Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v8] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,115 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

De Bild wrote: »
    That is a good idea, i am almost as tall as Per Mertesacker.

Do you remember in the 2000s when the Russians took over Fair City? I think it's time to bring some Germans to the show, i do not recall one German ever.

I'm surprised we haven't had any Polish people or characters from the Baltics either given the amount of EU migrants in Dublin.....I think nearly one in five people in the capital were born abroad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭De Bild

coolhull wrote: »
    I know, Colly! And I am taking it as a compliment (I think!)

It is indeed a compliment. I was playfully poking the bear with a quip and like the humble person without big ego that you are you never got excited or irascible.

I have read the plan thread. They all thought they had a plan but no one had any plan. As a friend of mine, who i am quiet like, Prof. Gunther Gruhn, once said the whole situation was crazy like a malfunction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I have a feeling I know who de Bild is.... !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Please get back to talking about Fair City - please keep things friendly, thanks.

For what it's worth, De Bild seems to be a legit new user.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

I have a feeling I know who de Bild is.... !

Barry Murphy?!

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    Please get back to talking about Fair City - please keep things friendly, thanks.

For what it's worth, De Bild seems to be a legit new user.

Thank you Mr. E for confirming my legitimacy.

When i first came to Ireland Fair City was better. Paschal was exposing his baluba spear to Hanna Finnegan, what a character she was. Both have died now i think.

Still myself and Frau Bild sit down each evening Fair City is on with tea, Allgäu cheese and crackers and i get excited about Jane while she doesn't get excited at all.

Frau Bild is currently very annoyed with the big lug Damien. She feels he needs straightening with a mechanical device.

nagdefy wrote: »
    Barry Murphy?!

No Mr. Cookie Monster, incorrect guess, but ya i'm quite like Prof. Gunther Grunn in personality.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

I see Yvonne Doyle is filming for Amy hubermans TV series.
    A shame. I'd love to see her back in it. I do enjoy Nicola as the soap bitch in her absence tho.

Would love to see Louis come back for Jack as well and have him Vs Robbie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

What?? Seriously!! Why are you picking on me!! Maybe read down through the FC threads. Think you have a warped view of me! I would like to think the posters here will back me up on this! And even if you don't, it isn't a nice way to introduce yourself to the threads! I am quiet offended!

Ah go away you, people are so easily offended these days! I'm afraid to call you Bread in case its seen as bread-ophobia ;)

laylag wrote: »
    I see Yvonne Doyle is filming for Amy hubermans TV series.
    A shame. I'd love to see her back in it. I do enjoy Nicola as the soap bitch in her absence tho.

Would love to see Louis come back for Jack as well and have him Vs Robbie.

This would be good. Frau Bild had, as Sam Atwell would say, The Hots, for Louis.

• Advertisement

Not only have i immersed myself in the premier Irish soap since i arrive in Ireland.

Like Christian Machowski, German Euro Sport managing director, and The Ram, as you call him, i've become interested in hurling. In my 40s i start to play 5 years ago. I do not wish to give my location away but i play with what they call a Junior Special team. At first the manger say 'you wouldn't hit a cow's arse with a Banjo' but now i think even the Ram would be proud of me.

Ah go away you, people are so easily offended these days! I'm afraid to call you Bread in case its seen as bread-ophobia ;)

You are catching on much more quickly than the Bread Wanderer ;) I know how to annoy him. You make a comment like 'you have an ego the size of Bavaria or Onsion's nite club' and he takes the bait everytime:D

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭LushiousLips

Leave Bread alone. No need for this shi*e in the thread.

Yes i apologise unreservedly to The Talking Bread. I have indeed been offensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

De Bild wrote: »
    You are catching on much more quickly than the Bread Wanderer ;) I know how to annoy him. You make a comment like 'you have an ego the size of Bavaria or Onsion's nite club' and he takes the bait everytime:D

Look you were a little funny at first but you are targeting a well respected poster on here now and those of us who are here a while will not tolerate that.

The Talking Bread has been commenting on here for a long time and we know his form. You on the other hand, we know nothing about you. I better be careful here but i doubt you are Mr. De Bild from Germany and using the old fashioned Frau for your wife..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,044 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Leave our talking loaf of bread the f*ck alone. Unless you are a talking toaster. Then you can making beautiful talking toast babies.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Just turned on be3 and there's a movie where Carol's ex Sylvester Garrigan was playing a Russian gangster. I say was because he just got shot. Alan Stanford (posh George from Glenroe) and Fionnuala Flanagan are also in it.

I had a word with Ambassador Busso von Alvensleben back in 2010 and stopped this.

I cannot post links but you can google this..,

fair-city-set-faces-move-after-german-embassy-complains

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

youwould wrote: »
    Just turned on be3 and there's a movie where Carol's ex Sylvester Garrigan was playing a Russian gangster. I say was because he just got shot. Alan Stanford (posh George from Glenroe) and Fionnuala Flanagan are also in it.

Janine Turner (from Cliffhanger with Sly Stallone and John Lithgow) is the main person in it. Silly American ****e as per usual. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Has Niamh and Sean met up with niece Juliet yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,742 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Has Niamh and Sean met up with niece Juliet yet?

Niamh and Sean barely bump into one another never mind their niece!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

How is KT going to pay her rent if she throws Charlotte out at the end of the week. How is she paying it at the moment. Ah my heads melted.

How is KT going to pay her rent if she throws Charlotte out at the end of the week. How is she paying it at the moment. Ah my heads melted.

Who is she paying rent to exactly?
    I was under the impression Ciaran inherited the apartment off his parents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Who is she paying rent to exactly?
    I was under the impression Ciaran inherited the apartment off his parents.

Oh I thought Ciaran was renting the apartment. That still doesn't explain how KT is living there though. But then this is fair city so I shouldn't be surprised:P

Oh I thought Ciaran was renting the apartment. That still doesn't explain how KT is living there though. But then this is fair city so I shouldn't be surprised:P

I could be totally wrong about that!

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭LushiousLips

I could be totally wrong about that!

No I think Deegan mentioned it before that it was originally Ciarans parents gaff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Free rent and all the trimmings living in the box, now free rent et al in LoveHate's apartment! KT is a wily character!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Free rent and all the trimmings living in the box, now free rent et al in LoveHate's apartment! KT is a wily character!

Plus the media mob that were permanently parked outside her house (but not the back garden-Doh!) have just vanished! In this tiny little island of ours, there is no way such a story, if it happened, would just fade away after a few months. The media tabloid vultures would be tracking her 24/7, with daily updates like "Sex Slave Enters Chipper for first time since 2016" or "Who is ginger visitor to new sex slaves flat" etc etc. For the interest to just fade away is the most (on a long list) ridiculous thing about the KT storyline.

Hell, I'm looking at the Sunday papers now and there is some crap about Love Island romances that will get them through the whole summer. Imagine a young girl locked up for a year by the local friendly mechanic being let go and the captor not even found out yet- they would get a decade out of that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

KT was not a sex slave

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,115 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Plus the media mob that were permanently parked outside her house (but not the back garden-Doh!) have just vanished! In this tiny little island of ours, there is no way such a story, if it happened, would just fade away after a few months. The media tabloid vultures would be tracking her 24/7, with daily updates like "Sex Slave Enters Chipper for first time since 2016" or "Who is ginger visitor to new sex slaves flat" etc etc. For the interest to just fade away is the most (on a long list) ridiculous thing about the KT storyline.

Hell, I'm looking at the Sunday papers now and there is some crap about Love Island romances that will get them through the whole summer. Imagine a young girl locked up for a year by the local friendly mechanic being let go and the captor not even found out yet- they would get a decade out of that!

I don't think she would be just dumped there either and left to her own devices. As probably the most high profile kidnap victim in the country in years, she would have access to the very best psychological and counselling services and plenty of other supports too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement