Ireland before. Now, the thing is that i don't really care about the price for the rate. I just need any car insurance company who could give me a quote. Almost every website wasnt able to give me rate.

Anyone of you got ideas ?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

You will definitely need to pick up the phone for any possibility to get any quotes on that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

You will not get any company to quote you on that car.

The only way you will get a quote is through the declined cases committee and I would expect you will be quoted a premium in excess of €5000 at a minimum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Try XS Direct? Not totally conventional policy so read carefully but I think they insurer cars like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Joschi55

Rod Munch wrote: »
    You will not get any company to quote you on that car.

The only way you will get a quote is through the declined cases committee and I would expect you will be quoted a premium in excess of €5000 at a minimum.

Which would be absolute fine as long as someone is doing this...

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Meeeee79

Joschi55 wrote: »
    Which would be absolute fine as long as someone is doing this...

You sound like you're earning too much money if you are more than willing to pay €5k+ for car insurance (and in my opinion it would be twice this to be honest!) but fair play, well wear, its your money!

Can I ask why a 5l engine car is what you want to buy? Im in no way trying to be rude just curious!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

I thought the op wanted a bmw - any bmw.

Advertisement