Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 213 Nunes Vs Shevchenko

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Kirby wrote:
    Will you be just as vitriolic when Whittaker has to take 6 months off to fix his own knee now? He probably wont fight again this year either.

I doubt he'd spend his time showing up drunk to a press conference or talking **** about fighters he was never going to fight anyway.
    I bet if they offered him Silva or another over the hill fighter he would have found the strength to fight before the GSP one was supposed to happen but he didn't want to fight anyone good when GSP inevitably broke down in training.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,584 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

It's kinda sad to say it, but it's hard to see Browne do anything other than lose. I just knew he'd lose before the fight started and even when OO got wobbly legs in the 1st round, I still knew that Browne would somehow end up losing. It seemed like a matter of time.

Interesting to see him use so many kicks, which have been sorely lacking since he started with Edmund. But it still didn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭FollowMyWay

Whittaker is more impressive every time I see him, I expect him to easily take out Bisping and it looks like he could be the champ for a while at 185. Bad knee and he still performs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Whittaker is more impressive every time I see him, I expect him to easily take out Bisping and it looks like he could be the champ for a while at 185. Bad knee and he still performs.

100% agree. Strange joels corner didnt notice at all as it seemed to be an issue from the first round.

As for joel gassing/ slowing down which we all knew would happen but i suppose the hook is your still waiting for some crazy explosion of offense deep into the fight. It never happened but i was waiting for something from him right up to thesst bell.

From three on i thought whittaker was more in control although it was still close enough as i thoughy yoel was 2 up.

I could for sure see Whittaker beating Bisping but fights against Rockhold, Moussasi etc I see being very tough for him, Whittaker could beat them yeah but he could very easily lose those fights also.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Really hope the reem doesnt get a rematch with stipe next. No interest in seeing that so soon. Would like to see him fight the winner of jds and ngannou.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

ricero wrote: »
    Really hope the reem doesnt get a rematch with stipe next. No interest in seeing that so soon. Would like to see him fight the winner of jds and ngannou.

They all know if they ever want to hold that belt they have to get to it before ngannou does.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Bisping is an idiot. He disrespected his own title instead of Whittakers. He's a cringeworthy gob****e if ever there was one.

Nah, he didn't at all. The physical belt is nothing but a token.

Bisping is great playing the monster heel role. Thought he was brilliant last night, at he was at 205 and 199. "Shut the **** up buddeh, I just knocked you out in the first round" is right up there with some of the best McGregor lines in my book.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

He was on the post fight show on fox begging Whittaker to call him names he knows it aint a ppv block buster no matter how hard he tries.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Whitaker's push kicks were a big factor in winning the fight imo.

• Advertisement

Gamebred wrote: »
    He was on the post fight show on fox begging Whittaker to call him names he knows it aint a ppv block buster no matter how hard he tries.

I can see it being a co - main event maybe for the november msg card. Whittaker is to humble and respectful to get into a slagging match.

Have mcgregor headline it. Be great fun having bisping and mcgregor at the same press conferance and on the same card.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,863 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Dangerous to write Bisping off but anyone else think Whittaker beats him everywhere? similar enough fighters Robert is the younger lion I feel.

I'd rarely write off any fighter in a big fight like this but I'm completely writing off bisbing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Have mcgregor headline it. Be great fun having bisping and mcgregor at the same press conferance and on the same card.

They'd have to appear at a rundown of upcoming events press conference for that to happen the pre and post pressers per event have been that underwhelming one on one format for too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

mailburner wrote: »
    I'd rarely write off any fighter in a big fight like this but I'm completely writing off bisbing

That happened against rockhold and look what happened.

mailburner wrote: »

People said the same thing when he fought rockhold. Think this fight will be closer than we all think. Bispings cardio is second to none as is his footwork.

Also bisping with some next level heel ****tery ripping up a small cuban flag and throwing it at romero mid fight

https://mobile.twitter.com/UFCONFOX/status/883912248594280450

• Registered Users Posts: 23,863 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

ASOT wrote: »
    That happened against rockhold and look what happened.
    People said the same thing when he fought rockhold. Think this fight will be closer than we all think. Bispings cardio is second to none as is his footwork

I didn't give him much hope despite having a small bet on him to win on points which was 9/1 and was imo the only way he could win it at the time
    I did think there was a fair chance of it going the distance if he could avoid being subbed
    Whittaker will make dust of bisping

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Have to laugh at Dana throwing Nunes under the bus ''It was 90% mental 10% physical'' on why she pulled out haha he is something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Have to laugh at Dana throwing Nunes under the bus ''It was 90% mental 10% physical'' on why she pulled out haha he is something else.

Gas man, ya we put absolutely no money in to promoting her last time out it was all on Ronda, bet the trends for this PPV weren't immense prior to the fight falling off hence the outburst the w 135 title won't headline again ya sure Dana probably does before 220

Advertisement