Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saw something mad but brilliant this morning....

Options
  • 08-07-2017 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,958 ✭✭✭✭

We called over to friends for a cup of tea this morning.

They have a 100ft long garden similar to our own.

Patio at the top with lovely climbers and so on, and similar along the fence.

But down the back they have lots of lovely pots of very colourful flowers. Looking from the kitchen down it was a wonderful sight.

The friends then told me these flowers were not real :eek:

What a brilliant idea! No watering needed and you couldn't tell from so far away.

I think I will copy this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

That's plain cheating...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,958 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

DANNY2014 wrote: »
    That's plain cheating...

Yup, but brilliant. No dragging a hose down the end of the garden, no fertilising, no deadheading, fkn brilliant.

Remember it is only at the end of a very long garden. Binoculars would be required from the patio area to investigate this travesty!

I will copy.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭mylittlepony

Where did they buy their outdoors fake flowers.
    i seen lovely indoors fake flowers in dunnes and tk maxx but too expensive and pretty to be ruined outside.
    What their secret :)

Where did they buy their outdoors fake flowers.
    i seen lovely indoors fake flowers in dunnes and tk maxx but too expensive and pretty to be ruined outside.
    What their secret :)

I didn't ask but I will soon!

Places like Heatons and Guineys have them, but I never would have thought of shoving them in pots outdoors, down the back of the garden.

Just thinking, they could also be taken out in Autumn and put in the shed, to reappear the next year!

I am so taken by this idea I am giddy....

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭shel64

I have popped a few fake flowers in my hanging baskets before now along with the real ones, and a few in window box too,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭mylittlepony

I didn't ask but I will soon!

Places like Heatons and Guineys have them, but I never would have thought of shoving them in pots outdoors, down the back of the garden.

Just thinking, they could also be taken out in Autumn and put in the shed, to reappear the next year!

I am so taken by this idea I am giddy....

Or put into vases for indoors use for a pop of colours in the autumn or pick out flowers that suit autumn - yay two birds one stone.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,441 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Dunno, I can almost always spot fake flowers pretty much immediately, and none of them last very long outside.

looksee wrote: »
    Dunno, I can almost always spot fake flowers pretty much immediately, and none of them last very long outside.

Yes and I always thought I could too. But we are talking 100ft down the end of a garden and all you see is colour and (fake) flowers that look great!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

Down with that sort of thing..... :D

Nothing in my garden apart from the pots and baskets gets a watering and even then it's lean. Awful waste of water amd time otherwise imo. Plan your garden to your climate.

Advertisement