Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connect to a router without internet on iphone

Options
  • 08-07-2017 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭

I have an airport express hanging off a router that I had spare from sky. the router is not connected to internet. Im just using it to stream to a device.

On a windows laptop, connect to the sky router, I get a warning landing page that the sky router is not connected to the internet, I close this, I still get connected to the router. Play itunes, it finds the airport express and Im able to stream to it.

I want to do the same thing from my iphone. When the iphone tries to connect to the sky router,I get the the same landing page that the router is not connected to the internet but I only get an option to cancel the connection attempt from the iphone to the router at which point it logs me out from the router.

I cant find a way to connect to the router without it being on the internet. I just get bounced straight out of it. Any ideas

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

This seems like a router problem. My internet connection goes down all the time. It's never stopped me connecting to any of my routers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭clint_silver

This seems like a router problem. My internet connection goes down all the time. It's never stopped me connecting to any of my routers.

Is it an iphone and a sky router combination?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

No, just an iPhone. That's what I mean: it's an issue with how the Sky router works. You would probably need to see if there's a way to disable the WiFi landing page on the router.

The Airport Express already is a router, so why not just ditch the Sky router and use the Airport express by itself? I assume you don't have a working internet connection you can connect it to?

No, just an iPhone. That's what I mean: it's an issue with how the Sky router works. You would probably need to see if there's a way to disable the WiFi landing page on the router.

The Airport Express already is a router, so why not just ditch the Sky router and use the Airport express by itself? I assume you don't have a working internet connection you can connect it to?

Its a particular combination that i have to have this way. i dont need or want the router on internet.

I have a sound desk that i can control over wifi. I need it connected ethernet. Only spare router i have with multiple ethernet out is the sky one. (I can get another one for 5 quid somewhere so its no real big issue).

I want to send music to the desk wirelessly from the same device that i control the desk from can only do that by sending to the airport and out the headphone socket.

Except I cant because of the landing page issue. Not an everyday occurrence I grant you. Ive been trying to disable the landing page thing without much luck either on iphone or router.

Similar with a decent explanation why here

https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/161654/iphone-ios-mistakes-my-router-mifi-as-needing-a-login-page

Ill work on that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement