Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on motherboard with a Legacy PCI socket

Options
  • 08-07-2017 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    I use an e-mu 1820m audio interface for my studio which uses a legacy PCI card that I would like to keep when building a PC for Gaming and music production.

I know this will severely limit my options but I was wondering what are the best motherboards out there which have one legacy PCI socket.

Obviously I'll need one with clearance for the graphics card also, so placement of the PCI socket will be crucial.

So far i have found the ASUS Z170-A which has a an LGA 1151 socket and supoorts DDR4 RAM:

https://www.asus.com/ie/Motherboards/Z170-A/

I dont plan on running dual SLI so the lower x8 speed for both PCI express ports wouldnt bother me.

Anyone have any thoughts on this motherboard or other motherboards with a legacy PCI socket?

I don't really care for aesthetics so I don't mind if it doesnt have "Gamer"and EXTREME written all over it!

Cheers!

Comments

Advertisement