Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving from Australia to Ireland

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 MrsBigM

https:/touch.daft.ie/cavan/houses-for-sale/bailieborough/id-309-greaghclaugh-bailieborough-cavan-1489277

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭laotg

MrsBigM wrote:
    My husband has an Irish passport... I have checked and I do qualify for a spousal visa... this is one of the places we were looking at... but obviously we are not certain on the list location

I'd suggest looking at the likes of myhome.ie or daft.ie for house prices. Nothing other than derelict shells available for the money you're talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Op you picked a bad time to buy that 60K would have bought you a house in a rural town maybe 3 years ago but prices have gone up in recent times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Less of this please.

The OP realises her figures are way off- and has said she is going back to the drawing board.
    In addition- I'd urge her to look at the visa and self-financing requirements- her 60k lumpsum is insufficient for a family with 3 kids.

You seriously think the op is genuine????????

Seriously???

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

MrsBigM wrote: »
    My husband has an Irish passport... I have checked and I do qualify for a spousal visa... this is one of the places we were looking at... but obviously we are not certain on the list location :)

All the spousal visa rules were updated in April and May- to try and attract researchers and skills in short supply to Ireland.

You do not automatically qualify any longer- you have to be legally resident in Ireland- once you are legally resident- you can then apply- and its not skills tested.

DJEI rules are here

Any information you have dated prior to 22nd May 2017- is out of date.

Feel free to ask any employment/jobs etc queries elsewhere on this site- this forum is not an appropriate venue.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

CeilingFly wrote: »
    You seriously think the op is genuine????????

Seriously???

Thread closed- as the queries the OP has are not relevant for this forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement