Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rathangan

Options
  • 07-07-2017 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Due to house price situation in Dublin thinking of moving to Rathangan to buy (recently married). And work in city west. Anyone here done something similar? Can you comment on the village and surrounding area? Commute to city west is roughly 35 minutes but that's now during summer with little traffic. Feedback welcome. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭SmallgirlBigcity

Hi there, I used to live in Rathangan and commute to Blanchardstown each day. Rathangan is a nice village but personally I hated living so far away from Dublin city and even Naas. It makes it very difficult to plan a night out because of the long distance. My commute to Blanchardstown used to take me an hour, sometimes a lot longer in the winter. The N7 can be a nightmare in the winter with car crashes happening very often. I now live in Dublin and my quality of life has improved massively. The extra money I spend on rent here is worth it, and I save a lot of money on petrol and the toll now that I've moved.
    If I was you, I'd consider living closer to work if possible. If you're from Kildare, you might love living in Rathangan but if you're from Dublin, you might miss the activity and night life of being closer to town. Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 pebbles 12

MrCross wrote: »
    Due to house price situation in Dublin thinking of moving to Rathangan to buy (recently married). And work in city west. Anyone here done something similar? Can you comment on the village and surrounding area? Commute to city west is roughly 35 minutes but that's now during summer with little traffic. Feedback welcome. Thanks.

Hi I know this is an old post from last year but was just wondering if you moved to Rathangan in the end?
    My husband and myself are thinking of buying a new build there.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Liam5

Well my opinion differs from all of the above. Rathangan is like all small villages in Ireland ...full of gossips and narrow minded individuals who look upon people not born in the place or who's family has not lived there for several generations a BLOW-IN, oh they may not always say that to your face but believe me its true. Four generations of my family have lived in Rathangan and whereas I lived in another country for several years and only came home during this period on holidays to see my parents I was told by a Rathangan resident I was a blow-in and to go back to where I came from whilst having, lets say, a heated discussion one day. The older people in the town are the biggest bigot and gossips. Most have never travelled or lived outside of Rathangan.The best thing about Rathangan is the road out of it.

Advertisement