Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v8] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

nagdefy wrote: »
    The rest of the patients in his ward must have objected to him ;)

I'd say Dan gets very nostalgic all the same when he's in that ward - that bed was his for a very very long time. Carol and Robbie know it inside out, Robbie especially as he was in visiting Dermot as well during his time there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

I'd say Dan gets very nostalgic all the same when he's in that ward - that bed was his for a very very long time. Carol and Robbie know it inside out, Robbie especially as he was in visiting Dermot as well during his time there.

The good thing about the Carrigstown General Hospital is everyone gets a bed quickly. Never seen anyone on a trolley. A little principality of a health service that doesn't reflect the rest of Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,742 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Carraigstown Next Top Model!

Carraigstown Next Top Model!

Who was the last one?

Who was the last one?

Niamh!

niamhascrumpet.jpg

• Advertisement

That's a skimpy portion of chips!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Oh, christ!

I see it now!

We are going to have a scenario where Caddle and Greasy look after her sexually abusing father who assaults her in their home now!!

Christ, called it days ago. Predictable, unbelievable and ridiculous.

Trigger really is a bad f*cker. Dying and all he cares about is getting one up on Robbie. No guilt over how he treated his daughter. Carol will feel the better for doing the right thing even if he is a bast*rd.

Jake and Bob too petty little as*holes. If Pete wanted he'd be legitimate in pursuing a bullying case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

In fairness to Delores, she was spot on when she said you cant open your mouth these days for fear of upsetting gays, travellers, disabled people etc etc, people are so easily offended.

She certainly didn't say travelers!

Is KT worried about LH turning up? She might want to find somewhere else to live maybe?

Why's Mondo so freaked, I'd say it's pretty standard model's start at 14.

Greasey says's to Trigger, "Cathal won't be bothering you again" WHY??? Because he told him to? Cathal had 2 lads beat him to a bloody mess in public only last week???

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is trigger sure he has cancer? Looked like a bad belly cramp with the way he was rolling around......ahhh sure maybe he'll magically get better from it just like dermish did....he needed a transplant but he was also diagnosed with cancer first which he and the doctor of that hospital seemed too forget all about :rolleyes:

Chilli boy and Bob's burgers with there gay pride flag ! Bunch of cringey saps ! I'd love too give the two them a smack.

No mention of poor ould KT seeing a Doctor or therapist?

Lads Pride was 3 weeks ago!

This marketing campaign for one gym in the basement of a hotel is some craic!

Cormdogg wrote: »

Why's Mondo so freaked, I'd say it's pretty standard model's start at 14.

She'll always be his little girl! No doubt he might be worried that it could lead down other routes.

Trigger really is a bad f*cker. Dying and all he cares about is getting one up on Robbie. No guilt over how he treated his daughter. Carol will feel the better for doing the right thing even if he is a bast*rd.

What is the right thing?

Is trigger sure he has cancer? Looked like a bad belly cramp with the way he was rolling around......ahhh sure maybe he'll magically get better from it just like dermish did....he needed a transplant but he was also diagnosed with cancer first which he and the doctor of that hospital seemed too forget all about :rolleyes:

Chilli boy and Bob's burgers with there gay pride flag ! Bunch of cringey saps ! I'd love too give the two them a smack.

I remember watching a great series on Napoleon 2002 (with John Malkovich a very convincing Talleyrand) and when he was dying of stomach cancer he was constantly grabbing his stomach and biting sheets.

Though samples of Napoleon's hair had 10 times the amount of arsenic than normal so many think the English poisoned him on St. Helena and he died of arsenic poisoning.

What is the right thing?

The right thing in my opinion is giving him what little comfort she can in her home. In a sense she has control of her destiny and how she acts. He hasn't succeeded in turning her into a person full of hate like him.

In my opinion the right thing.

Surely Oisin has to cop a beating off Emmet now?

For every 200 threats of a slap in Fair City we might get 1!

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Loblox

What is the right thing?

Cancel the show and free us all from its boozy, nicotine stained claws.

Would anybody like to see a live episode of Fair City?

It would be interesting and we'd have a better idea of who can act, some little bit at least :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭clairek6

I don't really get the appeal of live soaps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

The episode would implode after 10 seconds. They cant even get it right when they have a month to edit it, never mind live!

The episode would implode after 10 seconds. They cant even get it right when they have a month to edit it, never mind live!

Could be fun to watch Wanderer! Could it be any worse that this mid summer drivel?!

I think a live episode would be interesting but if it was in Winter Dolores would be walking the streets in the dark!

The right thing in my opinion is giving him what little comfort she can in her home. In a sense she has control of her destiny and how she acts. He hasn't succeeded in turning her into a person full of hate like him.

In my opinion the right thing.

In my opinion:

But he could get better care and comfort in a care home/hospice??

One, he is surrounded by a woman he both sexually and physically abused and has shown no remorse for doing so, a woman who has no nursing ability and works full time (well the narrative of the soap tells us this!)

2. He is being cared for in a house with a man who despises him (and mutually so) and was on the verge of killing him a couple of times.

It makes no sense TO ME why she would think she has to be the bigger person and take him in now just because he is dying. She doesn't have to prove she isn't a "person full of hate" merely by taking him in. If anything she is bringing him into a dangerous environment, given the relationship with her husband and him and, indeed, her own view of him.

Such care evolves into a 24 hour job at times.

It is contrived for drama, wouldn't ever happen in the real world. Be different if they had tried to repair their relationship, but she has merely just moved in in over night after being released a few days ago for violently attacking her on her wedding day !!

Still not up on the RTE Player FFS

Still not up on the RTE Player FFS

It's up now!

In my opinion:

But he could get better care and comfort in a care home/hospice??

One, he is surrounded by a woman he both sexually and physically abused and has shown no remorse for doing so, a woman who has no nursing ability and works full time (well the narrative of the soap tells us this!)

2. He is being cared for in a house with a man who despises him (and mutually so) and was on the verge of killing him a couple of times.

It makes no sense TO ME why she would think she has to be the bigger person and take him in now just because he is dying. She doesn't have to prove she isn't a "person full of hate" merely by taking him in. If anything she is bringing him into a dangerous environment, given the relationship with her husband and him and, indeed, her own view of him.

Such care evolves into a 24 hour job at times.

It is contrived for drama, wouldn't ever happen in the real world. Be different if they had tried to repair their relationship, but she has merely just moved in in over night after being released a few days ago for violently attacking her on her wedding day !!

TTB i don't have to be spoken to about 24 hour care of a sick person. I'll leave it at that. Stranger things than this happen in the 'real world'. Family relations are often stranger than fiction. It could give Carol solace is all i'm saying.

Care homes are the worst places for many terminally ill people and elderly people.

• Advertisement

TTB i don't have to be spoken to about 24 hour care of a sick person. I'll leave it at that. Stranger things than this happen in the 'real world'. Family relations are often stranger than fiction. It could give Carol solace is all i'm saying.

neither do I. I can honestly assure you of that.

not, in my house personally. But I have about half dozen experiences. I can't imagine either of our experiences reflect this situation, which is the topic in question, not respite itself!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement