Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

parking ticket received today

• 07-07-2017 8:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭

Damn I'm so angry and its my own fault in fairness , I was parked on main street and paid for my hour stay and put my ticket on display. I seen the parking man floating about at this time.

I seen him jotting down cars with no display etc. Anyway I was 15mins late back I know stupid on my behalf I lost track of time.

Anyway came back to car and there I have a ticket. I went looking for him and just said Jesus that's bad form man I did pay for my stay but lost track time. He said 15mins you were long enough over it.

I walked again then. Said no more so disappointed. I guess I'm just venting here but is it not a bit harsh? Fecking I can see it with a person with no ticket displaying but I just feel hard done by! Its like he seen I was running out of time and knew he can get a easy target!

If in wrong thread mod please move thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭brendan86

15 minutes is more than enough grace time.

Ticket correctly issued.

OK fair enough, I honestly did lose track of time.. Tell me this people that dont have a ticket how much grace time do they get?

I just ask this because they can be parked for ages without his knowledge as he can't be everywhere then when he sees the car has no ticket there not issued straight away. How long after does he issue ticket?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,448 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

brendan86 wrote: »
    Damn I'm so angry and its my own fault in fairness , I was parked on main street and paid for my hour stay and put my ticket on display. I seen the parking man floating about at this time.

I seen him jotting down cars with no display etc. Anyway I was 15mins late back I know stupid on my behalf I lost track of time.

Anyway came back to car and there I have a ticket. I went looking for him and just said Jesus that's bad form man I did pay for my stay but lost track time. He said 15mins you were long enough over it.

I walked again then. Said no more so disappointed. I guess I'm just venting here but is it not a bit harsh? Fecking I can see it with a person with no ticket displaying but I just feel hard done by! Its like he seen I was running out of time and knew he can get a easy target!

I once had a parking ticket applied one minute after expiry (City of London). Not sure where you are but I understand 15 minutes grace is common. I'm conditioned to expect none.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭return guide

What were you hoping to achieve by going to find him?
    I been clamped / ticketed before, always my fault - paid the release fee /fine and vowed never to let it happen again but sh1t happens.

What were you hoping to achieve by going to find him?
    I been clamped / ticketed before, always my fault - paid the release fee /fine and vowed never to let it happen again but sh1t happens.

OK I'm going to be brutally honest now.

I was on my way walking back to my car, its a long straight. I seen from a distance him stopping at 3 cars doing whatever he does but not ticketing them. Sure when I walked by the cars they had no ticket displayed.

So I stopped to go into a shop and spent 5 mins in shop , obviously I was already 10 mins over which I didn't know. I knew he would be at my car but I taut I would be ok. Surely not.

So just because he seen my ticket was expired he gave me a ticket. All them 3 cars before may have got away with it because they didn't show a ticket and he has to give them grace.

Basically I got maybe 2mins grace because I showed a ticket and he could put me down for 15mins late just by walking by my car.

Where is the justice please? I paid to park and I got maybe 2mins . other guys didn't pay and by time he gets back to them they prob have 30mins grace.

He practically gave me ticket walking straight by my car. Now that's the truth.

And as per your question I just wanted to let him know it was bad form. That's all I said and walked away straight after. I seen him going up he could a marked my car first like he does people with no ticket and give me a few mins grace if I'm not back. But he had to have issued is straight after walking by my car.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

DCC, on appeal, give 10 minutes grace if you send in evidence of a ticket.

Perhaps the other cars had paid by text and so had no ticket, doesn't really matter though. You had no ticket and were fined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

Cork City Warden told me that you get 10 mins, but if you park by phone and request the reminder text, you get 20 mins. Reason being that you are paying extra for the reminder text.

10 Minutes is very generous. I know of at least 2 councils that only allow 5 minutes.

Recently got ticketed on Merrion Square so looked up the DCC appeals report and it said appeals could be granted up to a 10 minute grace period.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

Where was this?

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

This isn't legal discussion.

Is there a more appropriate forum I can move this to or can we bring in an element of legal discussion?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Driver2016

I agree with you but it's like this there a different breed I observered a traffic warden issuing a ticket to a guy watering flowers he was parked on the footpath he was only meters away from his van wasn't causing an obstruction and he gave him one he then contuinedup the street and issued some more before speeding off some of them put the tickets under the bonnets so you won't see them try not to let it get to you

Driver2016 wrote: »
    I agree with you but it's like this there a different breed I observered a traffic warden issuing a ticket to a guy watering flowers he was parked on the footpath he was only meters away from his van wasn't causing an obstruction and he gave him one he then contuinedup the street and issued some more before speeding off some of them put the tickets under the bonnets so you won't see them try not to let it get to you

Probably shouldn't have parked on the footpath.

Park illegally get a ticket, it's pretty simple really. I've no sympathy for people that get them (and I include myself in that).

HonalD wrote: »
    Where was this?

Monaghan,

Damn when I confronted the man I didn't think I had a come back and showed him my ticket and he said 15 mins was more than enough, funny enough cameras would know he had to have given me ticket right away. I passed him out before I got to my car and I wasn't in there more than 5mins defiantly!

I decking threw ticket away as I showed him my time and he after he said 15 mins was too much. Now I was in no way mean to the man I just said "that's bit harsh giving me a ticket and I was only 15mins late after paying for a hour" walked away after.

No point appealing I will pay it and learn my lesson. I knew he was on the way to my car I can't believe it was issued right away when he walked by car tho. Its just bad form IMO. He got a easy target cause I was honest and paid, had I not paid I prob would a got away with it in fairness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Monaghan,

Damn when I confronted the man I didn't think I had a come back and showed him my ticket and he said 15 mins was more than enough, funny enough cameras would know he had to have given me ticket right away. I passed him out before I got to my car and I wasn't in there more than 5mins defiantly!

I decking threw ticket away as I showed him my time and he after he said 15 mins was too much. Now I was in no way mean to the man I just said "that's bit harsh giving me a ticket and I was only 15mins late after paying for a hour" walked away after.

No point appealing I will pay it and learn my lesson. I knew he was on the way to my car I can't believe it was issued right away when he walked by car tho. Its just bad form IMO. He got a easy target cause I was honest and paid, had I not paid I prob would a got away with it in fairness

So you knew you were over. You saw him doing his job and thought "feck it" and went into the shop.
    That was an expensive bag of sweets !!

So you knew you were over. You saw him doing his job and thought "feck it" and went into the shop.
    That was an expensive bag of sweets !!

Sorry when did I say I knew I was over ?

I said obviously time I seen him I was already 10 mins over as I was in shop no more than 5 mins and total time over was 15.

I wasn't sure I was over, but didn't think I'd be so long in shop, he wasn't at my car by time I went in as I had him passed out as he was noting a car down before I went in.

Yes I was stupid I hold hands up I knew he was there , I wasn't sure if I was over time took the chance it paid off for him. Maybe learned me a lesson. I just think end of day its bad form regardless how you look at it. Because I had a ticket displayed I have no argument cause fact is I was 15 mins late as ticket proves

Someone could a been parked 30mins then he walks by I'm sure they got more than 5mins grace without showing a ticket.

My ticket just proved how long over time I was there.

Not like I didn't pay, I paid for a hour as soon I parked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭Paddytheman

Should this not be in After Hours, please tell me Brendans on the wind up here?!?

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

No, I'm closing this because there's been a grand total of zero legal discussion in this thread.

Brendan, if you've a real problem with the fine, go to your local council office to dispute it and if that doesn't work, pay the fine.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement