Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v8] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭De Bild

Seems De Bild is the Jake to my Pete, the Oisin to my Callum, the Paul to my Dermissshhh, the Laura to may Dan, the Greasy to my Spillane, the Niamh to my Jane, the Paul to my Wayne, the Gripey to my Ram!

We will be bumping into eachother forever more with our coffees on the streets of Boards.ie and having random rows with accusations and snidey remarks and smirks and huffs and puffs !

I will enjoy this! I also want to wreck Wanderer's head he posts a lot of serious posts which us Germans don't find funny. While i like Wanderer's attention to detail, even for a German it is too much.

I love freshpopcorn, and i like the Sephiroth guy, he rocks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

De Bild wrote: »
    I will enjoy this! I also want to wreck Wanderer's head he posts a lot of serious posts which us Germans don't find funny. While i like Wanderer's attention to detail, even for a German it is too much.

I love freshpopcorn, and i like the Sephiroth guy, he rocks!

I am not buying the German thing! I reckon you are from Mallow!

You are going to be the Cathal Spillane of the thread, I think, just metaphorically walking around all day from place to place making snidey
    comments and virtually smirking like a joker villain to anyone and everyone!!

Everyone, listen up, that De Bild is bad news! You would want to stay away from him!

I signed up mostly to comment on cycling, The Tour d'France but it is filled with serious cycling heads.

I have a serious job. I need recreation, the work/life balance. I feel i have made the right lifestyle choice in becoming a Fair City boards head.

I am not buying the German thing! I reckon you are from Mallow!

Have you seen it lately? It is still in the grip of recession. Not the latest one, the one which begun in 1929. You go into pubs with thatch roofs and no covering on cement floors. Clar owns one of these pubs. Nicola sings cabret at weekends to bring in extra Moolah for Onsion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,742 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Have you seen it lately? It is still in the grip of recession. Not the latest one, the one which begun in 1929. You go into pubs with thatch roofs and no covering on cement floors. Clar owns one of these pubs. Nicola sings cabret at weekends to bring in extra Moolah for Onsion.

I doubt a German would move to Mallow theirs no Autobahn or even a Motorway!

• Advertisement

I doubt a German would move to Mallow theirs no Autobahn or even a Motorway!

But it does have Nicola. Blonde goddess.

If you'll excuse me i will now cease commenting for the evening. I want to read back over all the pages in this thread and get to know a little more ;)

Another poster i like is nagde? He/she has Cookie Monster head and seems harmless.

Gute Nacht :)

Oh yes before i go i have read some posts of Coolhull.

Him/her i like, very witty, but as you say over here.. he thinks he's the dog's bollox!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

No feel free to discuss at length, we have come to terms with our past.
    It was a reference to Fawlty Towers. A proper soap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

If you'll excuse me i will now cease commenting for the evening. I want to read back over all the pages in this thread and get to know a little more ;)

Another poster i like is nagde? He/she has Cookie Monster head and seems harmless.

I love you, De Bild, you're funny and a breath of fresh air.... :D

• Advertisement

sligojoek wrote: »
    It was a reference to Fawlty Towers. A proper soap.

Oh yes i have seen it. Excellent. Only 2 series, a pity. Cleese and Connie Booth both ended up in psychiatric care after filming one series. Life imitating art.

I love you, De Bild, you're funny and a breath of fresh air.... :D

Thank you :) I am blushing behind my computer screen. I love you too my little CollyFlower! Maybe we can catch an episode together sometime.

Oh yes before i go i have read some posts of Coolhull.

Him/her i like, very witty, but as you say over here.. he thinks he's the dog's bollox!

Coolhull is the dog's bollox of this thread.. You must have no SOH if you can't see that.

Coolhull is the dog's bollox of this thread.. You must have no SOH if you can't see that.

I thought you loved me?! Do you not see i'm playfully making fun of him as he is so marvellous?

Thank you :) I am blushing behind my computer screen. I love you too my little CollyFlower! Maybe we can catch an episode together sometime.

OK, how about Sunday? I'm free, I'll just have to clear it with my girlfriend. ;)

I thought you loved me?! Do you not see i'm playfully making fun of him as he is so marvellous?

I think Coolhull will get your humor.. :)

OK, how about Sunday? I'm free, I'll just have to clear it with my girlfriend. ;)

This is great. I must warn you i look like Borat only German if that makes sense?

I think Coolhull will get your humor.. :)

He's a neat guy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Ahh, Fair City!
    Can't live with it, can't live without it.
    Well, maybe we could live without it, but....
    This week's episodes again brought us many occasions of pure joy and unintentional comedy moments, as we learned a few things that may be of benefit to us in the future.
    For instance, if you're wheelchair - bound, and happen to go to the hospital to visit a very old, terminally - ill patient, it is important that you always, always, come armed with a heavy, three-foot - long baseball bat.
    You never know when the dying patient is going to jump up from his bed and empty his bed pan over you. So it's always better to come prepared.
    Though, seeing that Trigger 's visitors were Greasy and Wheelie, they're already so full of sh1t that the contents of Trigger's bedpan, (or his colostomy bag) is not going to make much difference anyway.

In Carrigstown, it seems that,
    even with a terminal disease, a few hours in the hospital day ward does wonders for your health, because last night, Trigger rose from his deathbed, unhooked his numerous drip lines, disconnected the cables from his life - support machine, signed himself out, and strolled nonchalantly back to his hostel. As you do.......

When the TV announcer warned me that the show may contain scenes of a distressing nature, I naturally expected to be disturbed and maybe shocked.
    And right enough, I was shocked in the very first scene by the distressing sight of Dolores, for the fifty-seventh time in two weeks, stíll pounding the pavement for no discernable purpose.
    When I was younger , there was a word for the type of woman who spent a lot of her time walking the streets.

And then there's the mystery of how Peter and Bob got a whole new personality transplant in just a few days, without any medical aid whatsoever.
    Bob went from being a harmless, coffee - pouring kerb- sweeper to becoming an accident - prone, cranky, grudge - bearing pr*ck.
    And Pete changed from being a sociable type of fella who only ever argued with Damo and Wayne, into an irascible, nit - ,picking, bad - tempered dickhead, wandering the streets like a bear with a sore hole.

Ahh, Fair City! As close to real life as you can get.
    Just like the TellyTubbies........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

WTF has been going on today?! It's funny but this 'De Bild' guy is scary!! I think he called me harmless!!

• Advertisement

Jaysus TTB he's a 'bigger fish than the big fish in the small pond'!! I hope he's harmless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

nagdefy wrote: »
    WTF has been going on today?! It's funny but this 'De Bild' guy is scary!! I think he called me harmless!!

Haha isn't been called harmless, a compliment, like you wouldn't hurt a fly.

De Bild is Bob... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Bob de Bilder

You're lucky, nag, he only called you harmless. He called me a dog's bollix!
    Not that there's anything wrong with dog's bollix. The North Koreans love it. They say it tastes like meat-balls.....
    But seriously, De Bild, welcome to the thread. It's always nice to see a new face on here. Or, as we say, "fresh bait"!

coolhull wrote: »
    Not that there's anything wrong with dog's bollix. The North Koreans love it. They say it tastes like meat-balls.....
    But seriously, De Bild, welcome to the thread. It's always nice to see a new face on here. Or, as we say, "fresh bait"!

The dog's bollox also means 'The Best'... Take it as a compliment. :)

fin12 wrote: »
    Haha isn't been called harmless, a compliment, like you wouldn't hurt a fly.

Thanks Fin :)

coolhull wrote: »

Ha ha! Excellent! He's one cheeky feker but maybe he'll be fun. He doesn't appear to take himself or anyone seriously. He took any German jokes well. His interaction with TTB was hilarious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

De Bild from Mallow, don't mind this thread! Sit down and binge read over the last thread! That is where the true action occurred! Plots like The Plan and KT in the Box provided an en entertainment even a Mallow man like you would enjoy! The Summer months of Pete arguing with everyone has not been so kind to the thread!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057579750

• Advertisement

The dog's bollox also means 'The Best'... Take it as a compliment. :)

I know, Colly! And I am taking it as a compliment (I think!)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement