Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost a new build detached 3,000sq ft house

Options
  • 08-07-2017 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi all, I've recently got planning permission for our new home. We are planning on building a 3,000 sq ft detached house over two stories with a flat roof. The next step for us is to go and secure finance for the project. I need to estimate the cost of the build. Has anyone recently,built a similar sized house and be willing to share a spreadsheet of costs? I'm sure there is lots we haven't even thought about yet.

If we can secure financing we will instruct an architect to produce tender / detailed construction drawings but don't want to take that step until we know we can get the funds. Any help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,438 ✭✭✭✭Victor

€300,000 to €600,000. Giving finer costs would really depend on the design. Quantity surveyor could give you a detailed costing.
    Sea point wrote: »
    flat roof.
    Will you get insurance for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Sea point

Thanks for the estimate. As you say it's all about the design. I am just keen to see a full excel sheet of all the items involved and then I can adjust as necessary. Just want to make sure I'm not forgetting anything.

I'm covered on insurance.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Victor wrote: »
    ...Quantity surveyor.....?
    .keen to see a full excel sheet of all the items involved. .

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Thanks for the estimate. As you say it's all about the design. I am just keen to see a full excel sheet of all the items involved and then I can adjust as necessary. Just want to make sure I'm not forgetting anything.

I'm covered on insurance.

engage a QS to prepare a bill of quantities based on the actual construction drawings, not the planning drawings.

You will not get that level of detail anywhere else.

Advertisement