Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v8] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Murdoc90 wrote: »
    Who do you think are the best actor(s) on the show? (this wont take long.) Bryan Murray is up there for me even though he gets some pretty sh1te storylines, The actress who plays Renee is fairly decent and Katie too. Pete is solid and Eric Lalor as Spillane plays the role very well bringing a bit of comedy into it. The rest im not so sure about! maybe im missing a couple of others.

Eamon Morrisey (Cas) is an excellent actor, one of Irelands best theatre but just uses the show as an extra few easy quid.

Oisin is great, as I'd Charlotte on occasions, Hughie can be good but has awful and unintentional plots holding him back. Stripey and Gripey and Emmett are good actors as is KT but again comical nonsense the last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭De Bild

Wasn't congratulating myself......

I should hope so. I guess 90% of viewers can predict Fair City stories, it would not set one apart as being especially gifted.

Most of us are very serious!

Thank you for the heads up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

When Wanderer spoke about Dolores speech re. world gone pc mad i was reminded about this 'Fly on the Wall' documentary about travellers from 2003:D I know it's a bit off the point but sometimes our minds go in tangents!

About 22min long in 3 parts but the last 2 min aren't on youtube anymore. How did they get away with it! Great song 'The Whore Among the Nettles Roaring'!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0ygBdcdPH8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAOY5bW0JVY

De Bild wrote: »
    I should hope so. I guess 90% of viewers can predict Fair City stories, it would not set one apart as being especially gifted.

Christ, you are a barrel of laughs! Why are you having a go at me!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,742 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

He/She is German. German's are known for their brilliant sense of humor!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

He/She is German. German's are known for their brilliant sense of humor!

That sounds like a Pete-like comment you bigot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,044 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

MelanieC wrote: »
    That sounds like a Pete-like comment you bigot!

LETS TEACH FRESHPOPCORN A LESSON

200px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png

pjohnson wrote: »

200px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png

Take down the flag people might bump into it!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Melanie is a very likable character, has been from day one. Jake on the other hand,is a bitter little gob****e, everything offends him. He must be missing the Ama love. :pac:

She's also a fine thing ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,044 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

latest?cb=20151127015844

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Supernintento Chalmers

I am following this soap for over 20 years since i came from Germany in 1996. While it is often poor, it is funny at times too. I see this thread is a piss take as you say though some are quite serious. That's 10 pages read on this thread, enough for tonight.

http://i.imgur.com/C3Eerw5.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Don't mention the war.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Is it just me or does KT have a bit of a tan?

You, The Bread, i find are all over the thread, very visible. Sometimes with one liner put downs to other posters that are not very nice. Rude. The German in me likes to regulate, we've been managing Europe for ages so it comes naturally.

About the German humour, this is not true. The Austrians find our humour pleasing and with them we have the craic! My Irish work colleagues are beginning to understand me after 21 years. That is good for Irish people, no?

You will all eventually love me. This i promise. Somebody needs to mind the kids in the kindergarten.

You will all eventually love me. This i promise. Somebody needs to mind the kids in the kindergarten.

To get loved on this thread. You've to start a petition to get Katy freed! :D

I must point out that i was not sent by the Fair City script writers, though the offer me a lot of moolah. Also i am not a script writer for the production.

To get loved on this thread. You've to start a petition to get Katy freed! :D

I will sign it. I love you already freshpopcorn. You have a light heart.

pjohnson wrote: »

1. Deutschland, Deutschland über alles,
    Über alles in der Welt,
    Wenn es stets zu Schutz und Trutze
    Brüderlich zusammenhält,
    Von der Maas bis an die Memel,
    Von der Etsch bis an den Belt -
    |: Deutschland, Deutschland über alles,
    Über alles in der Welt. :|

2. Deutsche Frauen, deutsche Treue,
    Deutscher Wein und deutscher Sang
    Sollen in der Welt behalten
    Ihren alten schönen Klang,
    Uns zu edler Tat begeistern
    Unser ganzes Leben lang.
    |: Deutsche Frauen, deutsche Treue,
    Deutscher Wein und deutscher Sang. :|

3. Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit
    Für das deutsche Vaterland!
    Danach laßt uns alle streben
    Brüderlich mit Herz und Hand!
    Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit
    Sind des Glückes Unterpfand.
    |: Blüh' im Glanze dieses Glückes,
    Blühe, deutsches Vaterland. :|

(4. Deutschland, Deutschland über alles,
    Und im Unglück nun erst recht.
    Nur im Unglück kann die Liebe
    Zeigen, ob sie stark und echt.
    Und so soll es weiterklingen
    Von Geschlechte zu Geschlecht:
    |: Deutschland, Deutschland über alles,
    Und im Unglück nun erst recht. :| )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

Eh I don't look at the thread for a day or so and now have no idea what's happening!! Things have taken a peculiar turn around here!!

That is a good idea, i am almost as tall as Per Mertesacker.

Do you remember in the 2000s when the Russians took over Fair City? I think it's time to bring some Germans to the show, i do not recall one German ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

That is a good idea, i am almost as tall as Per Mertesacker.

Do you remember in the 2000s when the Russians took over Fair City? I think it's time to bring some Germans to the show, i do not recall one German ever.

I think you're taking over this thread Bild!

sligojoek wrote: »
    Don't mention the war.

No feel free to discuss at length, we have come to terms with our past.

You, The Bread, i find are all over the thread, very visible. Sometimes with one liner put downs to other posters that are not very nice. Rude. .

o?

What?? Seriously!! Why are you picking on me!! Maybe read down through the FC threads. Think you have a warped view of me! I would like to think the posters here will back me up on this! And even if you don't, it isn't a nice way to introduce yourself to the threads! I am quiet offended!

happyday wrote: »
    I think you're taking over this thread Bild!

Again i apologise for. While it is in our nature to regulate sometimes it is also in our nature to take over.

Let me get back to the item at hand Messe Stadt as i like to call it. You guys watch other soaps? Glenroe was for the cultshes before? They tell me in work it was only on once a week.

What?? Seriously!! Why are you picking on me!! Maybe read down through the FC threads. Think you have a warped view of me! I would like to think the posters here will back me up on this! And even if you don't, it isn't a nice way to introduce yourself to the threads! I am quiet offended!

Ah do not take it so bad. You were a big fish in a small pond, now you have a bigger fish with you! This is good, stimulate the intellect.

We may grow to love one another, be as close as Cass, Charlie and Bella with the wonky legs yet!

Seems De Bild is the Jake to my Pete, the Oisin to my Callum, the Paul to my Dermissshhh, the Laura to may Dan, the Greasy to my Spillane, the Niamh to my Jane, the Paul to my Wayne, the Gripey to my Ram!

We will be bumping into eachother forever more with our take out coffees on the streets of Boards.ie and having random pointless rows with accusations and snidey remarks and smirks and huffs and puffs !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

Seems De Bild is the Jake to my Pete, the Oisin to my Callum, the Paul to my Dermissshhh, the Laura to may Dan, the Greasy to my Spillane, the Niamh to my Jane, the Paul to my Wayne, the Gripey to my Ram!

This is hilarious!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement