Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v8] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Pete and Dolores should really try to avoid walking by Vinos first thing in the morning. It's just leads to them arguing with Bob/ the Cubans/ homeless people etc etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

I must have missed the "distressing scenes" that we were warned about at the start of the episode, can anyone enlighten me?

I found the scene with Dan and the baseball bat most distressing. It was the implied violence rather than actual violence. I didn't know whether he was going to zoom across the room and hit Spillane or leap out of the chair.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭cumulonimbus

I find Greasys hairstyle very distressing. There should be a warning every night he is on. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

I know I shouldn't laugh but Cathals Special Olympics quip had me in stitches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,742 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

monkey9 wrote: »
    Pete and Dolores should really try to avoid walking by Vinos first thing in the morning. It's just leads to them arguing with Bob/ the Cubans/ homeless people etc etc.

They should never leave the apartment!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

As someone who recently spent 3 months on crutches I found the special olympics comment very distressing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Is Robbie ever going to batter Cathal?

Ok so does anyone know anyone in RTE? Is there any way to contact the writers? I need to know the rationale for KT living in LH's apartment?

What's the rationale for him ever even having an apartment?

F@ck me this Pete v Jake lark is painful!
    I'm with Pete, Jake is a royal c@nt

sligojoek wrote: »
    As someone who recently spent 3 months on crutches I found the special olympics comment very distressing

What happened you Joe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Oisin and his big gigs. The writing is genuinely like something they'd come up with in 1st year!

SADLY it's plain when FC is going through it's regular epic lows when there's no good comments on boards :(

Like I actually have to watch this people!!! My better/bossier half insists

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

:D

• Advertisement

I think RTE are getting over cautious with their disclaimers, they had a 'harrowing' scene weeks ago without warning and someone got outraged by it and complained about it, ever since then they're overly cautious.

Cormdogg wrote: »
    Is Robbie ever going to batter Cathal?

Ok so does anyone know anyone in RTE? Is there any way to contact the writers? I need to know the rationale for KT living in LH's apartment?

What's the rationale for him ever even having an apartment?

F@ck me this Pete v Jake lark is painful!
    I'm with Pete, Jake is a royal c@nt

Yes. 2 bol*loxes but Jake is by far the bigger bolox. He doesn't have a chip on his shoulder, more like 2 planks.

nagdefy wrote: »
    What happened you Joe?
    Nothing major. I tore a calf muscle running up a grass bank. ^6 weeks later I thought I was OK and went painting up a ladder. I slipped and then i was back to square one. One of the most painful injuries I ever had.

Hayley annoyed the Shi*e out of me tonight. All her talk about Mondo not knowing about teenage girls in the clips with Melanie.

Fcuk off Hayley what would you know, you have no kids and spend most of your time dressed like a fcuking eadgit in your Beetlejuice suit putting on a fake smile with your Miss Piggy ringlets. Go get a life instead of sleeping with balding, middle aged bores like 'Biggus Dickus' Brennan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

In fairness to Delores, she was spot on when she said you cant open your mouth these days for fear of upsetting gays, travellers, disabled people etc etc, people are so easily offended.

Nothing major. I tore a calf muscle running up a grass bank. ^6 weeks later I thought I was OK and went painting up a ladder. I slipped and then i was back to square one. One of the most painful injuries I ever had.

I'd say so. The relapse is always the killer when you think you're right. I was out of action for a few weeks after a cycling injury. I was going fairly hard and the chain jammed changing gears. I was fired over the top of the bike and broke both collar bones and fractured my knee cap. Healed well though.

Hope your back right soon.

In fairness to Delores, she was spot on when she said you cant open your mouth these days for fear of upsetting gays, travellers, disabled people etc etc, people are so easily offended.

It was a well acted scene i thought. Just her thought process in action and the way she countered Jake.

I'd say so. The relapse is always the killer when you think you're right. I was out of action for a few weeks after a cycling injury. I was going fairly hard and the chain jammed changing gears. I was fired over the top of the bike and broke both collar bones and fractured my knee cap. Healed well though.

Hope your back right soon.
    Cheers. I'm over the worst of it now. Still can't walk long distances or run at all. I'm being much more careful this time.
    I broke the collarbone off a motorbike years ago. No joke either.

Don't tell the crowd on the Liveline thread. There'll be a rake of "How's the leg, Joe?" quips.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Ya that was a great speech.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

Hayley looks like a ventriloquists dummy with that outfit and hair and makeup!

Did she say that? ... Did FC writers really give her those lines? ..... Still it pisses me off the way she's wandering up and down the street with Pete, what's wrong with those 2?
    She has a hairdresser salon to run and Pete has a burnt out garage to deal with, yet they still have 8 hours a day for unnecessary bickering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

threetrees wrote: »
    Why do I watch this utter tripe? Same old Pete going round in circles, I've lost track of the Trigger/Robbie/Cathal who's threatening who saga.

What 14 year old is allowed off into town to "hang out" with a 9oc curfew? Maybe I'm very old fashioned but that is not on. As a parent of a 15 year old I'm a bit alarmed!!!!

Really? You wouldn't let your 14 year old hang around with their friends on a Summer evening?? What does your kid do all day!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,044 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I can never think of that girl's name who was a cleaner for Jackie but i find her extremely attractive :) I know i mentioned before but very like Kelly McDonald. Am i alone in my thinking?

Shes beaut. Is the actress eastern or just pretending? Shes had to translate for her ma a few times.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Amen too this, they'll have you up in court if you're not careful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,115 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

pjohnson wrote: »
    Shes beaut. Is the actress eastern or just pretending? Shes had to translate for her ma a few times.

I'm pretty sure she said her mother (the character) is Armenian, so it does look like she is from there herself or of Armenian ancestry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭threetrees

Really? You wouldn't let your 14 year old hang around with their friends on a Summer evening?? What does your kid do all day!!
    No, not into town on the bus and back on the bus at 9pm at age 14.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,044 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

threetrees wrote: »
    No, not into town on the bus and back on the bus at 9pm at age 14.

You mightn't allow it but I'd say it happens regardless :P

How does Trigger get a private room in a hospital? I doubt he has private medical insurance.

The rest of the patients in his ward must have objected to him ;)

• Advertisement

The excitement of a midweek evening around 7.30pm knowing it's only half an hour away from Fair City time, counting down the minutes :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement